Calling all wizards!

O

old.SadonTheGrey

With the new respec coming in a patch soon, I am undecided as to what I should do for RvR. Earth, for starters is out of the question for me, I wan't to kill stuff, earth seems to have every spell there is that is never gonna kill stuff :p

I am currently an ice wizard, lvl 47, and I'm not sure if I should stay ice...or respec fire. Now, lots of fire wizards are going to respec ice, probably because they think the grass is greener on the other side. Anyway, I can't really pass judgement as even at level 47 I can't say which is best, but then again from my experience, the lack of a bolt to compete with other casters during standoffs is really bad for ice, but then again the DD's are just awesome since they cast so fast. PBAoE is another advantage... but its use is really only limited to when you have 2/3 + ice wizards defending a keep. Anyway, I want to know what is actually THE best out of ice or fire for RvR, i.e. which one will kill most people :p

Thankyou for your time

O

old.mattshanes

Beyond 1.52 i would say 50 ice 20 earth.

T

the_smurflord

I'm going to go 48 ice (to get the top PBAE) and 24 earth. That should get me a low end GTAE for some caster interuption in the lord room, and an ok AE root.

R

Rumble

Earth, for starters is out of the question for me, I wan't to kill stuff, earth seems to have every spell there is that is never gonna kill stuff

Earth works perfectly for me, its all down to how you play your class. Currently waiting in earnest for my DoT, AE Root, GTAoE to further bump up my damage :)

Look at Walker and witness Fire DD in all its glory or look at Meepthor and see PBAoE in full effect. It depends on what you want to do, Bolt things? forget it, bolts are still bugged. Do huge nasty DD damage? then pick Fire. Lord room RP farming? then pick Ice.

Personally I envy Fire and Ice but with the hopefull addition of many more Earth wizzys i forsee overlapping AE Snares, AE Roots and GTAoE's causing untold hassle. Things are looking brighter for me.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Are you counting in resist for the uber fire DD's? People in Sanctum Arcanum keep ranting about it... but then again watching other fire wizards killing stuff they don't look so gimped to me :). So far im thinking 50 fire/18 earth/7 ice... dunno tho :p

Thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread