Question Camera Menz (IR Trigger)

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,

Wonder if i can poke you camera people. I need some sort of infrared or movement activated trigger so i can take some shots of a fast moving subject.

I have a Canon 450D, and it has a Lanc[1] port.

I'm after capturing this guy:

red_kite_2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

We leave him "uneeded" chicks and he's quite happy to come down and feed, luckily for such a rare species he's now nesting (can post blurrycam pics of the nest) it would be great to capture the young once they fledge and start feeding on their own. Got some shakey cam of him swooping down and taking food - it's on a 4m long jetty, but now I want more detail, so you can see my task...

I could post the video, so the camera heads of the forum can maybe offer some tips/setting etc, but i'm open to any advice when it comes to one of these creatures.

Love you loads.

P

[1]I dont know if lanc is a universal term, but it's what it's called on Sony cameras - it's where i think you plug the remote control or somesuch.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Hullo,

Just as an idea, here's a frame from the shakey cam - the whole fly-in fly out took less than 2 seconds.

Ideally I'd like to place the camera at the right side of the jetty looking down it. Sometimes the Kite comes head on (which would be fantastic!) but depending on the wind, and his comfort zone, swoops like this..

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom