Calling all stealthers!

A

adari

I'd like to know your opinion about dying after killing one or two enemies, if you kill on eor two at all, by the warder zerg.

Is it only me or is any1 else getting sick of this fg infil nonesense on every mg and tk as well?

D

Divinia

im no stealther.. but i dont liek 40 scouts and after their arrows 600 PA's when i try to fight with a mg in los :(

S

silverblast

Originally posted by Divinia
im no stealther.. but i dont liek 40 scouts and after their arrows 600 PA's when i try to fight with a mg in los :(
same -.- ..

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by adari
I'd like to know your opinion about dying after killing one or two enemies, if you kill on eor two at all, by the warder zerg.

Is it only me or is any1 else getting sick of this fg infil nonesense on every mg and tk as well?

im getting sick of sbs and hunters zerging my ass 90% of the time if that counts.

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by marczje
Awww garilyn :fluffle:

pm Tiri and say he`s a retard when laughing at me after he attacks me with his mates ;d

K

Kallio

I hope toa will fix the whole stealth warfare ;)

R

rose

You might aswell delete all stealth classes once ToA comes. Mythic have done it again, instead of nerfing 1 specific realm class, they f00ked all stealth classes.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by rose
You might aswell delete all stealth classes once ToA comes. Mythic have done it again, instead of nerfing 1 specific realm class, they f00ked all stealth classes.

I dont feel sorry at all, they never intended there to be such stealth warfare as it is nowdays. It had a point in times of release when stealthers were hard to exp and there was very few of them... nowdays :rolleyes:

All infils may burn in hell! (exept certain ones)

I just feel sorry for luwis and littul kobbies :(

T

tuathra

Originally posted by rose

i really hope you are right, that would be wonderfull...

C

censi

I dont feel sorry at all, they never intended there to be such stealth warfare as it is nowdays. It had a point in times of release when stealthers were hard to exp and there was very few of them... nowdays

thats all well and dandy if the stealthers can perform like other classes in grps. But they cant.

Mythic still sees the ability to scout ahead as a massive advatantage to an RVR grp.

I play a stealther simply becuase I get much more enjoyment hunting on my own terms than running around in a grp. especially when the grps have to be fixed format to be competitive.

V

VodkaFairy

When I get killed when I'm outnumbered of course I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it, except play nice myself and hope others will do the same.

But yes, when I see 5+ infils or whatever at my body, I'm a bit pissed off. Those fucking ridiculess saracen faces, with their uber DF weapons still out, looking tough and after that spamming stupid emotes.

Then I really want to zerg those bitches back ten times as hard, every time they stick their face out of apk. But that fades after 10 secs and I go back on my own, or log an alt, or just log off.

R

rose

I really dont think Mythic have thought this ToA anti-stealth patch through, I mean they are not going to just lose a single stealther, they are going to lose all the BB accounts that go with the stealther account :)

Twice the number of subs lost o dear.

A

Auriel

Alb stealth groups have minstrels (and the massive bag of tricks they pack), so they can get anywhere they want quickly and then vanish into the shadows and wait.

For Hib / Mid to have anything similar, Rangers and Hunters would need their spell lines changing a LOT to build in group speed chants and whatever else. I used to run with 48 Pathfinding when I was exping, but in RvR it's near useless so I cut back to 10.

There isn't really an answer to Alb stealth groups, since regular 'ideal' Hib groups don't tend to have stealth detection abilities, and Hib stealth groups don't have support abilities like the minstrel provides. The only thing I can suggest is to wait around for a regular group to draw them out and pick some off in the chaos, slip by, or whatever.

V

VodkaFairy

It would be nice of Mythic would made it so the names they chose actually fit. A ranger should know terrain very well so needs the option to lead lead groups and have a speed chant. I can't possibly understand why a bard, enchanter, or warden should be able to move faster than a ranger? :|

If rangers could get something like actual 'pathfinding' with a group speed chant, the ability to know where enemies have walked (leave a faint trace) so they're actually viable in groups.

Nightshades should be changed compeltely because they're too similar to tanks atm. Instead of regular melee attacks they should only have critical strike (the only melee line that should offer stun moves (bs/pa), next to shields, imo) and poisoning strikes or whatever. It would give them utility and make them unique. If they would fit into a regular group, I don't know, but it would fit much better in the entire "rogue" theme. And stealth timer should be changed imo, something like being able to hide after 3 seconds (being able to perform critical strikes then) but before they are totally invisible 10-20 secs have passed. And there should be no timer on applying poison, the only requirement should be that they are not moving, nor being attacked.

Determination would be changed, not to endure spells as much, but to resist the fear people get when they are struck from out of nowhere by an assassin. That would ensure tank > assassin, but assassin > mage/support. I'm just dreaming I guess :p

Just my opinion :p

S

Sichama

It's hard to say really, if i die from a fg stealthers or not i don't really feel anything bad, it's how the game works really.

The minstrel/infiltrator duo is a bit anoying i must admit, it generally isn't very easy to pull out a succesfull PA amongst stealthers and if you do it to a duo member, it can give you enough advantage to kill him, before you die, which is very rewarding, but this duo even with purge up you just can't beat, minstrel mezzes/stuns Inf gets a free PA and even if you purge Minstrel effects you then have to deal with DF from the Inf.

Other times i do my best to invoke a duel, only to be ganged from almost everyone near, sometimes i even wonder why, as often the other party has all the advantages, having a group nearby or beeing at their pk or just because i reveal myself in hope that an enemy will try and PA, and still 90% of the times i get attacked by as many as possible.

But in the end someone realizes that they really have no reason to accept a duel or play solo or be fair or anything, this is not a question of why they don't do it, it is a question of why should they? What benefit will someone have beeing fair besides personal justification, none, so in the end players can't be blamed just because they don't like to play the game the way you do or because they don't want to risk a defeat.

And i was thinking almost the same as VF the other day, there should only be two fighting styles in game that would stun an opponent, the shield stun as it is working today and one in CS which would only be a follow up from PA much as CD is, just a longer stun, and no other.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Those fucking ridiculess saracen faces, with their uber DF weapons still out, looking tough and after that spamming stupid emotes.

:D i like /bow most after getting zerged...

C

censi

yep i agree with you there 100% vodka. Ranger scouts and hunters should be the group speed5 class.

F

Faeldawn

I still cant understand why albion gets 3 stealther classes and the other realms only 2, especially considering how bloody powerful mincers are.

Kallio has hit the nail on the head imo, a stealther was damned hard to lvl in the past, now you can have a lvl 50 shade in a few days. The problem isnt with the stealth class, but the powerlevel facilities all 3 realms have at the moment.

Remove pl from the game and they would have made a stealth zerg a rare occurance, unfortunately its too late now as every man and his dog has a lvl 50 assassin.

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by adari

yes, you know we all love teh warderpower;o

S

squalion

what pisses me off is that when they jump u solo and spam df and then loose, and proceed to come back with 1fg

E

Event

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
It would be nice of Mythic would made it so the names they chose actually fit. A ranger should know terrain very well so needs the option to lead lead groups and have a speed chant. I can't possibly understand why a bard, enchanter, or warden should be able to move faster than a ranger?

Exactly m8 - that is something that has bugged me since i installed this game. Why rangers dont have warden speed at least is a mystery - it just isnt in keeping with the class at all.

Users who are viewing this thread