Caer Sidi Raid:- Take 3

A

**Aligro**

sure you can come.. bring ur guild etc..

the link works fine for me

A

Adralend

You might wanna kill something b4 you whine about the lotto?

Just a thought ofc.

J

jox

Originally posted by Apathy
Take whichever char you want the items for. Simple as that, really. It would be nice if more support classes came on the raids, but altruism in this game is even more fruitless than altruism in real life.

"lotto based on characters attending the raid who can actually use the item" is only BAD for those people who want as much as they can for their particular set of chars. Taking an earth theurg and taking an inf drop away from an inf who can't contribute something like that to the raid is mean and lootwhore-ish.

A lotto system based on who remains standing and who can actually use the item for the char present means that the people in attendance will get a flat chance of a material reward for the effort they put in. Regardless of whether that effort involved going AFK with PBT on, healing like crazy, doing nothing but swap between heat and cold debuffs, relog pulling, thwacking away at mobs with a weapon.

Taking an earth theurg just so you can connive yourself an inf drop is lame and reminds me of chars who try and get into exp groups with their buffbots. :p

a.

lol, can I have whatever you are smoking?

O

old.Wildfire

well ill be bringing my 50 necro and 47 sorc

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by **Aligro**
Well said Apathy.

O.k heres how it goes.

to participate in the lottery you have to be present for the WHOLE of the Raid that means.. as soon as everyone is inside no one else can join in 1 hour later and participate in the lottery. you also have to be present at the end of the lottery,
--edit

Umm, I do have a question about this, during the second raid I think it was I was one of the unfortunate people stuck in the water that could not be ressed, now I ask you is that my fault that Mythic didnt patch a bug?

This was already a coupla hours into the raid.

Now, if you release or leave or whatever then fine, but if you are prevented from entering a lotto because some stoopid game bug stopped you from getting anything then thats hardly that persons fault, and fwiw I wasnt the only one.

This little bit does need clarification, this is where the guild allocation (Or group allocation) system works better, your grp knows you were there and the lotto is done based on that.

A

**Aligro**

And if you go LD 4 hours into the raid, or die in an un-rezzable place, etc ?

then they can still be in the lotto providing they are at the lotto place at the designated time.

O

old.Ramas

You might wanna kill something b4 you whine about the lotto?

Well after you've killed something is *exactly the wrong time* to make up the lotto rules. Obviously.

So I'd say this was a pretty damn good time to sort it out.

PS. No offence intended, but no-one gives a rats ass about how many 0x or 1x alts you have, and 16 page sigs just make these threads a pain for everyone.

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by old.Ramas
PS. No offence intended, but no-one gives a rats ass about how many 0x or 1x alts you have, and 16 page sigs just make these threads a pain for everyone.

Turn off sigs in options then, makes forum better =)

O

old.Ramas

so it does :)

ta exinferis,

hurrah for no more more endless sigs.

T

Tranquil-

I went LD and couldn't get back on at the end of raid so I don't know for sure, but did someone get 2 drops in lotto?

K

Khalen

Dunno I LDed when releasing and wasn't around to check what stats drops had (would love to know as some aren't on any websites). I didn't participate for any drops I just went along for fun in RB group. Was fun seeing a bit more bosses. Made some screenies too. But seeing how the raid went I can say (because i've lead some myself) that it's missing still a lot of things ;)
Think Boss Nr 3 and 7 are the toughest so far.

A

**Aligro**

from what i can see.. our main problems are

1. people leaving after the 5-6th bosses as they are the hardest
2. people not doing as they are told as down there, 1 wrong move by some one and ur all dead

P

pilia

As far as i see the problem was ppl not listening :)

But it was great fun anyway,except for the blob boss,took bloody ages to kill.

O

old.Outlaw

the blobb bored me silly
I literally fell asleep and woke my self up for the end

K

Khalen

The 7nd boss. The one with the Bloody mages...

B

Bleeker

that damn Blood Mage hit me for 789 dmg WITH his staff!!

bah nerf something :p

O

old.Wildfire

We killed silencer then people drifted off and gave up. Perhaps unsurprising as he took about 30-45 mins (at a guess) to kill.

In future perhaps attendance should be limited to guild groups (will help with deserters) who would have to be contacted well in advance of the raid so that the leader has a list of who he knows will be there.

A couple of notes that I picked up:

1) If any of the mobs disappear into a wall back off immedietly and pull them back out of it. For the spectral provisioner we need to split our force in half (taking this from VN boards) and pin him in so that he can't run away.

2) For the lich lord, JUST HIT THE FRICKEN SOLID ONE. Honestly, if people can manage to kill the wizard in the halls of the corrupt while being AE nuked by his four identical copies, surely people shouldn't have difficulty when the real mob here sticks out like a sore thumb.

3) Bring two weapons. Three if possible, for silencer. One slash, one crush, one thrust. Obviously casters are exempt from this, don't try and be clever. When you see him adapt to your attack, change weapon. (by YOUR attack I mean only when you see YOUR name shown in the chat window)

A

Apathy

I left after the first wipeout. People are NOT understanding the concept of relog pulling. People are NOT listening to the orders on how to kill each boss. People are allowing themselves to pull through lag (JUST STAND STILL!). People are running around doing their own thing.

Noone listens to anything and it's just pointless trying to get anything done.

It's a miracle anyone makes it into Caer Sidi in the first place.

a.

O

old.Wildfire

+ what apathy said

TBH there are far too many morons attending who aren't keeping themselves in check.

B

Bleeker

i agree 100% to the above ppl doesnt seem to have the patience to wait for 1-2 mins while puller relogs and pull. but have to go for themselves to look around that corner that the puller/raid leader said NOT TO GO LOOK AROUND.. and thus pull everything on that side...i know who they are and you know aswell....
its hard enough killing mobs 1 at the time, we dont need 5+ adds as well :/

listen to raid leader and we will all succed..

K

Karnage

i think it may be best to have 2 if not more pullers, that way it will reduce down time... and hopefully stop us pulling so many mobs 'cos people get bored :p

A

Apathy

Originally posted by starflame
i know who they are and you know aswell....

The point is that they DON'T know who they are, they're THAT FUCKING CLUELESS.

And as for having two pullers...yes, we can pull two mobs at once and have 25 people on each instead of pulling one and having 50 on it. That's not twice as fast, it's twice as slow! Sheeeesh.

It's impatient idiots who are ruining the Caer Sidi raids, as well as the ones who don't know what relog pulling is.

I can't believe Zoyster and Outlaw didn't know. :-o And from the looks of it, they still don't. :p

We simply do not have the numbers for a massive kill-everything-we-see-when-we-see-it zerg of CS. It will take tactics and time.

Oh dear God. Did this just turn into a fucking RvR lecture?

a.

O

old.Ramas

2) For the lich lord, JUST HIT THE FRICKEN SOLID ONE.

This one cracks me up every time in sidi.

It's always the solid one you have to hit.

The raid leader always explains that you have to target and attack only the solid one.

People are still asking several minutes into the pull...

"Which one should I hit?"

Worse still some ppl aren't even asking.

I've even found myself looking in the options to see if it's possible some people have got transucency turned off or something (it isn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom