TV Cadbury's - WRONG.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Wife's been watching Big Brother (honestly, not me!). Advert's just been on, and they've run 2 Cadbury adverts one after the other.
You know the ones.
The Gorilla. The one that started it all.
Then the Airport.

Both had iconic music tracks, the Gorilla is now automatically linked to Phil Collins, it's a classic.
The airport, although the video isn't as good as the Gorilla, had the ever fantastic Queen - Don't Stop Me Now as the music. Fantastic song, brilliant.

So they've changed them. The Gorilla is now (in slow motion to make it fit, as it's the same video) banging to Bonnie Tyler (UGH!). And even worse, the airport things are racing to Bon Bloody Jovi. Ok it's not a bad song but it's not even a patch on Don't Stop Me Now.

They should have left those ads alone. They're on adverts I know, but some things are best not altered. Philistines. :flame:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
if you go to their website Kryt, you can watch the vids

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
lol so I'm the only one who sang along to total eclipse of the heart?
(The girlfriend is watching BB, not me, honest)

:iagree:

Kryten

Old Cow.
Don't get me wrong, I like both tracks, but neither have anywhere near the impact of the original 2. It might just be because we're used to it, but then again Phil and Queen are my favoured artists ;)

I prefer the newer versions of Total Eclipse in all honesty, but for Bonnie "I Should Have Been The "Before" Actor in Tunes Adverts" Tyler, I prefer Holding Out for a Hero. Fantastic song.

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Is it wrong that after hearing those adverts I can't get Stevie Nicks out my head? :twak:

Edmond

i thought stevie nicks was hot

Edmond

No shes not, shes still kicking

Dukat

Resident Freddy
but for Bonnie "I Should Have Been The "Before" Actor in Tunes Adverts" Tyler, I prefer Holding Out for a Hero. Fantastic song.

:iagree:

I think the cadbury's adverts are designed to get people talking about them. First off about how original they were, and second off how they're now not as good (alot will debate both ways).

I might be off but it seems to me that they're trying to get publicity through being controversial and different :) standing out, which they are doing I think.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty soon they'll have the gorilla doing some rickrolling ;)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Pretty soon they'll have the gorilla doing some rickrolling ;)

Aye, if he gets up and starts belting Never Gonna Give You Up into a microphone whilst flicking his mullet around seductively, I will applaud ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I saw these last night (Parent and Sister watching, not me!) and I thought the same thing, is bizarre really. Drumming gorilla is win though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom