Camera question

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
At the moment i have a nikon D50 which is a 6.1megapixel camera thats a few years old now.. well nearly 5 i guess ..

Would upgrading to the 14 or higher pixel cameras show a big difference in picture quality

Was thinking something along the lines of D90 at around 12mp or a d7000 at 16mp

Just so i can keep my current lenses

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I thought cameras were all lens, sensor size and processing, pixel size can't exceed the other's without it being pointless.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
To keep this thread and answer simple, good lenses are always important. However the new sensor in the D7000 is Sony's Exmor 16MP sensor and has sensational dynamic range for an APS-C sensor, even better shadow noise than the EOS 5D Mk2 (although, dynamic range isn't the be all and end all).

You're likely to see a big improvement assuming you have the photography and post processing skills to get the most out of the sensor. It truly is the best APS-C sensor on the market (same sensor is in other cameras now, e.g. Pentax K5).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yup what I have been reading ... Will play with lightroom some on what I got at the moment and play with my camera ATM see what I can do then decide to move up or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom