Camping Artifacts..

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
So you think its more curtsey when people camp artifacts even thou they dont need them, just to sell them? [.. snip ..] I have a hard time getting what I need because I cant spend 10p on a scroll or some ML drop.

Jeriraa - I agree mate and its something that makes me unhappy.

I came from EQ where camping was rife, and arguements were a plenty. As far as im concerned, if a mob is up, and I have with me a force suitable to take it down and you dont, I will have NO hesitation in attempting it wether its "camped" or not. The courtesy part would allow the campee the chance to join the group for the encounter credit & to roll on the item too.

Common courtesy tells me to give the "camper" a chance to get a raid together .. afterall its only fair especially if they have been waiting for hours on end ... however ... the greedy farmers have made me think otherwise. (Check the CM for outragous prices, something that as a casual player I cannot afford)

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Cwini said:
Common courtesy tells me to give the "camper" a chance to get a raid together .. afterall its only fair especially if they have been waiting for hours on end ... however ... the greedy farmers have made me think otherwise. (Check the CM for outragous prices, something that as a casual player I cannot afford)

I am sick of readin this. Knowing a lot of the players as i do and checking cm's often so getting to know the players that sell decent items regularly it infuriates me reading posts like this.

Most players will only camp when they need an item, they do not camp arti spots for profit as quite simply it is too boring and not overly profitable. If you camp a spot for 20 hours for SoM and then gank it with a group, get 20 plat for the arti of which some you would have to share with the group or at least lotto for the item (so not a good chance of you getting it), its simply not worth it, there are more profitable things to do.

Ok some people camp certain arti's they don't need for drops, like Band of Stars and similar, which yeah is a bit frustrating but most players camping stuff like that will definately let you join for credit and often even give you the arti they don't need.

If i join random groups of course i am gonna lotto for the arti, most random groups take time to get organised and then more time to do the arti, something like SoM can often take over an hour, battler etc even more so you can be damned sure i wanna roll for the arti. If its guild/friends or even alliance thats different but if its not then i am rolling. I feel to be writing the same stuff in response to the same ignorant peoples posting so i am sorry to any1 that has read similar posts from me like this. The secret to it is if i sell an arti i don't need, then the guy that buys it gets an arti which is good news for them, i get cash to buy something that i can't get myself, or am just crap at lotto'ing for :p tartaros for example, and the game moves on. If you didn't let people roll for arti's then imagine battler. In epic mode with random peeps you need 2fgs (don't be a dick and post you only need 1, i am talking random here, thanes etc...), now unless your healers/shammies happen to have warrior alts, but they cannot roll for battler, for the torch of even for the cloth sleeves, would they come? would they f**k.

If you want to stop people rolling for arti's then get your guild to help, but don't flame saying that any1 selling an artifact is selfish and must have camped it. All artifacts i, and others sell are from roaming and finding uncamped mobs, don't like it, don't buy em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom