Calling all old timers

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Wonder why albs don't do it then? As usually if i remember right, it's not that fun siegeing for 4 hours, earning shit rp's die'ing a thousand times and o wait still failing. Yeh thats fun, but why don't albs givve that a try eh?

I frequently lead BGs that do just that - but it seems people are so blinkered they don't even notice them.

If it isn't fun don't do that was precisely what I said?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
now most of the leet players are gone and the server is pretty much exclusivly newbs... the end game starts to fall apart.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
If you played hibernia you would see the real 'fun' in finding the frontier red and with relics missing after a night of effort put into sieging at primetime.

If you played Alb you'd see the real fun in finding yourself fighting on two fronts whenever Hib or Mid attacks, so you can't defend on both, and have to choose where to camp whilst the rest of your keeps are taken. Not to mention a dispirited population who don't see the point in trying anything when they are always fighting on two fronts whilst they try.

However, the game is about always being outnumbered, it's theoretically what stops one side dominating.

As it happens, I'm feeling a bit depressed. Got Elder title 3 days ago, now I'm facing my Glasto Hibs becoming German, and my cluster Albs/Mids getting lonely.

I think it's one of those situations, like many in the real world, where people feel powerless to change something that frustrates them, so feel they have to do something. Doesn't really matter if that something makes things much worse, just doing something makes people feel better in the short term.

Darzil

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'd rather shave my arse crack with broken glass while singing YMCA infront of woolworths.

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Fun in game during the hours you can play?

I know a relic is of slightly greater signficance bu for around 10 straight days we had a situation where we would retake Berks or Eras during an evening to have Mids retake between 10 and 2 pm a time that is just as unhospitable to those with daytime jobs as 6am is. At first I felt like you do 'what's the point it'll only get retaken let's just lave it'. But one day I realised that you can do nothign about what happens in game when you can't be on-line. Therefore, all you can do is make the absolute most of the time you are on-line in terms of fun. For me that is sieging and zerging and so even if it's all retaken 2 hours later it's worth it.

if MRE raids are not fun for you and the 100 odd HIbs that join you I agree they'd be a waste of time. If those 100 people have 4 hours of fun then I don't think it matters whether the relic gets retaken or not.

/Agree

Even after pretty late last night when albs and 'cm?' where zerging keeps ect Still kept fighitng and took scath back just becasue its fun and something to do, and did a pretty sweet job at defenidng it to before we logged ;)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Fun in game during the hours you can play?

I know a relic is of slightly greater signficance bu for around 10 straight days we had a situation where we would retake Berks or Eras during an evening to have Mids retake between 10 and 2 pm a time that is just as unhospitable to those with daytime jobs as 6am is. At first I felt like you do 'what's the point it'll only get retaken let's just lave it'. But one day I realised that you can do nothign about what happens in game when you can't be on-line. Therefore, all you can do is make the absolute most of the time you are on-line in terms of fun. For me that is sieging and zerging and so even if it's all retaken 2 hours later it's worth it.

if MRE raids are not fun for you and the 100 odd HIbs that join you I agree they'd be a waste of time. If those 100 people have 4 hours of fun then I don't think it matters whether the relic gets retaken or not.

Well i agree with you, it is very rewarding to lead a massive BG with people that appreciate what you are trying to do. The problem is the state of annoyance and sense of purpose the aftermath leaves you and those that attended your MRE. Its like having 100 people push a very heavy stone up a hill just to see it get pushed down again at 10 times the speed by a few people. You can keep on pushing the stone up but at some point more and more will leave and at the end its just not possible to get the stone back up.

And yes you are right, its all about having fun while doing it. Its just stressing to see all the hard work from more than 100 people destroyed by and odd few that apparently isn't appreciating what you are trying to do.

As i have said earlier i think its sad that the 3 realms are so different from eachother. Its sad to see the different polls showing that many albs condone late night raids or just dont give a rats ass about em.

Well all this have been said a thousand times by many different players and im afraid it wont change anytime soon.. Atleast not before its too late.

Edit: That being said, i dont agree in the way hibs are dealing with this atm. I still think we should focus all the anger and annoyance in another direction in form of doing weekly if not daily raids on Albion. I still believe that hib is the strongest of the three realms on this cluster, simply because that despite all the shit that has been thrown against hib, hib is still united and not divided as Albion is at the moment.

Thornbeard

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Because you can't win the game, all you can do is have fun trying.

I'm not interested in having relics/keeps, merely the process of attacking and defending them.

Darzil
perfectly put m8!

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I frequently lead BGs that do just that - but it seems people are so blinkered they don't even notice them.

If it isn't fun don't do that was precisely what I said?

People excuses for doing pve raids is like o yeh, it brings life back to the server when people do BG raids on a Relic keep. That was what you were hinting wasn't it, saying don't mids/hibs have fun anyways when they do a MRE otherwise they wouldn't do it. Am i right?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
People excuses for doing pve raids is like o yeh, it brings life back to the server when people do BG raids on a Relic keep. That was what you were hinting wasn't it, saying don't mids/hibs have fun anyways when they do a MRE otherwise they wouldn't do it. Am i right?

Erm no.

1. I don't do pve raids, I find them dull and boring and have a full-time job to hold down. I was not in Hibernia last night but found fun in Bled/Notts instead

2. My point was that it doesn't matter whether what you take is retaken if you had fun taking it. Wasn't any comment whatsoever on what generates action in the frontier.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
part of the fun of MRE's is that you have achieved something, having all your hard work voided at 4am the next day makes it pointless to bother...not fun. the relic situation is only part of the reason i left, the main part was all the moron albs camping every area of the frontier not letting anyone get any pvp. so fuck them, gone elsewhere for my entertainment, now that a few are whining about the server being empty is a bonus :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
pip said:
I'm pleading for all old hibs/mids to come back to game to restore order for the hibs that have been crucified over this weak by certain albs with a iq of a skinned turnip:) Please come and give Hibernia the sprit they need to continue:) :worthy:

Bout time u reroll me thinks

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
now most of the leet players are gone and the server is pretty much exclusivly newbs... the end game starts to fall apart.
:fluffle:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
I'm pleading for all old hibs/mids to come back to game to restore order for the hibs that have been crucified over this weak by certain albs with a iq of a skinned turnip:) Please come and give Hibernia the sprit they need to continue:) :worthy:

Sorry but no I won´t. If I would have any urge at all to play daoc again I would resub for a week and do daily raids just for fun but nothing in this game interest me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom