BWMOH League... Realism or not..

P

Pac^

please post your thoughts on whether you want realism or not in this post only please.

O

old.cainuk

Deffinately on.

Does stealth & skill include 27 rounds of an smg into someones head b4 they die like can happen on non-realism? Personally if u can take someone out with one round in the head with a bar or m1 thats far more skillfull then using 150 rounds of an smg or StgG44. It also takes more skill and stealth using realism cos u know that u could die with one shot thats skillfully placed and not get Filled with buckshot and die from 150 yards from a shotgun whore. Also y should someone using a bar be able to run at the same speed as someone using an smg???? HAVE U SEEN THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THE BAR IN REAL LIFE? it even has a tripod mount on its nozel due to its weight. The final point is that when i throw a nade and it lands right one someones head then i want to see them die because this doesnt always happen in non-realism aswell

CAIN

Y

Yeah 7

Definatly on....

The clan i play with will definatly enter with any realism mod on, I echo cainuk words about this, and with Team Assult coming, i expect the standard game settings to be more like the current realism mods now.

Realism benfits the more skillful and tactical clans. Isn't that what leagues are all about?

O

old.Apache

Realism off :)

Originally posted by Yeah 7

Realism benfits the more skillful and tactical clans.

Lol so untrue... clans like MaR rule at arcade...they would definatly beat Realism clan since u dont need to hit the enemy so much... of you got skills you can kill some 1 in arcade with 5 maybe less well placed smg shot.

O

old.[TSM]XZiBiT

Definatley OFF!!
Its too easy to kill people.

M

MadFred

I played some realism , so im not unfamiliar with it, and this is what I saw, a lot more camping on specific positions where u could simply place a few shoots on moving targets.

Talking about skill..Realism ON seems to require less skill since u can kill someone much easier.

So Realism OFF would mean less camping and more skillfull players.

My vote: Realism OFF

O

old.cainuk

Originally posted by [TSM]XZiBiT
Definatley OFF!!
Its too easy to kill people.

Thats the point of the game isnt it????

seems TSM are scared of getting taken out with 1 shot...... thats the trouble with a lot of people, they like second chances to complete the objective by survivinf after being filled with lead;)

L

LGAlien

Realism on because it takes alot more skill not to be shot than to shoot someone. Anyone can run around with realism OFF with a shotgun with a high ping and get the close range kills. :rolleyes: Ok yes it is easier for newbies, but if you get a veteran in there it's alot more skillful to get alot of kills without being killed yourself. :m00:

T

The *SBS* Doc

Sorry for being an absolutely ignorant person but can I be reminded as to what it means for realism to be on? Or is it just simply how easily ur killed etc..

btw, hello pac :)

T

The *SBS* Doc

heh, I am the master.. well, sorta and u managed to post without answering my question! Naughty pac!!:m00:

Y

Yeah 7

I'll help....

This is the readme with the CPR realism....

(Release v0.9c)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Movement speed with machine-guns boosted to 75%.
- Movement speed with rocket launchers boosted to 60%.
- Rockets are MUCH faster.
- The Colt .45 is a bit more powerful.
- SMG accuracy is reduced.
- Minor tweaks to the damage dished out by other weapons.

As always, we appreciate your feedback :)

(Initial Release v0.9b)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Rifles, SMGs, machine-guns, and hand-guns incur much higher damage (especially rifles).
- The machine-guns cause the player to move at 60% speed.
- Rocket launchers cause the player to move at 40% speed.
- Rocket ammunition is reduced to 3 rockets.
- Players are issued only 3 grenades.

Hope that helps, but differnt mods, change different things, but all are very similar

P

Pac^

details of CKR realism..as found in the readme..

CROW KING REALISM MOD for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Version 1.0

* Grenades: You start with 3 and they can be thrown a bit further.

* Bazooka: You are limited to 3 shells, move slower and must take time to wrap the shell wire when reloading (about 9 sec total reload time) since you're not working in a team.

* Bazooka Shell: Much faster, leaves less smoke trail.

* Panzerschrek: You are limited to 3 shells, move slower, and must take time to pull both triggers when reloading (about 6 sec total reload time) since you're not working in a team.

* Panzerschrek Shell: Much faster (but not as fast as the bazooka).

* BAR: You start with a full bandolier (12 clips / 240 rds), move slower, have a little different recoil, and do the full damage of an 06.

* MP44: You start with two ammo pouches (6 clips / 180 rds), move tiny bit slower (but faster than BAR), and do more damage.

* M1 Garand: You start with two bandoliers (16 clips / 128 rds), move at full speed and do the full damage of an 06.

* KAR 98k: You start with 2 ammo pouches (12 strippers / 60 rds), move at full speed and do the full damage of a 7.92x57.

* Kar 98k Sniper: You start with 2 ammo pouches (60 rds), move at full speed, work the bolt as fast as the Kar 98k, shoot a little more accurately with the scope, take longer to reload and do the full damage of a 7.92x57.

* 03A4 Springfield: You start with 1 bandolier (60 rds), move at full speed, have the right scope power (2.5x), take longer to reload and do the full damange of an 06.

* M1A1 Thompson: You start with 2 ammo pouches (6 clips / 180 rds), have a little different recoil, move at full speed and do more damange (not quite as much as the MP44).

* MP40: You start with 2 ammo pouches (6 clips / 192 rds), have a little different recoil, move at full speed and do more damage (less than the Thompson).

* P38: You start with 3 clips (24 rds) and do more damage (same as MP40).

* 1911: You start with 3 clips (21 rds) and do more damange (same as Thompson).

* Shotgun: You start with two boxes of ammo (50rds), have fewer pellets (00 buck has 12 pellets, not 20), take longer to reload and do slightly less damage.

Notes
-------
- weapons that do less damage tend to have higher rates of fire.

- The damage done by each round is as follows:
9mm: 60
.45 ACP: 75
7.92x33: 80
30-06: 104
7.92x57: 106
12gauge: 185 (15 per .38 caliber pellet)

O

old.cainuk

Originally posted by kingfrag
Def not , you die to quick.

hehe another one scared of dying with a skillfully placed shot

H

hazzie

Not to bothered if realism is on or not. Just more concerned with limiting the number of rockets and shotguns.

O

old.Rico99

With realism you get virtually NO shotguns and rockets. Its great! :clap:

S

ShavedApe

Off most definately off

Hate to say it but as far as Im concerned Realism is about as real as a cartoon.

Only SMG seems to have what it takes to kill someone and its far to easy to kill with it.

Arcade may be less realistic but it takes a lot more gaming skill to do well and this is a game after all.

O

old.cainuk

Originally posted by ShavedApe
Off most definately off

Hate to say it but as far as Im concerned Realism is about as real as a cartoon.

Only SMG seems to have what it takes to kill someone and its far to easy to kill with it.

Arcade may be less realistic but it takes a lot more gaming skill to do well and this is a game after all.

Never heard so much crap in my life. Obviously u never use a rifle because u get great satisfaction taking out someone with a headshot from an UNSCOPED Kar or the garande in realism mode. If anything the favoured weapons with realism are the rifles, mg's & sniper rifles - not smg's, shotty's and rockets mmmmmm the favoured weapons seem to say a lot as u need more skill to use them. POINT MADE

lol@ the point of being as realistic as a cartoon..... whats that make default mode where u can still win after being filled with lead?????

S

ShavedApe

Originally posted by cainuk

lol@ the point of being as realistic as a cartoon..... whats that make default mode where u can still win after being filled with lead?????

hmm that would make it a game I think. Realism makes it no more real than default does it just makes it harder to kill with weapons like rockets and shotguns.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if your hit with one round from a shot gun from say 2 feet away it would knock you off your feet would it not?
Yet shoot someone with a shot gun on realism and you may as well be using a pistol. As for never used a rifle yes I have and I do often on arcade mode and yes it is good to kill someone from long range with a none scoped rifle.

SMG is obviously the realism weapon of choice go on any realism server see how many people are using anything else not many. Yet in default you get a mixture of weapons. Yes Shotgun is easy to kill with a close range but not so easy from a distance. Every weapon has its advantage and disadvantage, not so much with realism except as far as rockets and shotguns are concerned of course, In realism choose anything other than a SMG and you limit your chances quite significantly
Of course you are free to disagree and people always will disagree but then I do this for fun only and dont get off on flaming people for there opinions.

L

LGAlien

The shotgun is still far more powerful in realism. It just has less shot in the cartiages. Like it should do! It is only a single barrel not a double. With realism off it has 24 pellets with it on it only has 12 so you just have to get alot closer :) So if your getting kills on realism with a shotgun it's even more skillful. IMO the game should have been realised with this mod as default.

M

MrChumble

Two replies to this question with my different hats on.

The peacemaking game liaison hat:

Divide the divisions into two and make half realism and half MoH. Clans opt for whichever they would prefer, the 'not bothered' clans are then used to fill the gaps. Division 1 will need to be MoH for the sake of fairness.
This is a tested method, employed by the BWCSL to satisfy clans who wanted either CO rules or MR12 rules. Everyone walks away happy, but is more of a pain to admin.

The gamers hat:

Realism is a mod. You do not play Counter-Strike in a Half-Life league: why would MoH be any different. For all the people who have gone out and bought the game, learned it, practised it, joined clans, formed tactics etc to be told that all they have done is now worthless and a different game will be played under the inaccurate name of 'Medal of Honor League' this would be grossly unfair and would undermine the league before it even started.
For all the clans that have gone out and honed their skills on Realism it was their choice to move away from MoH. If they then have to re-learn how to play MoH then that goes hand in hand with participating in a MoH league.

Take whichever answer you prefer, I stand by them both :)

G

greendemon

The solution to this could be...

Once the Clans are in the correct skill-based division (after the initial quick cup tourney), assuming there were 4 divisions for example:

Divisions 1+2 containing the more skilled clans, can play with Realism ON, and 3+4 with it OFF.

Just a thought.

O

old.cainuk

good point..... why not have 2 divisions with realism and 2 without, then the winners of each go into a 4 team round robin tournament and play each other using both realism and default to determine the overall champion? cos this seems like its going to be the fairest way to settle this

O

old.joe_black

OFF

Its just too easy to kill people. In fact I'd say its unrealistic. One shot in the hand and your dead?

A big no from me unless the right balance can be found.

O

old.am1727

Such as WAR!

Of course realism should be on, it is more realistic, and the skill is not to make yourself a target.
Without realism makes the game very frustrating, as you can manouvre into position, start shooting the enemy from behind, yet they can still turn and kill ya???, very very bad option, as this would just not happen.
My vote and all the clan i belong to, request realism on, and we have 20 members in the 1stDD...........

Major:D

O

old.am1727

To Easy to Kill!

Please tell me how many ppl know of warfare where you can get shot in the head, and carry on to take the whole of the enemy force out?. Totally obsurd, and without realism on, makes the whole experience a farce, instead of being the best FPS game out at the minute.

A shot from a STG44, snipers and rifle, would cause any soldier to fall in battle, and not get up and kill the remaining enemy, realism makes moh a simulator of warfare, normal mode makes it a kids game?

Major:D

J

joe_black

Realism (sort of)

I much prefer realism but it has to be just that, not like the ultra realism crap you find on some servers where a pistol will kill you as good as a garand.

Realism has to be handled with care otherwise it just degenerates into unrealism.

At the other end of the spectrum you can shoot someone with an SMG, enter clip after clip into them, and they don't even blink.

Joe Black

N

][nspectah

REALISM ON

It's the biggest pain in the arse when the level starts, and 200 grenades are flying around. One grendae each, one shot to a vital organ and their dead. That's much better.

Users who are viewing this thread