can someone help me ?

• Thread starter Repent Reloaded
  • Start date
R

Repent Reloaded

just a quick Q*
I made an account with [http://www23.brinkster.com] just to show some screens from DAoC, I went to the sites built in file manager and uploaded some pics, when I go to my URL nothing shows up, what am I doin wrong ?

thanks for your time.

E

EnricoPolatso

Doesnt look like www23.brinkster.com is supposed to point to anything..... Was that definately the address they gave to you for your site?

D

danger

errm you're going to need to give more information than that if you need help...

Give an exact step by step of what you did, example filenames you uploaded, did you get a confirmation of upload from the web based upload manager? What URL did you enter in your browser to test it? Were there spaces in the image filenames, if so did you replace them with %20 in the URL? Also what error did you get when entering the pictures URL in your browser... 404 file not found, 500 Internal server error, Cannot find server or DNS Error?

R

Repent Reloaded

is there any way I can get the images to come up in a list or do I have to go make a web site ?

U

[UKLans]Khan

When they come up as a list it means that Directory Browsing is allowed on the server, unless the hosts control panel allows for this then I would say that you have to create a webpage.

Here's an idea, you could use a web album generator, there are free ones about and it will take about a minute for you to do hundreds of images.

Try here:

http://download.com.com/3000-2193-10116396.html?tag=lst-0-2

Web Album Generator was designed to help you publish your digital photos to the Web. Web Album Generator features automatic thumbnail generation, image resizing, titles and captions, customizable navigation controls, XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2 conformance, and an easy-to-use interface

Thanks,

Khan

R

Repent Reloaded

im in college atm so I'll give it a try when i get home, thanks for your help :)

R

Repent Reloaded

k, I've made an album, how do I get it on the web ?
thanks

U

[UKLans]Khan

Now you need to upload the files it creates to your account, wether that be by FTP or a file upload facility on thier website. You may want to use your Barrysworld hosting as it allows FTP upload which it far better than using a file upload facility on a web page.

Thanks,

Khan

U

[UKLans]Khan

no problems, if you require more help give us a shout.

Thanks,

Khan

Users who are viewing this thread