calling all work peeplets

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I know some of you working peeps are quite experienced. Can you help me clear up something I have never been able to understand plox?

Why does my coordinator (ie the person who accepts work allocations for me and others like me to for projects) always ask me to tell him what projects I am working on? He is the one who allocates me...so surely he should know this?

I have some thoughts as to the answer:
- he's been dropped on his head too often as a child
- he wants me to mess up my numbers so he can pile more projects on
- he's work shy and want me to do his job as well as mine

Please help clear away my blanket of confusion!!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
We have a **** like that at work, my argument is he's a ****.

TdC

at my work we all look at our coffees in a dodgy way :-/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why shouldn't he ?

Looking after your own review is par for the course nowadays. Prepare.

TdC

Its just a sign that he wants you.
everybody wants me. it's bloody annoying :(

Why shouldn't he ?

Looking after your own review is par for the course nowadays. Prepare.
oh this isn't for a review or anything. thing is, this is the guy who gives me the information in the first place. personally I think it's cos he wants me to mess up so he can get another project in.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hey Teeds,

Leaving out your emotional response, based on the raw info you've given us it doesn't sound like anything is wrong. From another point of view he could just be verifying you haven't been assigned other work or have been hauled off onto something else.

How much of this is about you not liking someone checking up on you and how much is his stuff? ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
don't know Roo, it sounds like this guys is not keeping records of what he has allocated to whom, or checking what is complete and what is not. Which seems to be what his job is.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
don't know Roo, it sounds like this guys is not keeping records of what he has allocated to whom, or checking what is complete and what is not. Which seems to be what his job is.

Aye, that would be the first guess. I just wanted to check that it wasn't just a personal issue. I've worked in places where the structure is loose enough that work can be flung at you from other people (sometimes many other people). Also I wondered about progress-checking on projects.

I've had my fair share of inept managers/supervisors in the past so I know what its like but I didn't want to make the assumption.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Is this a 'what are you doing?' rather than a 'Have you finished x,y and z?' sort of thing?

Are your task priorities matching up with what he is expecting you to be prioritising or is everything all very relaxed at your place?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i'm leaning towards the "What are you working on currently, is x, y, z finished?" kind of thing, him just keeping tabs on projects etc.

My boss used to assign all work also in QA, but still asked around(7-8 of us) on what we were working, just to see what the progress was.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I never remember what I've given out - I hand it out so that I can forget about it in the first place! :D

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I ask not because I do not know what my peons are doing but to double check that they are working on items that I want them to work on :p

Trem

I ask not because I do not know what my peons are doing but to double check that they are working on items that I want them to work on :p

Aye because Teeds is a coffee-drinking-only-pooh-in-work-time skiver :eek:

I would be asking him all the time as well, in fact sack him.

SACK ANDEH!!!!!

:eek:

TdC

bet your ass I poop in work time :eek:

other than the components I own, I only have what the coordinator gives me. that is (presumably) why he's a coordinator. you're right on one count: I do not tell him when I am done with things, based on the idea that I tend to be done with things when the allocation expires. Otherwise I get new allocations, which the coordinator also knows about.

Trem

bet your ass I poop in work time :eek:

other than the components I own, I only have what the coordinator gives me. that is (presumably) why he's a coordinator. you're right on one count: I do not tell him when I am done with things, based on the idea that I tend to be done with things when the allocation expires. Otherwise I get new allocations, which the coordinator also knows about.

SACKZ0R!!!

:eek:

TdC

sometimes I also play solitaire while pooping :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wank, puke AND shit at the same time. Maybe a burp too.

Trem

A couple of lads at work touch cloth until they start, they hold their turd in until its a PP (paid pooh).

TdC

this is what you write for your 1000'th post? for shame! at least you could have worked a poo reference in!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Oh crap, I forgot, I've been saving that up too :(

I'll have to zoom my way to 2k now and post something inspired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom