Can this Laptop Play Catacombs well?

Barevos

Fledgling Freddie
Am going to invest in a new laptop and was wondering if this laptop would run it ok, i dont need a super computer or anything, pretty casual player.

If you got any suggestions please do say them or if u got any other suggestions for what to get/change. Thanks

- AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 Processor 1.6GHz
- 1600 MHz HT
- 512 KB Cache
- 1024 MB RAM
- 80 GB Hard Driv
- 15.4" Widescreen HD Brightview display
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
- 128mb NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Graphics

Full link here for anyone wanting to check anything else. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/176555

Thanks

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
I run cata in dual log with:

100gig HD (cookie cutter speed)
AMD 3200+
1.3gig ram
128mb nvidia card (cheap one i think)

so you should be fine :)

Barevos

Fledgling Freddie
OK thanks alot, if anyone else get any other opinions, feel free to comment.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Looks ok to me, the GFX card isnt amazing, but as long as your ok with turning the detail and draw distance down a little you should be ok. DAOC doesnt really require that much to run, although large scale rvr can be a problem on some machines.

Syri

FH is my second home
it should run with reduced details, the main problems though with most laptops are the lack of dedicated graphics memory, slower gpus and also slow hard drives. as long as you tweak the settings right though, and don't attempt to dual log, it should be fine

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Syri said:
it should run with reduced details, the main problems though with most laptops are the lack of dedicated graphics memory, slower gpus and also slow hard drives. as long as you tweak the settings right though, and don't attempt to dual log, it should be fine

Personally I used 2Gb to offset this, so more is held in memory. Runs very nicely, but as I upgraded from 512Mb, I can't guarantee that 1Gb wouldn't have played the same.

Darzil

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Darzil said:
Personally I used 2Gb to offset this, so more is held in memory. Runs very nicely, but as I upgraded from 512Mb, I can't guarantee that 1Gb wouldn't have played the same.

Darzil

ive dual logged on

512mb
128mb dedicated gfx
(laptop)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Syri said:

I didnt' think the nvidia or ati notebook gfx cards used shared memory? I thought shared mem was only found on wanky cards in wanky laptops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom