BY games stopping on the 5th November...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.D0LLySh33p

So hopefully this'll mean more peeps for us here at BW?

T

throdgrain

Well well, I can see some servers getting busier ...

D

Deady

like Jolt :p
But really...this prolly means more preview server activity.

A

-adz-

I shall miss the blueyonder admins greatly

*cough*

S

S-Gray

Only just heard... ah well... not many left now...

C

Ch3tan

The head admins were solid though Adz, just the other peons that were more righteous than some BW admins at times.

Shame to see BY close, it didn't really fail just had the plug pulled. It will be nice to get a huge chunck of gamers back though. LOTS and LOTS of ex-BW people went to BYgames. Hopefully they will realise we are the best alternative, and for those that paid BY, we cost the same.

H

Hot Soup

Well the problemm is at the end of the day there wasn't a vast uptake in by subs ( to the best of my knowledge ) so i dont think the larger proportion of users will come straight here and buy subs.

I think this is where better inter community relations would be nice .. as most of the comments I see are "omg I aint going to jolt / wp / bw" which is unfortunate for those of us made homeless and those folks who should realistically be getting more users ( ie you lot :E )

Meh who knows .. we'll just have to see :x

D

d_void

not all have made comments on migrating here or anywhere else !! honest !!!

and we (most ;) ) are a nice bunch :E

A

-adz-

Anyone that bans someone when they tk someone at the start of the round because he is killing the whole team is in my mind a numpty. Happened loads, and is stupid as it was for the benefit of 6 other players.

C

cruiser_

Originally posted by -adz-
Anyone that bans someone when they tk someone at the start of the round because he is killing the whole team is in my mind a numpty. Happened loads, and is stupid as it was for the benefit of 6 other players.

Depends. If I joined after hearing about a rampant tker on a server and saw you TK at the start of a round, Id assume they meant you :p

That and BYCS rules were: TK = ban, dont do it, no matter the reason.

A

-adz-

It was for "retaliation tk-ing", and the admin was there for several rounds and anyone with any sense would have understood.

Anyway all in the past now, just really got on my tits at the time

L

leggy

Am with adz on this one. Me and bozz were both done for doing the same thing. "retaliation TKing".

Funny thing was none of the real TKers were banned despite using racial slurs for about 30 minutes.

I stand by my original opinion byadmins = ****s.

L

leggy

On another note. 1 more ban and i'm permabanned. seeing as how the 5th of november is drawing closer I may just use up my last strike :)

A

adams901

About 2 years ago i was banned on a Barrysworld server for retaliation tk-ing, and the actual team killer remained on the server. I just put it down to the guy being a friend of the admin :).

A

-adz-

ul leggy, the rap sheets would have been wiped as it went on wonids :D

GOGOGO

C

Ch3tan

To stick up for fellow admins here, Tking rules (yes on BW as well) are TK =kick/ban, retaliation or not. To this end I always spammed some rcon warnings into console when dealing with tkers -helped to identify the real culprits. I was abused a hell of a lot in irc by people who I kciked for retaliation TK's, but at the end of the day they broke the rules too, and had fair warning.

L

leggy

To rain on your parade. I never got warned once.

Hence they are still ****s.

C

Ch3tan

TBH a warning doesn't matter. Tking is TKing, and you need to admin for a while to understand that retaliation is just as bad and degrading as the original tker. If you do it, you deserve a kick or ban. Doesn't take an incredible amount of effort for most to get an admin and get the real culprit banned. Why not do it in the round you are dead after just being tked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom