Bye Bye WarhammerAlliance...

rynnor

Rockhound
Thats really very odd - is it perhaps a case of the the right hand not knowing what the left hand is up to?

I dont think the lawsuit has a hope in hell tbh if anyone chooses to fight it but there ya go.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It will be interesting to see what washes out once spin from either side is shown in any court case.

Worth bearing in mind that onling gaming-wise, GW are beholding to EA, and they are fans of suing people.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
A very brief reading of it all - GW are going to get molested and laughed out of court.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
A very brief reading of it all - GW are going to get molested and laughed out of court.

Thats the thing. I started to read it and then thought "hmm, I'm bored of this almost immediately". I don't really care what they do to each other.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
To be fair, they should never have picked that name in the first place. Whilst it sucks that they had a good relationship with Mythic/GW at the start, they could've quite easily avoided being a target of Games Workshop by not using a name which includes their trademark.

I would say it's sad to see Games Workshop doing this towards a fan site, although as others have mentioned in that thread - that site hasn't been a fan site for quite a while, it's owned by a company generating revenue. It is idiotic that Games Workshop are doing this to people who promote their brand though.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Just got 'chatted at'. Seems they sold it to Curse who are effectively making money off GW's intellectual property. That kinda makes it not a fan site any more but a business making cash without being licensed as part of the GW franchise.

Not up for digging to find out it its all true. Bedtime for me, been up since 4:30am. Nightnight FH :D

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I can think of a certain large company GW could make a fuckload off....

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Think the issue here is that there's adverts on the site, and that the site is run by Curse Gaming, a for profit company.

However, since the site is listed as an official fansite on the Warhammer Online site, that should count as consent.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
GW have been ripping of other peoples ideas for decades.
It would be funny if Michael Moorcock sued the arse off them for stealing his chaos star symbol and general mythology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom