Camcorder

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hi Freddie's,

I am after a camcorder with a budget of £120. It's going to be used to record bands and then uploaded to YouTube. I think YouTube supports .avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4 so it would need to record in this format.

I realise the quality won't be amazing for this price range, however please could you list some suitable hardware or offer any advice.

Thanks!

Bahumat

Bahumat

FH is my second home
These bands will be in pubs etc so I figure with poor lighting and background noise it might affect what you suggest.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Advice tbh!

you may want to consider a low-ish spec DSLR for this stuff. most of them can record video and if it's not in the format you desire it's not hard to change it. I'm saying this (before DaGaffer tells me I'm not catering to your reqiirements ;-) ) because you can use a DSLR for other things as well, ie taking decent pictures, whereas afaik you can not do this with a true camcorder.

also, be aware that loud sound may screw up your recording device's inbuilt mic: example my go-pro gets really weird if loud low-frequencies occur near it. if the bands are playing in pubs where there is a "house" amp or loop you may want to plug a dedicated recorder in to that if you want quality sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom