Cabalist

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i think only Apathy, Grymdaal, windforce got the point of my post. Cabalist with PBAE and Speed in spirit= mana chanter (almost) Hibs most popular class (excluding Druid buff bots). Yet everyone would asume i was sujesting a change and say it would make them too over powered.

As for Elendar you are just too easy, guessed i'd get a responce from you. All I asked was 'do you think Cabalist would be more popular if they had caster speed and PBAE in the spirit line?' i wasn't making a sujestion for changing the class or anything.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
considering how popular enchanters are in hibernia, yes they would become very popular...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Apathy said:
You could make the lifetap a PB with the same damage, I guess. That will even things up a bit. Make it really fair.

a.

ooooh, now THAT would be fun.... a PBAOE lifetap... same Dps as the single target one tho....

that would ba REALLY REALLY fun... :D

MOC + LT pbaoe....................

/me wants... :(

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
And if you are at full health when you PBLT it should act as a spread heal for your group!

a.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
i think only Apathy, Grymdaal, windforce got the point of my post. Cabalist with PBAE and Speed in spirit= mana chanter (almost) Hibs most popular class (excluding Druid buff bots). Yet everyone would asume i was sujesting a change and say it would make them too over powered.

As for Elendar you are just too easy, guessed i'd get a responce from you. All I asked was 'do you think Cabalist would be more popular if they had caster speed and PBAE in the spirit line?' i wasn't making a sujestion for changing the class or anything.
The very fact that you fail to see the implications of adding pbae to cabalist (and no it wouldn't be the same as chanter, they are very different classes) suggests that you shouldn't even be making these posts in the first place. You seem to lack the ability to examine the whole system, instead just isolating a partular aspect (in this case the lack of pbae on cabalists), while overlooking the bulk (in this case the fact that cabalists have a massive selection of spells which chanters don't get, and vice versa).

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
Pffff i dont want stupidly OP classes .. I like alb hard mode. OP classes are there to make up for lack of skills .. everyone knows that ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
Do you think

Balbor does these threads as jokes, or he is actually thiis stupid
Makes you wonder, does anyone here actually give Balbor any credence anymore, or has everyone written him off as someone whose fingers are about 10 minutes ahead of his brain? :p

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Norcen MightyTwig said:
and life tap pbaoe??? ........ a life tap pbaoe?!?!

/rolls spirit caba

Too bad tho ... Lifetap is in the Body line :cheers:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
That could soon be fixed. ;)
Besides PBAE in the spirit line wouldn't be like chanters - they don't have pbae in enchantments do they? To be properly like chanters it'd need to be in the matter line.

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Urgh. I can't believe you are being so serious about this.

I am sure that if PB and base speed were to be added to cabalists to make them more like chanters, then they [Mythic] would jiggle things around. The main point is having self-debuff and PB in the same line.

Hold on. Must go grind my teeth.

a.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Danya said:
That could soon be fixed. ;)
Besides PBAE in the spirit line wouldn't be like chanters - they don't have pbae in enchantments do they? To be properly like chanters it'd need to be in the matter line.

I think the point is to have PBAE in same line as debuff for their own baseline DD..

Balbor said:
i think only Apathy, Grymdaal, windforce got the point of my post. Cabalist with PBAE and Speed in spirit= mana chanter (almost) Hibs most popular class (excluding Druid buff bots).

Anyway Balbor - no, it wouldn't be the same as an Enchanter. Here's some difference:

- Chanter has baseline stun, Caba has baseline root
- Cabalist have str / dex baseline debuffs
- Cabalist get AE disease when speccing for lower baseline variance...chanters get their interrupting DPS debuff...
- Cabalist's DD is a lifetap, Enchanter is a pure DD.
- Cabalist and Enchanters have different set of pets (chanter ones is better imo)
- Cabalist gets a lot more pet buffs in their pet-line

Actually, come to think of it....Cabalist with PBAE in spirit line wouldnt really be more overpowered then a Chanter :) So I guess you have a point here Balbor :]

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
if I wanted to make Cabalist Overpowered i would put AOE DOT/disease, NS, Focus Shield, resist Debuffs and Spec LD in one spec line.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I understand why ppl might or might not share the idea, but why some of you said its stupid, the original poster is retard or he lacks DAOC experience?? He has a perfect valid point cept it would require some tweaks like nerfing pet buffs or making baseline body nukes just DDs w/o the lifetaping component(having lifetaps as specc spells in bodyline)

Like Ilum said, think about this:

The cookie cutter of the spirit cabys is specced as this (like mine e.g):

44 Spirit (for the last body debuff)
11 Matter (just for the 1st nearsight, and nothing else more, not even nuff points for 1st aoeDoT)
25 Body (basically due to less damage varience on baseline lifetaps, and for lvl24 disease)

Now, imagine Mythic developers get drunk n set a Pbaoe line at Spirit spec just like the chanters one, scalling like this: 7 11 16 20 26 32 39 48

Now, if u use the spirit caby template written above u will end just with 265damage delve pbaoe level 39 spell more. Nothing else.

Lets assume u want to be a pure pbaoer and specc 50 spirit 20 body. You will end up with pbaoe, body debuff, crappy lvl15 aoedisease n baseline lifetaps as usefull tools. Not even a ghetto ns.

¡WoW! That would be extra superb overpowered compared with mana chanters. :rolleyes:

The idea might be crazy due to the extremly low chances of being real, but its not stupid. Its like asking for wizards to have aoedisease n some instadebuffs, or a pet.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Apathy said:
Hold on. Must go grind my teeth.
Really? Maybe you'd be interesting in our line of Danya™ Brand Patented tooth grinding wheels? Guaranteed to give the fastest, smoothest grind on your teeth or your money back*!

*Guarantee will not be honoured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom