Question Camera buffs pls?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yo yo yo, you called?

@Jupitus you can't go wrong with an entry DSLR kit like that from Canon or Nikon, these new kit lenses are really good indeed (cheap build though, plastic mount rather than metal). Also consider an entry level Canon prime such as the 50mm f/1.8 (highly regarded) as prime lenses really focus the mind. Fundamental photography basics (light, composition) and camera functions (ISO, aperture, shutter speed) can all be learned to a high degree on a camera like this, and if he likes it he can upgrade to more sophisticated Canon kit down the line. These two lenses can be used on Canon's top mid-range camera.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yo yo yo, you called?

@Jupitus you can't go wrong with an entry DSLR kit like that from Canon or Nikon, these new kit lenses are really good indeed (cheap build though, plastic mount rather than metal). Also consider an entry level Canon prime such as the 50mm f/1.8 (highly regarded) as prime lenses really focus the mind. Fundamental photography basics (light, composition) and camera functions (ISO, aperture, shutter speed) can all be learned to a high degree on a camera like this, and if he likes it he can upgrade to more sophisticated Canon kit down the line. These two lenses can be used on Canon's top mid-range camera.

Hello, @Big G ! That's just the kind of input I was looking for... thank you very much!! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom