Call of Duty..

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by ECA
I'm an FPS god its only normal you should feel inadequate.

ECA's had some ribs taken out i see!

G

GDW

Well the warez monkies in here seem to think its pretty short , which isnt too good a sign. Think Ill sit tight till the legit feedback comes in.

P

PR.

The hardest of settings removes the medpacks so you have to make the whole map with just your 100% health

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by PR.
The hardest of settings removes the medpacks so you have to make the whole map with just your 100% health

Which is...tricky. You do need to play it on the harder settings though, its a piece of piss as 'regular'. Played through the American levels last night, it is really enjoyable. (I noticed that the levels in the demos have been tweaked slightly as well, enemy MG42s are tougher). Then I played a bit of multiplayer, which was interesting as I sucked compared to all the L337 wAreZ d00ds who've obviously been playing it for about a whole week now. I do think its going to appeal more CS'ers rather than BF'ers - its the pacing of it I think.

J

Jonny_Darko

Couldn't care less about Multiplayer with this one - don't get me wrong it has loooads of potential but it will be remembered for the SP IMO.

Y

Yaka

i agree, really enjoyed the sp mode, the yank car shase was top as was the brit paratoopers plane crashing

L

leggy

I am really only going to buy this for the multiplayer. Don't get me wrong the sp is obviously very good but with all other games I'll be bored of it very very soon.

This looks like one of the best mp games this year imo.

C

Chameleon

Just bought it at lunch time :D I'll give the sp mode a go, but sp games seem kind of holo and lacking substance since I first played a mp game.
Can we have a forum for Call of Duty please?

I

Insane

Originally posted by Chameleon
Just bought it at lunch time :D I'll give the sp mode a go, but sp games seem kind of holo and lacking substance since I first played a mp game.
Can we have a forum for Call of Duty please?

bastard :eek:

im now going to have to walk round to the nearby game and purchase a copy now :(

and i wanted to hold off until my mates had played it a bit!

*collects coat*

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
It's phenomenal - you guys usually won't lower yourselves to read anything I've written but: http://shop.game.net/lowdown.aspx?lid=3478

Nice review but i think this is a slip up...may be wrong my memory's a little fuzzy

Everyone remembers the first time they took part in that game's opening level. The D-Day landing - clearly inspired by the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan

As far as I know the D-Day landing level is quite a few missions into MOH. Apologies for being picky :D

Brass

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by BrassMonkey
Nice review but i think this is a slip up...may be wrong my memory's a little fuzzy

As far as I know the D-Day landing level is quite a few missions into MOH. Apologies for being picky :D

Brass

Lol. D-Day landing, inspired by a film.....

Rather than being inspired by the actual D-Day landing, I suppose.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Mr.Monkey
Lol. D-Day landing, inspired by a film.....

Rather than being inspired by the actual D-Day landing, I suppose.

Well, everyone credits the MOH D-Day level as taking its inspiration from the style of SPR, just without the blood. Picky.

In COD, you've got more film and TV references than you know what to do with - A lot of Band of Brothers and Enemy At The Gates (frame for frame at some points), but also more subtle ones where you can recognise the theme or visual cues - Stalingrad, The Longest Day, Cross of Iron, even a little Kelly's Heroes.

Finished it last night, and other than the fact I'd have liked it to be a wee bit longer, I thought it was the best single player FPS I've played in years, and even nicer, it wasn't a 'USA wins the war' game (again). The British and Russians get the credit they're due, and personally most of the best levels (IMO) are the Russian ones, along with the British Pegasus Bridge levels.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just bought it. Yummy.

Esp now I have a decent gaming machine to play it on!!

J

Jonaldo

I liked the addition of the 'aiming down the scope' but it still doesn't work as well as it did in Vietcong, the way you could lean over logs and things and pretty much need it for accurate shooting, whereas it's just a little bonus in this game.

Will see how the multiplayer works as I've only played the demos for this thus far, whether it will stand up to other games I'm not sure but I hope so. Just hope there is a mode where the cross-hair can be turned off in mulitplayer mode like Vietnam mode in Vietcong as that really makes the game, and requires more skill to hit people.

K

kameleon

The British accents get on my nerves though. The music score is excellent and really adds to the atmosphere.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by kameleon
The British accents get on my nerves though. The music score is excellent and really adds to the atmosphere.

Do you not like Jason Statham (Snatch, The One, etc) being in it then? I found it most amusing tbh.

I kept expecting Sgt. Waters to say, "Diamonds? What do I know about diamonds?" or "Who are you going to shoot Sgt. Martin...ze Germans?"

K

kameleon

The dialogue was as if he was constipated. The two glider pilots were so fake it was unfunny. "Brace yourselves for larnding". Apart from that little niggle the game rox.

End credits "No cows were hurt in the making of this game" :)

W

whipped

Bought it yesterday and I'm half way through on the hardest level.

I'd like to be able to play through the game in the perspective that the end credits are in. That would be great.

J

Jonaldo

Is there any co-op Multiplayer? and more specifically co-op for LAN for 2-3 people against bots etc?

Users who are viewing this thread