Caer Renaris - Sunday Evening...

O

old.Spug

Epic Battles... only way to describe it.

We're just finished a huge LAN weekend, and logged on, to find we were holding Renaris against 130+ attacking albs... grabbed a shedload (enough to build a large shed) of wood, and hurried out to Albieland. took both my healer, and my Spiritmaster, my little SM needed some RP's, 42.5 and only 125 rp's... and my healer carried the wood, and was there as a rezzer.

unfortunately the hib's at the MG decided I wouldn't be getting any rp's for 30 mins, and one /transfercorpse later, and I was rezzing away.

I only saw two waves of attackers, but I'm told it wasnt the first wave... two repelled attacks earned me 1L9.

I started to feel sorry for the albs though. Even when the doors fell at one stage, they discovered that rather than the doors holding them out, it was holding our bored Tanks in. The doors opened, and the flood poured out.

Kinda confused those of us holding in the tower... "they'll be here any second"... then /b ok, they're all dead now...

Anyhoo, not a "yahboo sucks to you" message, simply a "thanks for a great evenings RvR"

Kliren/Kikya

O

old.Vae

Pah it's all because Albs are crap :(

I know lets run into the keep and half run up to die on the stairs while the other half stand in the courtyard to be aoe'd.

Gave up after getting pwned 3 times.

O

old.XanateA

zZZzzZZZZZzzZzzzzzzzzZZzzZZzzzzZZzzZzz

A

Aravis

Originally posted by old.Vae
Pah it's all because Albs are crap :(

I know lets run into the keep and half run up to die on the stairs while the other half stand in the courtyard to be aoe'd.

Gave up after getting pwned 3 times.

You forgot "hey infi fighting 3 sbs, let's see how he does!, ahhh, he lost :("

V

vieralt

It was fun, all afternoon and evening in that keep after our horrendous suicide against the relic. Can't even be called a raid, too embarrassing for that :)

A great thanks to all albs who had the patience to stay and attack that long. Cheers peeps, it was fun :)

O

old.Vae

Not from our point of view it wasn't :(

And we lost Beno because 40 mids attacked it at about 1:45 am :mad:

Don't you lot have beds to go too!

A

adari

no, thats how they get relics too

E

Edlina

Originally posted by adari
no, thats how they get relics too

o.0 rofl. 4 am :p

Sorry didn't mean to but couldn't resist.

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Edlina
o.0 rofl. 4 am :p

Sorry didn't mean to but couldn't resist.
Pfft as far as I can remember Albs have never taken relics at 4am whereas the same can't be said of mids :p

However I would admit to having started raiding at about 8am (maybe 7am) or 9am a couple of times.

E

Edlina

Pfft as far as I can remember Albs have never taken relics at 4am

rofl you need to refresh your memory then, since last relic raid albs made took the relic a few minutes after 4am.

B

BimboBane

Just fyi.

We dint have any rams with us ;) frankly it was pure test to see how hard the yverguards are in this patch, and dudes ya better buff those ones before we come with rams we obliviated the purp ones in less than 20 seconds, but then again LA aint nerfed yet.

And that peeps dont listen to commands is another sad story, we said retreat numerous times and still the deathspam of mids continued and the CS was keept ouccopied for quite a while.

//BimboBane

A

Aravis

Originally posted by Edlina
rofl you need to refresh your memory then, since last relic raid albs made took the relic a few minutes after 4am.

So do you, that raid started at 11pm, took 5 hours and not one hib noticed it happening...

J

Jarve

And albs took 4 of our keeps 4-7am or so, I'm not 100% sure of course, but it was damn late, still we managed to scrape up 1.5fg to kill the 3fg and take them all back. good manners midgard ;)

Originally posted by old.XanateA ZZzzZZZZZzzZzzzzzzzzZZzzZZzzzzZZzzZzz

oh no, people are having fun without 1fg roaming, and without being in emain, AND its not all about RA's, OH NO! :D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Renaris = mids farm albs all day

Gee, I wonder why you think its so fun?

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Aravis
So do you, that raid started at 11pm, took 5 hours and not one hib noticed it happening...

Rofl such silly albs, Loch tell them off your raid please, 4am 150 albs took back the spear sometime in last patch. Don't be stupid and learn your goddamn facts of when your realm did Relic Raids o.0

And no that raid did not start 11pm or take 5 hours o.0

Unless of course if you count the time it takes to get some rams or whatever I wouldn't know that then, but the raid took the time it takes to go from apk to Lamfhota and back o.0

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Jarve
And albs took 4 of our keeps 4-7am or so, I'm not 100% sure of course, but it was damn late, still we managed to scrape up 1.5fg to kill the 3fg and take them all back. good manners midgard ;)

oh no, people are having fun without 1fg roaming, and without being in emain, AND its not all about RA's, OH NO! :D

It was 2.30 am gmt for your interest when we begin taking mid keeps, after we failed another retake attempt on renaris. Well our issue was to make you lose money and we succeeded, we took 3 keeps and 4th keep both doors were down. Now you should pay bitch ;)

R

-redb-

Originally posted by Aravis

This not be true, my group had been rvr'ing until 2am in emain that night, and we wudda noticed a relic sized force moving around. Heh, i still have the ss's i think, we'd been camping apk with trebs cos was nothin to keel in emain :>
Then we got killed by a _lot_ of albs. We just put it down to the normal alb zerg, thought nothin of it, and loged. 2 ppl stuck around though after, and was there to c you all move to relic keep :<

But then and again, who cares, this was all ages ago :)

J

Jarve

Originally posted by thegreatest
It was 2.30 am gmt for your interest when we begin taking mid keeps, after we failed another retake attempt on renaris. Well our issue was to make you lose money and we succeeded, we took 3 keeps and 4th keep both doors were down. Now you should pay bitch ;)

/realm

you were saying? ;)

O

old.TeaSpoon

Been running around all day, died about 8-9 times.

Its become insanely freaking boring.

O

old.Tyraette

It got so bad that I even hauled my arse out of retirement just to see waht all the fuss was in MY Forest!

Even got a few kills too :p my first in months \o/

Thanks to Viran who leant me his blades and jerkin for the night, he can probably auction them for millions now <officially worn blades by the Prince of the Shadowed Night himself!!11>

Anyway. Morale of the story. Stop pissing about in my Forest, for hell hath no fury like a Shaeffer summoned :p

<on a more serious note, aww you guys at the amount of pm's i got. Makes it all worthwhile :)>

F

Freia

Me and blejs once started a relicraid of 3fgs at 2am cet. Should i get executed now ? :eek6:

G

Groborthir

Hehe, I can think of numerous coincidences of albs taking keeps so early in the morning not even the birds are up yet. And so what?

Does the game officially shut down at 9 in the evening because all the school kids need to hit the sack? No.

Are there no albs on whatsoever at 4 AM? I seriously doubt it. A /who displaying 0 people online doesn't even occur on Camlann.

I think there's close to as many mid players as alb players, so assuming that only mids stay up so late sort of makes you wonder if anyone claiming this is right in the head. Why should one type of people [people who stay up late] pick one type of class/realm [Midgard] in a computer game [DAoC] and do a relic raid?

In any case, these last few days mids have made several relic raid attempts, both charging Excal and Myrd (on which occasion we made it all the way through) in prime time, so the argument that mids only relic raid in the night is BS.

That was my 1 copper piece worth of ramblings!

M

Moth Twiceborn

Yup. I was part of the carrier group on the 4am relic raid - the Hibs were stupid enough to take their relic back at 8:30 in the morning, so we were stupid enough to get it back at 4am the following morning :)

O

old.SadonTheGrey

he can probably auction them for millions now <officially worn blades by the Prince of the Shadowed Night himself!!11>

[egoboost/]

Edit: + 1

O

opoc

Originally posted by old.Spug

unfortunately the hib's at the MG decided I wouldn't be getting any rp's for 30 mins, and one /transfercorpse later, and I was rezzing away.

Might have been us, we was hanging around in hadrians with our randomn group owning middies on the way to renaris :p Something out of the ordinary though....winning against mids :)

K

Kerram Darktyde

All the mids had left there Hib killing Weapons at home to make room for Spare Anti Alb ammo :)

O

old.Spug

Funniest though was getting lost, then finding myself dying to border keep guards... got all the way by myself as a healer...

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Moth Twiceborn
Yup. I was part of the carrier group on the 4am relic raid - the Hibs were stupid enough to take their relic back at 8:30 in the morning, so we were stupid enough to get it back at 4am the following morning :)

yeyeye, just pointing out albs latest relic raid was at 4am, dunno maybe you didn't want Guardians of Power along ;) , since none of them apparently know of it o.0

O

old.Vae

From searching old threads I think this must have been at easter when I was on holiday - hence me not knowing about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom