BWEFL with prizes??????

W

widdy

Well thats what i'm hoping,I've been incontact with some companies like paramount,Raven,EB etc to see if they would be willing to give us some prizes for this season.
I wanted to try and bring bwefl in line with the other BW leagues by offering prizes,just to give it a little something extra.
If I do get any prizes the first league that will be getting them will be the 2v2 disi as it will be much easier to give prizes to 2/4 people rather than a whole clan.Mind you I will try and get a prize that a whole clan can have,like maybe £1 each or something lol,nah seriously I will try my best to find something.

G

greendemon

Why don't BW offer BarryServers as prizes to the Clans?

eg a BarryServer for 3 Months or something?

That would be better than trying to share a game from Raven between 8 peeps!

W

widdy

I actually had that idea when I first applied for the league but unfortunatly they wasn't willing (probably money as they already supply a free service)

All the prizes I have asked for will cater for the all the leagues, 2v2 may have 2 to 4 prizes so 1st and 2nd place both get a prize each and I also may have a nice prize for the winning clan of the CTF league (all players that partisipated) more word on that if they agree to it.

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

/me runs to the clan sign up form on the BWEFL site!!

:)

O

old.Dreadnought

sounds good m8 nice :)

is it definitly 2v2 disint? or is it instagib or wot?

W

widdy

disintigration CTF it will be mate :) well unless others prefer insta.

Anyway to get you all excited I will give you a run down on who I have contacted and what's on my wish list.

2v2 disi/insta CTF - I have asked Paramount and Electronics Boutique if they could supply a/some prizes for this league.This could be anything really from signed pictures to vouchers................. or even a megadrive!!!!! lol

Straight CTF - This is the big one and if I manage to pull it off the winners should be in debt to me for life.I have contacted Virgin airways and disneyland paris (obviously had to go somewhere european and cheap) to see if they could supply tickets for a weekend away.Virgin the plane tickets and disneyland the weekend passes.Don't get your hopes up too high as I doubt I will be able to pull it off but if you don't try you will never know.If this one doesn't go through then I will try something else.

For other leagues I have contacted Raven (would really like them to supply a prize for the map league (if it goes ahead)) hoping for some small framed pictures of the maps with the winning clans name on them.

I have also contacted Alton towers to try and get enough tickets to let a clan in for a nice day out(o.k. sorry to team members out of the UK it's the only thing I could think of as it's a UK based league)

I'm currently thinking of mailing a few more like blackstar,Game,Dixons etc etc

Anyway lets see what happens :)

O

old.Dreadnought

lol nice m8 :)

i think most people prefer instagib ?

its just better, with the rjumps and all ;)

B

bigfoot

Prizes such as servers are only reserved for the bigger leagues, sorry but it would take up too much in the way of resources to give every single league a prize server.

W

widdy

lol TBH there would be no point in offering a server anyway,I doubt if it would get used for no more than 20% of it's life while in the hands of the winning clan.
I would rather get prizes off other sources and let BW keep theres :) The last thing I want to see again is another BW is dead message.

W

widdy

update on prizes

well a few companies have got back to me,one has said no but the others have fowarded the mail off to the right department.

On a very good note Daleep at Activision UK has agreed to donate something,although what type of prize hasn't been confirmed they are willing to give us something.Daleep mentioned he was going out to E3 and said he maybe able to get some EF2 stuff for us to use as a prizes. :clap:

O

^OnyX^

/me hopes it's a new photonlauncher.
(I sold mine to Jed ;) )

n1 widdy. :clap:

W

widdy

well I doubt it will be a Photon launcher but it's probably going to be some cardboard stand ups or stuff like that,either way whoever wins them are going to be the first people in the UK public to have that kind of stuff :)

T

Tempy_Incursion

Good work with finding prizes there Widdy! Let's hope the winning clan gets something that all members can make use of. :)

W

widdy

ah I'm only dishing out prizes for the 2v2 Disi league atm.If I get some prizes that would cater for a whole clan then CTF will have them as well

W

widdy

ah I got a kick up the arse for ya if you want it ;) lol

W

widdy

hehe ;) maybe able to get you a biro or something lol

T

Tempy_Incursion

Yeah the poor bugger ought to get something! :whip:

O

old.Fatality

In the US league, we got mousepads and a $50 gift certificate for the leader. Our clan is still awaiting the mouse pads though, after 2 or 3 months, lol. :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom