Confused Bye Sic

kirennia

Part of the furniture
That was horrible...he's been one of the most exciting up coming MotoGP racers out there. R.I.P. :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Once again, the Daily Mail...that's just fucking sick...

I'm not even going to link to it but showing detailed images of the crash, of a 24 year old whos just lost their life hours earlier... unbeleivable.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
RIP, but so what that the Daily Mail published pictures of the incident?

Pretty much every newspaper in existence published pictures of the twin towers getting hit by two planes which resulted in a shit ton of people dying, but because it's the Daily Mail they get the shit right :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
We see bombs going off killing people all of the time but you don't see people actually dying... it isn't disrespectful because it's impersonal (sp?) - the people jumping out of windows was a different matter... much like this showing pictures of him having his head run over...

Put it this way, what's more disturbing; hearing a gunshot kill someone or seeing it...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We see bombs going off killing people all of the time but you don't see people actually dying... it isn't disrespectful because it's impersonal (sp?) - the people jumping out of windows was a different matter... much like this showing pictures of him having his head run over...

Put it this way, what's more disturbing; hearing a gunshot kill someone or seeing it...
I disagree;

Death is Death.

And there were images of people jumping from buildings:S

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
See it this way, if you knew the person well, would you want to be confronted with the picture of his or her death just after he or she passed away (or at any time really)?

Gwadien

See it this way, if you knew the person well, would you want to be confronted with the picture of his or her death just after he or she passed away (or at any time really)?

But it's a newspaper, they're just reporting that he's dead, and some people might say, shit, i wonder how he died, so instead of forcing them to google his death, it's just there, it's not like the newspaper is knocking on everyones door and like, omfg, look at dis shit man!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I disagree;

Death is Death.

And there were images of people jumping from buildings:S

No it's not. Death of a loved one means more then death of someone you see on the tele.
As for the jumping off buildings... I didn't mean that. Lets not derail the thread though with 9/11, hitler or god talk.

Still quite shocked he's dead :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
But it's a newspaper, they're just reporting that he's dead, and some people might say, shit, i wonder how he died, so instead of forcing them to google his death, it's just there, it's not like the newspaper is knocking on everyones door and like, omfg, look at dis shit man!

So all soldiers reported dead in war should have their corpses shown on the front page of a newspaper?

There's a reason coffins are closed while being moved through the street too...plain simple respect.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
it's not like the newspaper is knocking on everyones door and like, omfg, look at dis shit man!

It is actually. But even if so every newspaper/site should judge by itself. I've looked it up yes, but when I look at sports pages I don't like getting death smacked in my face with every little detail. Not like it matters though, it's about having respect for their family members and friends.

What I'm try'ing to say is keep it down. Which is what most newspaper and sites do.

Gwadien

So all soldiers reported dead in war should have their corpses shown on the front page of a newspaper?
No, because there's no a photographer following every unit around - that's the only reason the pictures aren't there, - Gaddafi - dead pictures of him EVERYWHERE, people still love him.

Same story with T.V - Look at documentaries about Afghan/Iraq - They do it aswell.

I'm not saying it's right that they do it, I'm just saying a majority of media groups do it, think it's pretty damn insensitive. - Won't continue due to derailing..

RIP Simoncelli, saddening to see any sports people still with alot of potiental left go :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't follow Moto GP but that was a horrible accident and a horrible way to go. RIP. :(

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
When I saw this thread I was scared for a moment. I'm fine, guys. No worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom