Camelot reporter

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
is dyvet officially over?

Chronicles of Camelot

i wanted to check about the german super cluster just today, but i read the news in english 1st as usual.
guess what... the new realm bonuses are there, but no dyvet... in its place are the french clusters
so, will be dyvet shut down or will it merge with ze french servers?

or is it just the usual GOA service to the english speaking clients?

:drink:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
35 ingame as we speak.... 2 on Camlann. yes its over and what a crying shame. I could understand if anything better had come and replaced it but it hasn`t. Just poorly run.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I guess those who can't speak German or French are left in the dark as usual. :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
id say its almost over for all the european servers.

2200 across all the servers on a sunday afternoon isnt exactly a massive amount of ppl

and about the ppl that cant speak german or french.

what exactly do you want GOA to do? they cant make the language client side and making the server language english will leave those that cant speak english in the dark. and looking from GOA's point its alot better to have 30 english speaking players pissed off then ALOT more french/germans that cant speak english...

yes its a shame but there really isnt much to be done here that wont actually make it worse then it already is.

unless you suggest that Mythic spend a few hundred thousand dollars on recoding the core game to make the language packs client side ofc.

and even if Mythic wanted to do that they just can't because they will never ever get that money back. no company would risk that kind of money on something that has a pretty big chance of losing most of its customers within the near future (talking about Warhammer here).

its over for the english servers. no amount of advertising can save that cluster now. and GOA probably can't afford to advertise anyway, and not because they dont have the funds to do so but because they know that they wont get nearly as many new subscribers as needed to just make THOSE money back, let alone turn it around to a profit.

i'm actually surprised that Dyvet is still running because that cluster sure as hell isnt making them any cash. and i very much doubt that the entire european subscriber base is generating enough for a profit. if anything they are just barely breaking even, if that.

well, there might be something that could turn the game around. and thats a complete relaunch with a world wide advertising campaign. but that wont happen either because its just to much of a risk. because the game IS old, it IS restrictive and its hardly even looking good compared to the newer mmo's out there.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I wish Dyvet gets clustered with a German or French cluster. Or even better cluster them all into 1 super cluster. I don't care what language. I'm from Norway and I don't understand French and my German is very limited to the point that I understand only a few words and I can't express myself at all.

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
I wish Dyvet gets clustered with a German or French cluster. Or even better cluster them all into 1 super cluster. I don't care what language. I'm from Norway and I don't understand French and my German is very limited to the point that I understand only a few words and I can't express myself at all.

I've been playing on Limors cluster for 18 months now and I didn't (and still don't really) speak a word of German. It's not a hard adjustment to make with some friends around you who know what you need to know and can help you find your feet. After that it's a breeze. Also, in my experience the Germans are fine - friendly and helpful - and not as reluctant to speak English as some people would have you believe. Long as you go about it the right way. ;)

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Give the cluster directly to Mythic in the USA.
(As they are making a loss on the current cluster it would be a good move on GOA 's part if Mythic wouldnt mind taking the hit.)
They will probably cluster it again with an existing one and i think that may encourage a decent amount of closed accounts to re-activate and play there. The action is still pretty good on US clusters and doing so would only improve that.

This is of course 'economically impossible' and would never happen but i would love to have my EU toons available to me on US clusters :)

:england:

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
:)

id say its almost over for all the european servers.

2200 across all the servers on a sunday afternoon isnt exactly a massive amount of ppl

and about the ppl that cant speak german or french.

what exactly do you want GOA to do? they cant make the language client side and making the server language english will leave those that cant speak english in the dark. and looking from GOA's point its alot better to have 30 english speaking players pissed off then ALOT more french/germans that cant speak english...

yes its a shame but there really isnt much to be done here that wont actually make it worse then it already is.

unless you suggest that Mythic spend a few hundred thousand dollars on recoding the core game to make the language packs client side ofc.

and even if Mythic wanted to do that they just can't because they will never ever get that money back. no company would risk that kind of money on something that has a pretty big chance of losing most of its customers within the near future (talking about Warhammer here).

its over for the english servers. no amount of advertising can save that cluster now. and GOA probably can't afford to advertise anyway, and not because they dont have the funds to do so but because they know that they wont get nearly as many new subscribers as needed to just make THOSE money back, let alone turn it around to a profit.

i'm actually surprised that Dyvet is still running because that cluster sure as hell isnt making them any cash. and i very much doubt that the entire european subscriber base is generating enough for a profit. if anything they are just barely breaking even, if that.

well, there might be something that could turn the game around. and thats a complete relaunch with a world wide advertising campaign. but that wont happen either because its just to much of a risk. because the game IS old, it IS restrictive and its hardly even looking good compared to the newer mmo's out there.

Couldnt have put it better myself!

One thing though surely GOA are able to put up some kind of survey to allow us to have our say wether english servers should be merged with french servers or summin. Im not saying that the whole layout should then be made english because that would be sick for the frenchies but if players of dyvet want better action then they would simply have to put up with it all in french! I kno for a possible 100 people alone who would prefer this. Then over time GOA may make some money back to work on getting it to english for the english speeking players...?
karl

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing on Limors cluster for 18 months now and I didn't (and still don't really) speak a word of German. It's not a hard adjustment to make with some friends around you who know what you need to know and can help you find your feet. After that it's a breeze. Also, in my experience the Germans are fine - friendly and helpful - and not as reluctant to speak English as some people would have you believe. Long as you go about it the right way. ;)

Damn i thought you were german with that accent!!! Couldn't understood you at all on vent :D

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Damn i thought you were german with that accent!!! Couldn't understood you at all on vent :D

Hey V!! Yeah, my accent is way broad, I know. Don't help that I speak faster than the proverbial speeding bullet (the curse of the Glaswegian...) :(

Where you been hiding anyway? Come back and spend more time with us on the German servers. :D

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Hey V!! Yeah, my accent is way broad, I know. Don't help that I speak faster than the proverbial speeding bullet (the curse of the Glaswegian...) :(

Where you been hiding anyway? Come back and spend more time with us on the German servers. :D

Finishing to wrote my thesis (need to have everything done till the 16th july) and kinda gave up on Daoc :(
My subs run out for EU servers and i'm not renewing them, it's probably game over for me. Still have the US ones active but not sure if i will fall on the addiction again. A rl friend started me a character on EvE, i may give it a try to see how is the game.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Finishing to wrote my thesis (need to have everything done till the 16th july) and kinda gave up on Daoc :(
My subs run out for EU servers and i'm not renewing them, it's probably game over for me. Still have the US ones active but not sure if i will fall on the addiction again. A rl friend started me a character on EvE, i may give it a try to see how is the game.

sad to hear this, but the end of daoc is near.

i will glad to see you in war if that is worth playing, unlike aoc.
about eve, you will be always 2-3 points from most of the other players who started 3-4 years ago

ps: omg i really wanted to see portugal win germany, but i was so disappointed

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

about eve, you will be always 2-3 points from most of the other players who started 3-4 years ago

I know that about EvE, but i will not play actively until september or sumthing, so it's just to start bulding up a character. Since my friend is very generous i don't have to bother about mining/rating etc to get money ;)

I will see in september if i really enjoy the game or not.

Well we deserved to lost that game, hopefully the team will learn from that game and be rdy for 2010.

joap

Fledgling Freddie

The beauty in eve is that in terms of the skills you can actually be as good as older players in specific areas. If you decide to fly, lets say an interceptor, you can train the interceptor skills as high as a much older player in a relatively short time and be in a level playing field.

The main advantage old players have is that they can do and fly much more stuff than newbies. While a newer char may only be able to fly properly interceptors and HACs, an older character may be able to add commmand and capital ships to the list.

I know that about EvE, but i will not play actively until september or sumthing, so it's just to start bulding up a character. Since my friend is very generous i don't have to bother about mining/rating etc to get money

I wonder if your generous friend reads FH :lol:

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved

Like Manny says, I'm sorry to hear that too. :( If you ever change your mind look us up again. Otherwise I hope we maybe meet in another game another time. Good luck with the thesis. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom