Calling all paladins ..can I pelase have ......

J

Jilly

some opinions on a good spec for a pala plz.

I have a pala who is now lvl 20 sword and sheild. Im doing ok but i want my final spec to be right so any advice would be appreciated thanx guys :)

A

Addlcove

48chants (last AF as I recall)
42shield (slam)
29slash (amethyst)
30parry

will make you a blocking/parry monster

when soloing use twisting, my favorit method (soloing oranges no downtime at all) is to put it like this

7: AFchant
8: dmgchant
9: endchant
0: healchant

you don´t get that much end to style with, but it does give you enough to do amethyst every 2nd hit or so.

that twisting method (doing 7-8-9-0 and repeat when animation for healchant fades) is godlike in a group, because although you don´t have that much end, the rest of the group does (and you don´t loose mana because you swith on HPchant so fast after endchant)

T

Turamber

Similar to the previous poster, 'cept I have 49 chants for the last resist buff. Can't say I use it very much but Turamber is a medieval boy scout and believes in being prepared :)

A

Asori

Main specs ppl go for are:

48 chants
42 shield
39 slash
15 parry

48 chants
42 shield
29 slash
30 parry

46 chants
42 shield
44 slash
3ish parry

30-36 chants
42 shield
50 slash
varying parry

I chose none of the above and wouldn't change my spec for the world :)

The Shield Parry thread on this forum, forgets to mention that shield gets penalties against dual wielders, a higher parry spec aids your defence in this respect.

Personally I recommend 48 chants, 42 shield, then your preference of slash/parry, as stated above, I think high parry is fantastic. Each to their own though :)

Good luck Jilly

B

bult

best paladin all servers of the world has spec 46 chants 42 shield 41 slash rest parry :) he pwns anyone

D

Danya

Originally posted by Asori
The Shield Parry thread on this forum, forgets to mention that shield gets penalties against dual wielders, a higher parry spec aids your defence in this respect.

Personally I recommend 48 chants, 42 shield, then your preference of slash/parry, as stated above, I think high parry is fantastic. Each to their own though :)

Good luck Jilly

Parry gets a penalty versus 2-handers though, so it evens out somewhat.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Turamber
Similar to the previous poster, 'cept I have 49 chants for the last resist buff. Can't say I use it very much but Turamber is a medieval boy scout and believes in being prepared :)

hail 20%matter chant!
Isn't worth it.

Btw. who are you going to tickle with 29 slash? :hat:

J

Jilly

so 29 is not enough ?

Oooo this tanking is complicated :)

E

eben

29 slash might be ok for a 50 pet minstrel or a tank in BG3, but unless you're happy being a blockbot for a caster you want much higher slash.

I like Armado's spec:

46 chants
42 shield
39 slash
20 parry

Seems pretty solid.

R

Roalith

39 Slash
42 Shield
24 Parry
44 Polearm

Paladins are wusses :p

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Roalith

/duelinvite Roalith

:eek:

29 slash does give a very poor damage output, but you have to consider the class you are playing. Paladin's aren't really player killers - we are much better at keeping people alive. Hell with our heal chant we do more healing than clerics and friars combined :p

I consider that my job is to stick to the damage dealers and block/guard/slam the enemy who come near whilst spinning my chants for the benefit of people with more than 29 slash...

J

jonstone

^^ what turamber said, Pallys are amazing grp players.

A

Arthwyr

Hmm

46 chant
44 slash
42 shield
3 parry

easy to get +11 on all not to mention the extra from your RR
Pala damage outpit sucks as it is no need to gimp it even further by going 29 slash. The true bennefit of the extra chants above 46 is not worht mentioning compared to the extra damage you get from the 44 slash + reposte befudler is a nice combo. get a nice scrafted shield with +4slash +4parry +4shield , same for the sword and your already well on your way to be both a pve king and a usefull PvP groupmember.

O

oldnick

Originally posted by armado
46 chants
42 shield
39 slash
20 parry

I specced like this and its good.

Slam rocks , dunno why i didnt get it 1st time round.

i never(rarely) use shield buff anyway so 46 chants is fine.

Lets face it Im normally dead 3 secs into rvr fight anyway

Nick

A

Asori

Originally posted by Roalith

Heh!

Roalith has challenged you to a duel! Type duel accept to being fighting or duel decline to cancel the invitation!

/duel accept

F6
Run Heal
/say afk!

You just killed Roalith.

^^

R

Roalith

Originally posted by Asori

Heh!

Roalith has challenged you to a duel! Type duel accept to being fighting or duel decline to cancel the invitation!

/duel accept

F6
Run Heal
/say afk!

You just killed Roalith.

^^

You forgot /stick

O

old.Kladen

48 chants
42 shield
39 slash
15 parry

is the best one i think.

29 slash is too low and it will take 5 minutes to kill a yellow. 15 parry +42 sheild is good enough defence, 15+14= 29 parry + master of parry II +blocking II.

cant really get realm abilities that boost your general damage output (not counting master of pain)

T

Turamber

On a slightly related topic ... in the Barrows this evening a level 39 paladin was auto-training his chants. They were level 9! He couldn't use heal chant and when people died xp'ing could do nothing but /cry.

A very interesting spec :p

G

gwyneth-love

be crush or thrust till 40 then single line respec it and go slash .. you have some autotrained points ... i did that and have this spec;

48chant
42shield
39slash
18parry

yeah 48 chant is that good !

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by gwyneth-love
be crush or thrust till 40 then single line respec it and go slash .. you have some autotrained points ... i did that and have this spec;

48chant
42shield
39slash
18parry

yeah 48 chant is that good !

as far as I understood it, you can´t do that because what ever points you would have autotrained gets deducted from the amount of points you get back when respeccing....

D

Danya

You can because crush and thrust are not autotrained and you have a single-line respec at 40. So you do /respec crush which gives back all points from crush (resetting it to 1), and then you still have your 10 auto-trained slash points, so you add on them and get 55 points free. ;)

S

Sigurd

Don't spec low weapon, 39 is the lowest you should go for, you're a tank after all :p

A

andyr00barb

What resist chants (if any) do paladins find themesleves using when RvR?

T

Turamber

Originally posted by andyr00barb
What resist chants (if any) do paladins find themesleves using when RvR?

Body generally; energy also ... the tri-resist chants are crap though sadly. We could do with some better resist chants although, personally, I liked the suggestion of the Paladin TL that high chant spec pallys have a better rez.

W

Wermin

Well erm...this is a good spec:

50 shield
39 slash
38 chants
18 parry

trust me :)

S

saijan_WarLord

i am :
45 chants
44 Slash
42 Shield
9 Parry

it works alright, can solo Succu's in DF without having crafted/sc'ed armor but if i could respec id go:
46chants
29slash
42shield
30parry

Users who are viewing this thread