Calling all Guards

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Was in emain a couple of nights ago and i want to know what im doing wrong.

Im a 50 briton paladin, buffed 303 dex, using the stonelords sheild. Got 50+14 sheild, 29+14 slash and MoB 2. I put guard and intercept on XXX. yet im standing next to them and i only ever block like 2 times mabey 3 times a fight. What am i doing wrong?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
could be a number of things such as penalties against dual wield, bad luck, too many attackers

do some more tests first before you start worrying

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
using the stonelords sheild.
This is your problem. You're using a 90% qual shield with a 25% bonus. Get a Spellcrafted 99%/MP Crafted Shield enchanted with a 35% bonus and you'll see your block rate increase. A lot...

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have a MP small sheild - might harass guild crafter to make me a MP big sheild (the new ones :p). Cheers Alithiel. I will get back to you with the results :p

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
Am I right if I say this:

Small shield - block one enemy
Medium shield - block two enemies
Large shield - block three enemies

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Size of the shield does not appear to affect guard.

According to all testing it only affects the number of people attacking *you* that can be blocked per combat round.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
Size of the shield does not appear to affect guard.

According to all testing it only affects the number of people attacking *you* that can be blocked per combat round.

As a Scout I've been saying that for ages, but nobody belives you :(

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
I have a MP large sheild if you wanna make me an offer :) as guildie i am sure we can sort something out.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
turn, so you are facing the attackers, seems to help when I tried playing hero/paladin. might be wrong though

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
To guard someone you need to;
1) be fairly close to the one you are guarding (don't have to be right on top of them, just fairly close);
2) have the attackers in front of you.

You can move around the attackers (chain-slamming from behind, etc), just make sure they are in front of you when they attack the person(s) you are guarding.

(And get that better shield)

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
As a Scout I've been saying that for ages, but nobody belives you :(
As a paladin I've quad blocked 3 assisting savages in the same combat round using a small shield before.

But not very often ^^

And that old chestnut continues to knock around; let people believe what they want to until they employ 3 friendly Mids, a logstat program and a buffbot to test guard theory :) (Hibs might do but Ambu got a twoll fetish :D)

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
AND, almost all of off.tanks attacking your support are dual wielders, so halved chance to block. :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Thought i would keep you posted about this.

Got a spellcrafted MP small sheild (to do me till TOA), and boy does it have an effect.

Thanks very much for your replys guys

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
Thought i would keep you posted about this.

Got a spellcrafted MP small sheild (to do me till TOA), and boy does it have an effect.

Now try with an mp large shield ;)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
tests in us has confirmed that quality of shields doesnt really matter... its the bonus and lvl that does it....

i havent tested myself so cant say its true

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom