Can anyone help? (d3dx9_34.dll)

mykiep

Regular Freddie
hi, ive managed to patch up , now when i hit play i get an error message-

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found."

Ive tried a full file check but no joy, has anyone else experienced this or been able to sort it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
I can indeed help you.

Download the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft's website.

This should do the job. :)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
It's a missing directx file, and I've seen a couple of other posts mentioning it and where you can get a fix for it - I'm running a search for those posts, but my PC is running horribly slow, you might get a result faster if you give it a go, search on d3dx9_34.dll should find one.

Edit - See - told you my PC was slow, Fitzbert got you an answer while I was still looking ;)

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
I had the same problem Aurelius, before I had anything registered through GOA and just tried running the client in the hope of seeing a spiffy login screen or something (I know, sad..). So anyway, I got that exact error message, installed the latest build of DirectX 9c and BINGO! Problem solved. Wouldn't get to a login screen though. :( Kept crashing after a few moments after the WAR shield goes "FWOOM!" and settles into the screen.

mykiep

Regular Freddie
Thank you

Cant thank you enough for your lightning fast response mate:D
Im Dlin now so all being well should be sorted

Again , cheers bud!

Zagantia

Fledgling Freddie
I had the same problem last night after I got patched and was ready to play.

I googled the filename and found a download. Then just unzip and copy file into your windows/system directory. Worked fine for me. Good luck.

njr5robins

Fledgling Freddie
can anyone help me couple of quick and hopefully easy questions
how can you tell which version of the beta client you have i.e closed or open beta client?

if i have the closed client can i connect to the patching server to update and patch to open beta status??

and does anyone have a non-microsoft source for the latest direct-x files??

ta in advance.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
can anyone help me couple of quick and hopefully easy questions
how can you tell which version of the beta client you have i.e closed or open beta client?

if i have the closed client can i connect to the patching server to update and patch to open beta status??

and does anyone have a non-microsoft source for the latest direct-x files??

ta in advance.

No really easy way of telling which one you have until you run it, new one has a black styled patcher so should be obvious.

First time you run the closed beta client it will download a new patcher then restart and patch up the game.

DirectX 9.0c download from Guru3D.com

mykiep

Regular Freddie
Brilliant

Dl'ed and all works fine now
thanks mate

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
personally i'm wary about downloading certain types of files such as dll files from just any site found via google.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
this problem tends to come from vista. as microsoft by default only install the DX10 files meaning older programs complain when they cant find the DX9 files. but if you install directx from the microsoft web site it installs all the DX9 files that are not origonaly installed with vista. still dont have a clue why they did it that way as it seems prety pointless and just an anoyance to me.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
aye got the problem with Vista, installed the files and it worked fine.

Visionist

Fledgling Freddie
Hi ive got a similar problem...
But when i hit the play button i get no error message, it just doesn't load the game...
Any one have any ideas why this is happening and how i can resolve it?
Thank you

Firecrown

Fledgling Freddie
Vision - I guess its the same problem - thats the same as I had although running the War.exe file showed the error.

Would try the above microsoft DirectX update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom