Camelot Organiser v1.05 BETA

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Requirements:
You must have .NET framework 2 or above in order to run this. .NET framework is an official add on for windows which can be found using 'windows updates' under the optional section. To find out if you have this already, goto add/remove programs and look for Microsoft . NET framework 2.0 or above. Don't worry, this program doesn't do anything badly, it just speeds up certain .NET programs and in this case, makes it work.

Taken from Microsoft Corporation -
The .NET Framework version 2.0 improves scalability and performance of applications with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services.

22.4mb Download avaliable here -

Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

v1.05 BETA -

Includes -

Links to 8 programs used for daoc. Their links will need to be set up at any time before use via the file-choose paths menu. Once set up, they will continue to work when the program is restarted.

Information on each class once the window is expanded.

Direct links to each classes character skill builder.

Direct links to each classes realm ability calculator.

Colour changing background for ease on the eyes.

Known issues -

Resizing of the box shouldn't be allowed but currently is for developmental purposes.

Information listings for ALB/HIB and MID under the class selection, whilst they display properly,
clicking on them will currently do nothing.

Basic interface. This will hopefully be improved for the next release.

Links in related websites tab are not there. I've disabled them for the time being. Any help in listing websites would be bloody marvelous to make sure the next version is released as soon as possible.

If anyone knows how to bypass the need for .NET framework, please let me know of a legal way.

Things to add for next release -

2 more buttons, user customisable
Possibly the ability for the user to change the current icons label.
Related Websites

organiser_v1.05_BETA.zip - FileFront.com

Any comments, questions or suggestions for improvement, please contact me at kirennia@hotmail.com on MSN.

Please let me know of any problems, even if they're a case of spelling mistakes but especially if you find a way to bug the program. :D

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Firstly thanks for making this program :). Is it posible when you post new version to post whats changed? easy to look for then :)
Only "bug" i had so far was when i set patch to a shortcut(say i have a link to my sc program on desktop) it gives some dos msg and dosnt open it, worked when i linked directly, dunno if its a bug. Else week up the good work.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Firstly thanks for making this program :). Is it posible when you post new version to post whats changed? easy to look for then :)
Only "bug" i had so far was when i set patch to a shortcut(say i have a link to my sc program on desktop) it gives some dos msg and dosnt open it, worked when i linked directly, dunno if its a bug. Else week up the good work.

Will post what's changed from now on. The first time I posted it, I didn't post what was actually there really and the second one didn't work so I guess this is sort of a first release hence no improvement notes :)

Is it this error message by the way?

"Invalid executable selected; File - Change Paths will allow you to select a path"

If so, that's a temporary one I meant to change before pushing this out. Oops :D Cheers for pointing it out, changed now.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it this error message by the way?

"Invalid executable selected; File - Change Paths will allow you to select a path"

If so, that's a temporary one I meant to change before pushing this out. Oops :D Cheers for pointing it out, changed now.

No i got some command box (like when you type cmd in "run")

edit: just uploaded pic:

errorvc8.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
what have you got greyed out? :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Is a very strange bug :eek: Must be down to some way how the organiser tries to open a shortcut. Would suggest to others, use it to directly link to the .exes then. Can always delete your shortcuts if/when you're comfortable with the organiser anyway. It's a standalone product which doesn't install any system files of any kind so shouldn't have any problems once it's set up for use.

Note:Interesting to see you chose the white background ;) I can't stand it myself but was asked to add in some varience in the colour schemes :D

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
what have you got greyed out? :p
a pw :)
Note:Interesting to see you chose the white background ;) I can't stand it myself but was asked to add in some varience in the colour schemes :D

i cant stand all the others, and to be honest i think the colors a horible :p i know its early and skins should never be first line priority

kirennia

Part of the furniture
i cant stand all the others, and to be honest i think the colors a horible :p i know its early and skins should never be first line priority

Need suggestions for ideas in that department :) Not doing HCI (Human computer interaction) module until next year :D

edit: added new fix : Heretic information bar runs off the side of the page. Fixed already, need to know all the rest but I'll check some of them in the morning. If people could list which ones are okay and which ones are screwed, It'd be great.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Need suggestions for ideas in that department :) Not doing HCI (Human computer interaction) module until next year :D

edit: added new fix : Heretic information bar runs off the side of the page. Fixed already, need to know all the rest but I'll check some of them in the morning. If people could list which ones are okay and which ones are screwed, It'd be great.

Why not get a Photoshop wiz to help you create a background image for the program?

Could be kind of sweet to have an image instead of those regular v-basics backgrounds :)

Downloading btw :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
You use Turbo Delphi for .NET?
Or any other free products from Borland?

If that is the case: Your .NET based software can't be used to develop Win32 applications, you would need a different product. If you use Borland Delphi, or Borland Developer Studio you can create an application using VCL libraries for win32 platform. In that case you won't need .NET framework for it, but your .exe would become bigger, and you would have to redo a lot of stuff.

About opening links: When you execute a file with a system call the OS in most cases doesn't check for the extension, it assumes the file is executable (you as a programmer know what you are doing). If it starts with MZ it is treated as an exe file (the OS can checks its header) otherwise it is a com file, which is limited to about 64K (a bit less, but the explanation would be a bit technical)

While your choice of supported software can be agreeable, I would like to comment on it:

Ventrillo is a comercial app, at least the server is one. The old versions have some reported issues and security holes, and the new version cannot be used on your own server in most cases. So choosing Teamspeak over Ventrillo can be quite natural for many even against preferences.

About fraps: I used fraps before and it can be a nice app, but I also like gamecam 1.4, since it has a few interesting features that can make it better than fraps.

With daoc: In addition to the current expansions, you can have their test version as well.

And if I remember well, you can check for where DAOC and the rest of stuff is when the program first starts and determine what is where, and what is installed after that. You can use some autodetect function, this way you can avoid the problems with people finding .lnk files.

If you are serious about making some software to make the life of daoc players easier, there are quite a few ways to help daoc players (new and old) that isn't done by existing free programs or by displaying some basic info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom