BW EF - Status Update

S

Starman

Hello BW EF'ers

Also I have spoken to natrat, given him the changes I want for EF. These should be online tomorrow, maybe today but I will post an update when they are online.

The changes include one of each of the XP mods being put up for now. But because of our limited server space the following needs to be taken offline:

2 TDM
1 FFA
1 In2tagib

In its place the following will be put online:

1 Action Hero
1 Elimination
1 Disintegration
1 Specialties
1 Assimilation

Also to the happiness of some, CTF Space will be remove from the rotation of CTF 1 to 4. But will be left on CTF 5 to 7.

All this is by no means permanent I will be reviewing the server setup one month from the day it goes live. So if you have any ideals please email them to me at: eliteforce@barrysworld.com or post on the forum.

I am sorry about the time taken to get these changes online, just I have had some problems with real life :(

But I do hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me :clap:

Regards,
Peter Batten / Starman

D

[DAD]Monty73

Good job Starman! :clap:

It’s a shame that we have to interrupt our gaming for real life things like work etc but what can you do…… I think I’ll check my Lottery numbers from last night……if you see me online more from now on with a ping of 7 you will know what’s happened lol.

The work you do is much appreciated Peter! If we (the gamers) can be of any assistance to you let us know!

See you around m8

[DAD]Monty73

www.dadclan.fsnet.co.uk

N

natrat

It's all done now :)

Refresh the BW EF master or just refresh your old list and the names should change.

I have added the following:

Action Hero (replaces CTF4)
Assimilation (replaces FFA4)
Disintegration (CTF) (replaces TDM3)
Elimination (CTF) (replaces TDM4)
Specialties (CTF) (replaces I2G2)

Let Starman know of any issues/problems, and paologies fori t taking so long.

n

O

old.Dreadnought

grrrrrr u should have put up at least 2 assims and 2 specialties :mad:

i mean yeah, this is a hell of a lot better than b4... but why take away an instagib server u morons, and put up a disintergration?!!??! u should have left disintergration and took away another FFA server... no1 plays on them anymore !!!1 DUH !!!!!!!!!!

jesus get ure act together.....

Dread

S

Starman

look im not in the mood to be shouting it.

ok ive had a bad enough day/month at the moment.

Don't like it, go play somewhere else :upyours:

besides I told you I would be reviewing it all soon.

O

old.Dreadnought

soon..... thats a word we have all heard too often from BW.... with little effect afterwards.......

comon m8, let me be a BW admin, and ill get what every1 wants !!!!!! i was an NGUK admin for over 3 months... and i helped get the XP servers for them and map cycles etc.... no1 complained....

Dread :clap:

N

natrat

Thanks for your constructive feedback dreadnought. I can see your helpful suggestion makes all of us even more willing to get the mods you want online as quickly as possible. </sarcasm>

If you're going to be a twat, post on some other forums. If you want to help me and Starman get the servers up that you want to see, then post a decent suggestion in a decent manner. I don't play STV at all nor even own the expansion pack so I rely on your feedback to determine what servers to put up. Suggestions in the manner you posted above are utterly pointless and point you out as nothing more than an arse.

nathan

Y

Yoni

frustration

dear mr barrysworld

we really do apreciate the new ex pak servers you have put up for us and I can understand why you may feel that some of us have been a lickle ungrateful, however specs for those who play it and I am sure you boyz do, is not much fun 4 perside so the server I feel will not be utilised in its current state :( which means when you come to review it will seem as we dont want it.

Please consider increasing it to 16 people and if I may be so bold please can we have a second instagib server back.

I know I am demanding but I am female after all.

A damsel becoming distressed again

ASTRO :smileysex

N

natrat

Still doesn't tell em what XP servers you actually want...

I'll drop another FFA and put the in2gib back, but you all need to tell me exactly what XP servers you would like to see instead of the ones that are up (ie. 5 servers).

Y

Yoni

now you have opened the flood gates

Thankyou for responing so quickly nat :D

Now what servers would I like theres a question :clap:

I would like all bar the action hero server to hold 16 people and eventually once everyone is aware that europe now have some xpak servers to have two specs servers :D as it was damn popular when nguk were alive.

Thankyou for comming to my rescue - A damsel in less distress

ASTRO

:smileysex

Y

Yoni

I forgot somfin

Please mr barrysworld could the second in2tagib server be CTF

you would make me complete if you would do this for lickle ol me

:strokehea

Fankyou

your damsel in a dress :p

ASTRO:smileysex

Y

Yoni

THANKYOU

Dear Mr Barrysworld

Thankyou very much for what you did today with the epak servers - you have made me one happy lady

your damsel in no dresscool:

ASTRO:smileysex :

C

CAC

Thankyou

Hi all

thankyou very much for sorting the servers out

I dont care what dread says I think ya all ok :p (joke dread!)

Locutus Of Bored:puke:

ps how about instagib tdm?

Y

Yoni

for Starman

(.)(.) - see if you ask you get heheehehehhe

O

old.Dreadnought

sorry for sounding so bad b4....hehe i was just a little pissed, (gettign home from work, etc etc) and i know thats not an excuse.....

well... whats happened? have u changed some servers?!?! do we have like 2 ctf specialties with 16 players max in each? and less FFA or TDM servers? cos no1 goes in them to be honest BW :(

sorry to starman and nat and BW ;) i know u r tryin.... to help us... but u can see where im coming from....cant u?!!? ;)

Dread - thx..

Y

Yoni

New changes

Dread

At the moment we have one of each type of EX Pak mod however Mr barrrysworld did change the Specs ctf to 16 players and give us an in2tagib CTF server.

I am hoping that once they see how popular these are they will change more over to Ex Pak

A Damsel with no stress

O

old.MAS_Iceslim

/me shoves a Watermelon up Dreads arse and says "Moan about that now " :p

O

old.Napalm

Nice One BW Guys

Well done to the BW dudes who sorted this!

Dread's a specials addict like me, it can do strange things to a person lol.

Really greatful for ur work here guys, thanx!

=RD= Mr Nap

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Hi there!

First of all: Thank you very much for supporting my mod IN2TAGIB over there at Barrysworld! B-)

Elimination (CTF) (replaces TDM4)

Does that really make sense? How is it possible to play a decent CTF when Elimination puts every fragged player out of the game?

I think, Elimination should be FFA! So the goal of the game is: The last player/survivor is the winner! (what defines the winner at a CTF+Elimination?)

Just my 2 cents...

Bye,
Lt. Cmdr. Salinga

O

old.Dreadnought

can w eplease vote on the specs and assim servers??!?!?

no1 is goin on them cos we cant get off the crap maps, and this is so even when we r in servers on our own?!?!

plz make us vote somehow, its stuck on ctf_stasis all the time on specs...

Dread

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Voting + Patch 1.2 + Modification of a server

can w eplease vote on the specs and assim servers??!?!?

The problem is that this vote stuff can be used to kick players by only one from a server or change the gametype.

You ca ndo this by make a callvote, and then change between spectator and active player and do a vote "yes" everytime.

If this where EF v1.1 it wouldn't be a problem: BW could do a serverside modification that prevents this and it would be no problem (like NKUK did before the patch).

But since Patch 1.2 EF got this bug where you cannot join a server without having the modificaion installed on the client side also. And this IS a serious bug of Elite Force 1.2. But since Raven do not support that game anymore there is no hope that this bug will be corrected. Never. :-(

But as you see, the IN2TAGIB-Servers allow voting for maps because I included a mode where only votig for maps is on and everything elso cannot be changed by voting. I included this feature especially for public servers. I told BW and they changed the configuration of the mod so voting for maps is on. B-)

But since you have to download a mod to play on a server that runs it, you cannot patch a server without forcing all client to download that mod. :-( That's just ugly. And I must say I'm pretty pissed off against Raven because of this. The patch 1.2 did not do well to Elite Force - it was a hit against it because of the bugs in Multiplayer that came with it. :-(

Bye,
Lt. Cmdr. Salinga

O

old.Napalm

The only other problem with voting is it can totally disrupt the game.

I cant count the amount of times i've been in a match about half way thru, just starting to get interesting before some pleb, who has been arsing about killing his own team as a medic, changes the map to Breach or something.

Often its the case that as soon as u get into this new map, it changes back to the one u were just on lol.

Y

Yoni

I have to say chapz I dont not understand this teckie stuff I am only a mear beancounter however I do agree with dread. I love specs but can find no one that wants to play with me on the current map cycle - please allow us to vote or change the cycle to some which are more exciting like geo 2 and 3

A damsel in distress

ASTRO:sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom