Calling on the experience of other Sorcs.

A

alhanna

Yes I am one and have been one for what seems along time now and have come to a cross roads in my spec'ing.

So far I am level 47 and have speced 46 into mind and rest (I.e) mini's into Matter which currently is at 16.

The question I have I suppose is what now? do I still put my full spec points into Mind to get that last spell or not?

I guess another reason I ask is if I don't do I run the risk of losing out on any new spells that may come my way but unable to use?

I would hate to see a new level 50 or 48 spell only to find that my points went elsewhere, im sure you understand. So please through your thoughts my way.

Alhanna

Level 47 Sorc Reign of Chaos

S

SoulFly Amarok

49 mind rest body ;o
so 49/2x body

= best. matter is.. ;I

X

Xeanor

44 mind
31 body

best spec there is

if you're mezzed you're usually dead anyway

and ae root is great to spam to interrupt enemy casters (especially hibs if they heap up to pbae)

RR10 Sorc on Merlin uses this spec too if you have any doubts about how good it is

at least

ae root/lv28 body nuke/little fire debuff > power5/mezzreduct+15%/groupreduct+5%

T

thegreatest

Xeanor/Soulfly, as you can see he has already specced 46 in mind and rest in matter. Both specs that you 2 mentioned are not possible anymore unless he has a fortune to give out to a respec stone. IMO I agree that you made a wrong decision going matter, I would say go 40 body 36 mind but if you want high mind the spec xeanor mentioned is ok too :)

[/edit

you get a respec stone with the 1.62 patch that I forgot about :p. Well you still cant respec both mind and matter to go either 36 mind 40 body or 44 mind 31 body. So you can now switch to lower mind and higher matter (I wont do that if I was u, you will still have crap dot) or you can switch matter into body. I cant say what benefit you would have from switching matter into body, as the lower body spec spells are not so great at lvl 50. Of course you can spec body to get lesser variance in your baseline lifetap damage, so the choice is yours...

O

old.linnet

I think that if you have 46 mind now, you might as well go to 49 -- and put the rest into matter. (Nothing really worth putting extra points into matter for, so I'd get the top resist chant)

Thing is, even though it isn't as common a spec as some of the others, you'll be a great mezzer, and have some dots and snares to throw around. You might find that you really like it ... but if you don't, as has been said, there will be a respec in 1.62 for you to try something different.

L

leviathane

i reckon you might aswell stay 46mind 28 matter, as theres nufin you can do with the respec in next patch..althought matter is a good spec line when specced high enuf, however not quite as gd as body. ae root/ mezz > 46mind

A

alhanna

Thank you all for your comments, its helping me. I spent my 47 spec points into Matter so to aim for 49 mind which still can happen. I was looking at the DD with Snare but must say its not that good. I think my main reason at first to move away from Body as a 2nd line of spec was most of the spells are debuffs to Fire/Cold and so on.....Was thinking whats the point? they last 15 seconds and most of the time a Fight is over before then anyway. Do people go for Body really for the DD?

Alhanna

O

old.linnet

They mostly go for body for the AE root (you get the first one at 30 body), the fast nukes, and the lower variance on the baseline lifetaps. The wizard debuffs are just a nice added extra.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by thegreatest
Xeanor/Soulfly, as you can see he has already specced 46 in mind and rest in matter.

No shit sherlock.

L

leviathane

Originally posted by alhanna
Do people go for Body really for the DD?
your life tap spells steal you more hp, the more your specced in body.

Y

Yussef

<Shrug>

You'll have a single line respec and Caer Sidi will drop single line respec stones, which will be fairly easy to obtain, so you can plan ahead with this information.

Users who are viewing this thread