Camlann an english server ? My ass!

R

Repent Reloaded

On the rules of the PvP server it says that english is only to be spoken and yet u get dO0dz who asume your from France /germany or whatever and come up to you sayin
';orgh[eohij!' and when u give'em a nice bit of pvp ownage u get ' ...ruh RAAHD'PTHJ!' Speak english please I dont understand
' .... ioshoij!' /ignore Mr.Frenchy..
also the posts on Camlann BW forums has dropped to a hault near enough, is there any english people left on our pvp server ? have we been kicked out of our own ?
Aye myself left pvp due to hardly findin english ppl to talk to and also I like pve servers more :)
what do u guys think ?

J

joppe69

I guess that this server is killing it self. Camlann is now one of she smallest servers if you look at population on it. There are to many people (propably fat and ugly 10 year old kids without friends) that only killing grey or green to them and the sadest thing is that they love to do it when you are fighting mobs. Even the big guilds loves to kill grey and greens xping

D

dk_flint

Originally posted by Quaz-
On the rules of the PvP server it says that english is only to be spoken and yet u get dO0dz who asume your from France /germany or whatever and come up to you sayin
';orgh[eohij!' and when u give'em a nice bit of pvp ownage u get ' ...ruh RAAHD'PTHJ!' Speak english please I dont understand
' .... ioshoij!' /ignore Mr.Frenchy..
also the posts on Camlann BW forums has dropped to a hault near enough, is there any english people left on our pvp server ? have we been kicked out of our own ?
Aye myself left pvp due to hardly findin english ppl to talk to and also I like pve servers more :)
what do u guys think ?

even french is better english than yours

D

dk_flint

Originally posted by joppe69
I guess that this server is killing it self. Camlann is now one of she smallest servers if you look at population on it. There are to many people (propably fat and ugly 10 year old kids without friends) that only killing grey or green to them and the sadest thing is that they love to do it when you are fighting mobs. Even the big guilds loves to kill grey and greens xping

go play Harry Potter

J

joppe69

i guess DK_Flint is coward only killing greens and grey that cant fight back. Why should you otherwize respond like that? Propably fat and ugly to...

U

Uriron

PvP is Player Vs Player ie you can kill each other...if you dont like it go play somewhere else.

Yes getting chopped by a purp is annoying but that is what is going to happen on a server where everyone is fair game.

Maybe you selected the wrong server by accident, try Excaliber or Prydwen servers.

I think that covers it.

R

Repent Reloaded

Flint, you suck it .... you suck it hard.
this was a good serious post and the replys r noobish flames, even get better ones in excal alb.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uriron
PvP is Player Vs Player ie you can kill each other...if you dont like it go play somewhere else.

Yes getting chopped by a purp is annoying but that is what is going to happen on a server where everyone is fair game.

Maybe you selected the wrong server by accident, try Excaliber or Prydwen servers.

I think that covers it.

not entirely.
tho, from a pure PvP standpoint, I agree with you, you can ask yourself "What is best for the comunity"

right now Camlann isn't a very friendly place for people who are just starting there and I can imagine that you won't go far past level 10 if you get stomped over by purps at every corner...

while it's true everybody without a flag is fair game, it might be smart to ask yourself the question "Am I not killing more then that helpless grey?"

D

dk_flint

if you want a serious reply ...

your post is the 10000000 th of its kind. your topic has been discussed for about 10000000 x 10 times and all that you say has been said except for terms like: "Ignore Mr. Frenchy". also, if your head isnt entirely empty, you will realise that only those can speak english that learned it at some point of their lives, which, with only 1 pvp server but 3 playing countries results in different use of languages of this server. thats why i made a fool of you, because you should have been able to discover that by yourself OR found that out in one of those other 10000000 threads :]

joppe, because i reply the same way to people that start a thread about nerfing chanters now :]

i would like to quote a sig at this point, i think it was gunners:
"What has been said, dont need to be discussed"

P.S.: you both are welcome to come get some. :] always in for a duel

R

Relin

Originally posted by Quaz-
Flint, you suck it .... you suck it hard.
this was a good serious post and the replys r noobish flames, even get better ones in excal alb.

A Serious post ???

Dont think so m8,

So what if the server it not just english, maybe you will learn something new :p

R

Relin

I think that covers it.

Never understood people with post like these, Dont you understand that if everyone goes and plays another server Cam will die.

People have already left in droves please dont wish them all away

A

Arrows

actually i hope everyone who doesnt want to pvp fux off back to teh normal servers if everyone pvped for xp you wouldn get xp deaths and stuff like that and poeple would start killing for rewards and greens hardly get rewards ... why go on pvp to level on mobs yet again and why sould i let you get to 50 just so you can run past me and onehit me with an insta level 50 dd ... not gonna happen m8ty :)

R

Repent Reloaded

if I new ppl has talked about this I wouldnt of made a post

G

gunner440

Originally posted by dk_flint
i would like to quote a sig at this point, i think it was gunners:
"What has been said, dont need to be discussed"

o_O i neva said that :p

O

old.Derszu

Language...

first of all I havent kept track of everything regarding camlann... may u plz post me a link where it its said that the only language allowed on camlann is in fact english...
(and plz, dont come up with the link where it is said camlann has an english database... thx)

then flint said... oh hes from denmark... so he should have known...
with only 1 pvp server but 3 playing countries
u cant bring it down on countries... lets just say we have 3 different language settings in europe...
but there are far more people of different languages playing... and there is also the possibility that someone doesnt know any of the 3 languages (we had a russian player once, feck his english was terrible... ;) )

at last... to be true... if all NON-english people would leave excalibur and prywden... ther servers would be empty... english people wouldnt even fill up one server... :p

D

dk_flint

Re: ...

Originally posted by old.Derszu
then flint said... oh hes from denmark... so he should have known...

huh?!

edit: lol i got it you meant DK_flint but that stands for my guild ;)
still, im foreign to the english realm

O

old.Derszu

uh... *shame on me*... :eek:

but there were just so many ppl (from different guilds) on our server... dk_here dk_there

never thougt it had to do with a guild...

O

old.Lianuchta

Just look at it as an opportunity to learn (refresh) new languages :)

My french and german is improving rapidly since being on Camlann (being GM means i get to deal with all the sends and contacting other officers etc...).

O

old.Derszu

Great point Lianuchta...

and thats exactly why i dont play on the german servers... all those silly germans around... :rolleyes:
it sooooo nice to meet different ppl on excal/pry and camlann :clap:

B

bracken_woodman

Looking at how many people still play Cam peak time, I'd say more and more people are choosing to do this. I didn't stay long in Cam because

a) It became quite apparent very quickly how things would go and I didn't want to stick around to see it happen

and

b) Any chance of it becoming the type of pvp server that could have been fun for all was never going to happen because of the silly "If you don't like getting ganked by purps go play somewhere else" mentality. Shame really.

Oh and as for it being a "hardcore" pvp server, can't really see it myself. The old UO felucca made Camlann look like a kiddies playground. In those days, the real pvpers showed their skill by beating equal or high level players through ability and tactics in a game that was truely designed for pvp. People who think that they are serious pvpers because they play on Cam are (in my humble opinion of course) deluding themselves ;)

Cue flames :D

T

Thorgald

Re: ...

Originally posted by old.Derszu
Language...

first of all I havent kept track of everything regarding camlann... may u plz post me a link where it its said that the only language allowed on camlann is in fact english...
(and plz, dont come up with the link where it is said camlann has an english database... thx)

on the same link that mythic said that the server database is english also said that all PUBLIC is to be spoken in english.. and in fact that it IS a violation against the CoC NOT to speak english in /s or /b

not that i care about it as im not playing there anymore but thats the official statement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom