Caer Sidi Raid Saturday

L

loxleyhood

I hate leading zergs. :p

Too much shouting needed ;)

D

doneagle

Originally posted by skile
No good in having Aligro(Mr.CearGreedy) if he claims drops.

by my knowledge he only claimed 1 and he's paying the price for it. As long as it doesn't drop he won't roll for another item. So that's 2 hunts already without any chance to get a drop in those lotto's. Imo he has paid the price for his claim and i don't have any problem with him doing it.

( i hope for him the sword drops soon :p )

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by doneagle
by my knowledge he only claimed 1 and he's paying the price for it. As long as it doesn't drop he won't roll for another item. So that's 2 hunts already without any chance to get a drop in those lotto's. Imo he has paid the price for his claim and i don't have any problem with him doing it.

he doesn't need to roll for any items anyway ;) he's got a bzillion already.

but it's his raid - his rules, if you don't like it - don't go!

As for the RR5 debate...

Using these shiny sparkly level 51 weapons in emain is a waste.
They should only be allowed for Relic Raids or realm defence ;)
That's the only place you could actually claim to be "serving the realm"..

maybe on keep takes to take DF... but no using it on the doors please...

(since the argument is that a RR5 person will get better use from it therefore "serve the realm" better - bollocks, they'll get more RP faster, that's all... same way as someone levelling up in PvE will get more xp faster, or someone taking part in large raids will kill more monsters and get more loot faster...)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Anyone notice how the only people who say this are RR5+? :p

I await an unbiased statement.

There is no person in the universe who plays DAoC and is not either:

a) Under RR5.
b) Above RR5.

Who the fsck do you want to come down and give you an unbiased opinion?
Since I am totally fair and reasonable at all times: RR5 is not an indication of skill or worth, and indeed does not take long at all to achieve if you're active in RvR.
There.

T

Tigerius

The RR5 requirement is unrealistic both in terms of how to check it, and how to justify it. However that someone non 50 would get one of these items is an utter joke really, they can't use the item without degrading it faster, what they use it for is really unessential but it's also quite easy to see it's either going to be vaulted until the person hits 50, or degrading faster by PvE. Show me one below-50 person with a SC kit that caps everything and I might consider him concerned enough with his equipment to use it, but most likely it's just a fancy toy for someone with far from ideal equipment anyway that they would get more benefit out of 2 normal SC parts.

Leave marginally better items for people who care about marginals.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Anyone notice how the only people who say this are RR5+? :p

I await an unbiased statement.

imo rr4 paladins are the obvious choice for all drops

S

skile

Originally posted by doneagle

Heh, and what if those items would have dropped the first times then? Seems to be an easy way earning a drop not entering lottos. So if I won't enter lotto for the next 2 raids I get Bane? Or? ;)

Y

Yuanyuan

im not saying RR5 below can't use the 16.5 dps items, but please NOTE, 16.5 dps weapon, 102 af armor are level 51 items, all rr5+ ppl are like level 51, this is said by GOA not me. U want to use a 16.5 weapon is ok, but what i want say it's a waste, like level 49 ppl wearing an epic armor,. I hope u can see my point.
It's not big dmg difference between 16.2 and 16.5 , so why don't u let the crafters craft u 16.2 weapon to use instead the 16.5 in ur hands? Everyone wants better , ye true, it's not a really bad thing or a shame for a rr5 below use sidi weapons, armors, but isn't that better for a higher RR ppl to use?

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Yuanyuan
im not saying RR5 below can't use the 16.5 dps items, but please NOTE, 16.5 dps weapon, 102 af armor are level 51 items, all rr5+ ppl are like level 51, this is said by GOA not me. U want to use a 16.5 weapon is ok, but what i want say it's a waste, like level 49 ppl wearing an epic armor,. I hope u can see my point.
It's not big dmg difference between 16.2 and 16.5 , so why don't u let the crafters craft u 16.2 weapon to use instead the 16.5 in ur hands? Everyone wants better , ye true, it's not a really bad thing or a shame for a rr5 below use sidi weapons, armors, but isn't that better for a higher RR ppl to use?

thats just plain greedy tbh.

doesnt matter if someone is rr2 or rr9 if they get a sidi drop there just as welcome to it as the next guy is. regardless if they get the full 16.5 dps from it or not.

S

skile

I think a lvl50 non rr5 also enjoy 16.2 dps and great UV? :p. Or 100 AF with great stats instead of normal epicarmor. Maybe if someone organised a raid for RR5+ only, but that can't be done. Atleast I doubt it.

Z

zlair

I'd live to see the day when rr5+ only peeps go to these raids...

.. would be some 20 ppl going, so I wish u all good luck !

U need those rr5- to help u, so saying that "uhh, ohh, only me cuz im l33t and shit deserves this drop" is utter bull shit !!!

Meduza out...

L

loxleyhood

The thing is it doesn't take too much work to get to RR5, I have no worries with giving a RR3 or 4 a drop because I know that sooner or later they'll ding Eagle Knight and will be able to use the weapon to all it's .3dps glory!

T

thorwyntf

I´m rr3. Do I have your permission to lotto for and wear Gyrg´s cloak now? Please!

P

Puppetmistress

The ppl who use a sidi weapon and not even RR5 is a fecking waste!

A non RR5 lvl 50 will utilize about 98.1% of the potential damage of it.

I am sure you will use it to the maximum potential to break a mezz or something......

IMO everyone tagging along in the raid (lvl 45+ right?) can lotto for a drop, even the MP dps 16.5 bla bla bla drop.

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by skile
I think a lvl50 non rr5 also enjoy 16.2 dps and great UV? :p. Or 100 AF with great stats instead of normal epicarmor. Maybe if someone organised a raid for RR5+ only, but that can't be done. Atleast I doubt it.

Of course it could be done, don't be silly. Our alliance could as usual post 5FG RR5+, wait a minute we are :p

I honestly wouldn't enforce the RR5+ as long as I knew people would end up using them in RvR, but all too often that's not true. Giving the drops to non-50's is just plain asking for it.

A

**Aligro**

skile i dont know what the fuck your problem is...

do you forget that time when i gave you some LB studded armour out of the goodness of my heart... you used to be a mate, you talk as if i'm a piece of shit

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by **Aligro**
skile i dont know what the fuck your problem is...

do you forget that time when i gave you some LB studded armour out of the goodness of my heart... you used to be a mate, you talk as if i'm a piece of shit

People are so quick to forget the good things ;(

T

Tyka

Nevermind Skile, he just likes to whine about stuff he have no clue about, although he never bothers doing something himself for other people.

Y

Yuanyuan

what can i say? ok u win, i won't join that kind of raid anyways, k thx , bye

Y

Yuanyuan

btw, 16.5 weapon used by RR5 + and RR% below makes difference, not small, u can test it anyway.

L

Luv_Bunny

euh, doesn't every lvl 50 with a bit of cash have 16.5dps crafted weapons? no problems with that, so why shouldn't they be able to lotto for drops?

i won my sidi slasher when i was lvl 49, didn't use is till i was 50 and if rvr was a bit easier for a solo merc (for some reason getting groups in emain is impossible for me) i'd get rr5.

btw, yuan, are you still upset about not getting the legion pole? I remember that, i was collecting loot then.

what i don't like is either ppl lottoing for something and then selling it, or seeing ppl who aren't lvl 50 yet using these weapons. not that i'm saying only lvl 50's should be able to lotto, but plz don't waste these weapons before lvl 50 and on mobs, i only use mine for RvR and duels.

just my opinion :p

ps. I'll never turn my back on you Aligor ;)

P

[PS]Venom

I think it's some kind of "OMFG I'm l33torrr than dat RR4 N00bi3! Harhar! I is t3h l33t!" syndrome to be honest Luv.

Glad I won't be playing DAOC much more :)

S

skile

Originally posted by Tyka
Nevermind Skile, he just likes to whine about stuff he have no clue about, although he never bothers doing something himself for other people.

Hi, are you coming to the sidi-raid? :p

L

Luv_Bunny

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
I think it's some kind of "OMFG I'm l33torrr than dat RR4 N00bi3! Harhar! I is t3h l33t!" syndrome to be honest Luv.

Glad I won't be playing DAOC much more :)

:rolleyes: i think once you're lvl 50 you're not a noob anymore (well, most aren't, some still manage act like a noob) and the RR5 thing doesn't prove anything except you prolly have more time or less alts than the others. if it really is this kinda behavior, then i kinda feel sorry for them.

btw, i'll miss ya hien :(

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Luv_Bunny

btw, i'll miss ya hien :(

Ya I know I was a bit of a bitch at times, but I'll miss daoc a bit as well in a lot of ways... but planetside is just easier on the casual and not so casual player.

C

Cala-more

rr5 only 500k easy to get

If you play lots, less than a month to get rr5

play a little 1-3months to get rr5

V

Vorcyn

Still shouldnt be a pre-requisite to be able to lotto for an item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom