Calling all Heroes, help me :)

R

Ragnarok1978

This thread is mainly for people who have a Hero or have played one.

I am really interested in this class for my next char, wether it be on PvP, hib/excal or hib/pryd I don't know yet, but I am definately interested in the char.

I am SO much in doubt which way to go tho, I know many say the SpearO is a very evil one, but there's also the more defensive 1h + shield or ofcourse the LW. Not to mention you could go a middle road taking more skills to around 39.

But what type do people play, and what do you like and dislike about your char?

Thanks ahead for any feedback :)

E

err0r

1h hero's damage output isn't much to talk about, but mages will love the guard/slams... they're the ones killing ppl in 2-4 nukes or so...

Another choice is the CS/LW spec with 42 shield for slam and rest parry. Once again, it's up to your playing style to determine the "best" spec.

S

Spamb0t

i believe most heros spec 42 shield and then either LW or spear...

H

Hestetun

LW or CS

Thats a good question I have use LW before I specced to CS. I think CS is best tho, but LW got a 50 style that is uber:) Some my friends dident knew why have chose to use CS, but now I understand it those heavy dmg and if ur a good tank u can combine Slam and Eagle.

If that was to any help I am glad:)

G

Gorguss

I'd say "make a chimp" but since your so determined to go hero I'll let it pass. I'd say go for 1h and shield the first 20 lvls and then see if you wanna change to a two handed weapon. If you are so bold that you choose 2h you will be amazed of your dmg output and the healers will be amazed of the incredible amount of damage you soak in :p

R

Ragnarok1978

Thanks all.

OIne question tho, Gorguss: Make a chimp?

G

Gorguss

Chimp = Former Gimp

Former Gimp = Champion

Hail the power of the self-buff!!

MAWAH!

B

Bedroc the Hero

Its very much a question on how you play and what you like:

If you live for the moments when you totally own a char in RvR,PvP, when you duel and deal those massive amounts of damage, If you want to be able to solo oranges and are not that desperate for groups all the time, if your not to eager to be the main tank when you go against epic mobs, then a pure Spearo is the option for you.

If you love grouping and want to exp faster to 50, if you love defending your m8s in guild and team while they take the mob down, if you would love to save the nuker/bard in RvR combat so they can mess/nuke the invaders, if you like slamming mobs/players with your shield so they cant flee or attack, then a 1H-shield hero is better for you.

This might be very self-evident. but consider the alternatives and figure out what is best for you.

I choose the middle path. Doing a hybrid hero. and I can recomend it. You are well versed in both areas without any huge disadvantages.

This is how you make a hybrid hero:
* Keep your shield skill at your lvl until you are lvl 42. The shield is very important for you in PvE but also crucial in RvR. You use it to slam opponents and to protect key players in your grp.
* Select a fast 1h weapon ( blade or pierce ) and train it till you are at lvl 30-something ( depending on the style you want to acheive. )
* After that use the extra points in parry.
* At lvl 40 you use your single line respec to select blades and train that to lvl 6 ( gives you taunt ). Put the extra points in parry.

This gives you an uber Tank. every group will love you. exping will go smooth as you will get groups. You wont damage mobs very much but you can sure take a beating. the fast 1h weapon and the taunt move ensures you will keep aggro.

Do this until you have Shield at 42, Parry at 45, Blade at lvl 6. Now is the time to train your spear. Put every remaining point in celtic spear. This will land your spear skill att 44. ( second to last style. )

This will give you a very good spear skill that can take down mobs/players/invaders alike. Very easy to get to lvl 50 for minimum damage variance.

The full hybrid template will look like
Celtic spear 44
Shield 42
Parry 45
Blade 6

You can have MUCH fun with this kind of hero.

Well, there is 3 options for you. Full offensive, full defensive and a very able hybrid. I would never respec my hero from this spec.

If you want to learn still more about heroes, take a look at my big Hero guide

Users who are viewing this thread