Calling All Crafters

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive put this post to try and get all crafters who are buying seals over 10g @ 11g+ to stop if all crafters stick to 10g that will be the price. If we dont seals will be sold @ 11g+ the price is now starting rise above 11g

It takes ages to salvage and hinge the seals which u end up making 14'6g back per seal

acei

Fledgling Freddie
It's always been my policy to refuse 11g, it's not worth my time to hinge at such low profit. Some people really are getting ridiculous by charging 11-13g per seal. The ones selling don't seem to reliase the time it takes to hinge.

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe, i wont pay over 10g, but then i dont really hinge anymore anyway, however i saw once in sauvage someone offering 13g a seal. In fact i myself was able to sell 8 seals at 15g each on my cm... dont even need to trinket! :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Free market again. If the trinketter believes it is worthwhile for him to pay 11g and make a profit of 10g per minute that's his choice.
If you can't live with paying over 10g per seal (and thus making 12g per minute profit) then that's your decision.

You just have to balance it against how fast you could be farming the seals yourself.
e.g. if you were able to sell the seals at 11g each, 55 seals/hour would give you more profit.

The people who cannot farm 55+ seals/hour should decide it's better to buy. Those who can farm more would decide it's better to sell.

It's purely down to greed/laziness if you don't want pay/farm yourself.

(I don't buy, or sell ;))

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The rising cost of seals is helping the macro crafter, it does not however help those honest enough to do it themselves

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
12g per minute profit how do u work that out pin

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
The rising cost of seals is helping the macro crafter, it does not however help those honest enough to do it themselves

It isnt really helping the macro crafters, except maybe that there will be less crafters around, but also his gains are less now and he always has been able to outbid a non macro'er as his time is worth less (as he isnt actual playing).

But the increase in price could be, because there are more crafters around or because of more people using macro programs to craft(so the price for peoples time has dropped).
Anyway asking people to lower their bids(or increase their selling price of crafted stuff) wont help, just need a few people to ruin such a deal and there will always be people around who wont agree to the deal.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Technodave said:
12g per minute profit how do u work that out pin
measure the time it takes to salvage (dont know it anymore for mid weapons let alone albs) and then divide that by amount of ast bars you get. It takes 6 secs to craft a hinge (which holds 2 bars). And a bar gives you 2.2 gold, so then you can calc how much money you earn by hinging per hour.

Also you might want to add some time for selling the seals to weapon and selling the hinges back, but thats slightly harder to measure as it differs slightly from how high your strength is (so how many trip you can make) and how empty your backpack is (how often you have to run to merchant to sell your hinges, allthough you could hinge at a location where merchant is right next to you(atleast in midgard you can)). However I dont think this time is that important and probably something Pin didnt take into account (as it isn't something you can really measure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom