Cait sidhe see hidden fix

Tilda

Bahumat said:
you did ebay Tilda, there...i've said it!

i was blackmailed by Tilda that if i never bought an account and PL'd some chars with similar names he would send Old Jupitus round to knit me a jumper with 10 arm slots!

agghhhh how can i decide which one to use, even thinking about it hurts my brain!

sorry to get you in trouble Tilda, i do like you but im bound by Hoff to always tell the truth.

<posts the new improved 20-arm-hole jumper to Bahumat>

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
<posts the new improved 20-arm-hole jumper to Bahumat>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo *gasp* oooooooooooooooooo........

im still getting over the trauma of when you and Jupitus jumped out infront of me wearing these!

Bolivia-knitted-mask-a.jpg

Tilda

imgqsUDke

Jupitus

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I have np with the change, it just makes me laugh how, having had See Hidden since frontiers were introduced, when the ability suddently becomes fotm, it gets nerfed ^^
I'll just have to make sure not to tell anybody about the other mob in the frontiers with stun and SH :D
You loosing your EaE should be hotfixed as well ^^.

Btw that pet isn't *that* unknown.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
I have np with the change, it just makes me laugh how, having had See Hidden since frontiers were introduced, when the ability suddently becomes fotm, it gets nerfed ^^
I'll just have to make sure not to tell anybody about the other mob in the frontiers with stun and SH :D
So Cait Sidhe got See Hidden in NF? I'm pretty sure they didn't have it in OF as used to run with them alot in HW (on aggro, at mg, etc).

If I get stealthzerged enuff will be sure to pick one up b4 the nerf, specially on the albsies who seem to have a monopoly on them atm :).

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo *gasp* oooooooooooooooooo........

im still getting over the trauma of when you and Jupitus jumped out infront of me wearing these!

Lol irl. Jupitus has gone into gorilla mode? :eek6:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
Is the bainshee bridge thing a bug? can we be punished?

As far as I know Mythic is fixing many of the building that are now exploited by that cone-effect. I doubt GOA will ban people for it, but that doesn't stop people from being considered complete a-holes by the rest of the community if they use it.

(And don't complain about 'not knowing it'. Everyone in Hibernia knows it. It has been discussed in guilds and on alliance chat. If you deny that, you only make a fool of yourself. I'd bet good plat on it that the bainshees themselves talk about 'hitting them all through the wall' in their groupchats/teamspeak. Why else do those bainshees beeline for the bridge buildings. ;P)

But hey, some people only care about their own enjoyment.

Crocky

Banned
[GOA]Erivoss said:
no where near as simple as just changing one field and way beyond what we can do here.

heh how hard can it be. I myself i'm a software engineer. so here you get a free lesson from me.

You have probably played a caster already and i'm sure you've done some RvR aswell. All those small annoying hills in NF, it stops us from nuking the enemy, it's what we call Line Of Sight .

Now you have the bainshee class. Before the enemy takes damage , do a Check, treat the nuke of the bainshee as a single nuke to see if his enemy is in LOS. might aswell add a double check, bainshee is in LOS of enemy aswell. Enemy takes damage if both bools are true.

yw.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Crocky said:
heh how hard can it be. I myself i'm a software engineer. so here you get a free lesson from me.

You have probably played a caster already and i'm sure you've done some RvR aswell. All those small annoying hills in NF, it stops us from nuking the enemy, it's what we call Line Of Sight .

Now you have the bainshee class. Before the enemy takes damage , do a Check, treat the nuke of the bainshee as a single nuke to see if his enemy is in LOS. might aswell add a double check, bainshee is in LOS of enemy aswell. Enemy takes damage if both bools are true.

yw.

That's assuming we can actually see the code and change it, then recompile it and then deploy the new binaries on all the servers. WE can't do any of that - only Mythic can.

Changing how a monster in game reacts - that we can do. Hence why we can fix the see hidden "bug" ourselves but not the LoS bugs.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Crocky said:

yw.

You make it sound so simple when it isn't. :worthy:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Cocky said:

yw.

There corrected your name for you.

yw

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
why is this considered to be a bug? - surely its just part of the game? - and yes i use a stealth character (well a scout :) ) - but ive never been popped by one

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps because you are in the same realm as 2 of the 3 classes that can charm them, and the mobs are in your realm as well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:
Wonder if GoA wil hotfix that. :)

hopefully they will. now i'n NOT a fan of stealthers but that pet just ruins it totally.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Because ofc everything that might have a negative effect on your beloved charachter is a bug!!
Why don't you go on a posting crusade somewhere else, like you did for poison spike?
Patch Notes said:
Bug Fixes - Cait Sidhe will no longer see stealthed characters.

[GOA|Erivoss - yesterday said:
I'm told the fix just went live.
Tilda said:
And you lost - as usual. :)

Tilda

Azathrim said:

And you lost - as usual. :)

Just because mythic lables it as a bug, dosnt mean it is, as i've said before, but you seem to be blindly ignoring, cait sidhe's have had SH since they were put in the frontiers.
Just because something suddenly becomes popular, and has an impact larger than expectected dosnt mean its a bug.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
<sigh> For the short bus:

If people agree with something they call it a feature. If people disagree with something they call it a bug.

When Mythic calls something either a feature or a bug, it is that (until Mythic changes their mind).

In this case, Mythic called See Hidden on Cait Sidhe a bug and thus it is a bug.

Ofcourse, people can call it what they wish in their own little "lala" world, but Im sure people in the sane world are able to understand that Mythics design decisions are what governs the rules of this game (until Mythic changes their mind and puts new rules in place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom