BW Rules

O

old.Hive

i just read the rules of the upcoming league, it says we cant use the ingame global comms?

isnt that a bit harsh? i just thought sometimes its fun to say somink after pulling off an amazing move or suffering such a move ;)

we shouldnt take it toooo seriously ;)

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Yeah thats a bit out of order. I taunt almost automatically after a cap or mid air disc. Its just something some ppl do.

If other teams dont want a bit of friendly chat or taunting then I ask: Should they really be playing?

F

Fergus

This is a rule which has been in place since the Tribes 1 league and has never before been deemed as "out of order" or unnecessary.

Whilst you may feel its harsh, there have been many instances in the past where spam and taunts have been taken too seriously and the chat window then deteriorates into nothing but one on one abuse and the game becomes a farce.

The majority of people may well be able to take a taunt but im sure as we are all aware there are those that cannot.

In order to prevent the above happening, no global spam is currently and has been in the past the best way to prevent it.

This also aids admins in keeping track of what is happening in the game rather than reading line upon line of spam.

Fergus.

O

old.Wils

Fergus is right - spamming some of the global taunts can be the equivalent of yelling 'you suck!' at your opponents all game.

While the occasional taunt might be ok, a line must be drawn somewhere, and for the sake of the admins who have to police rules like this, the safest option is just to ban all global chat messages.

That said, I'd be very surprised if an admin ruled against someone shouting 'Shazbot!' once if they were killed.

O

old.Stabs

What bout local taunting? it doesnt spam text and only those within close proximity can hear it so if anything your giving away your position to the enemy by giving a sound to lock onto, not only this but the animation throws yer aim all over the place for a few secs. None the less i still like it as part of the fun.

Admittedly it is a bugger when your sneaking through an enemy base and someone miles away steps on a mine and my derm has a inexplicable urge to shout out what humans taste like.

F

Fergus

Local taunts are not what cause the problems in the main, its global taunts that end up spamming the chat screen.

As Wils says the rule is not there to ban the first person that says "Shazbot" or "Great Shot" but with there being up to 28 players on the server, as is amply demonstrated on public servers, excessive spam makes any messages hard to read.

The rule is in place to make things easier for everyone not ruin folks enjoyment of the game :)

Fergus.

Oh aye, youll get a warning if you do spam excessively, not just punted off the server ;)

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Thats ok then, I figured it was gonna be like....

KmA_M-A-N-T-I-S captured the Storm flag!
KmA_M-A-N-T-I-S: "AWESOME!"
The admin has kicked KmA_M-A-N-T-I-S

Now that would suck.

F

Fergus

Hehe, I suppose you won't have to worry too much about that, as I can't see that coming up on the screen too often!!

Fergus.

;)

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Hope you mean the kicking part... Cause boy are you in for a surprise ;)

M

Mongrol

Fergus is right always cos he buys me beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom