BW Archive?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was just wondering if it would be possible to archive the BW Forums in some way so it could be used as a point of reference?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Plleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeeeee? Even if they don't fit over to here, have them as an archive on their own? Too much history to be lost :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Perhaps it could be nailed to the bottom of the board as a searchable archive like the archive on BW forums, although this might cause problems with user names etc?

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
I've not asked GAME, and I dont know if Deebs has, but the old BW/GAME forum posts are owned by GAME and not something we can just simply add to this forum.
I wouldnt mind an archive of the old forums myself, but I certainly wouldnt want the posts added to these forums, I quite like the fresh start.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sorry guys, we can't. I've got no objection in principle, but the Data Protection Act makes it a fekkin' nightmare, for reasons far too long and tedious to go into here.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It does indeed suck...all that history binned :(

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Ah yes, the DPA, that old chestnut

Hey, love the location Dave ;)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Please tell me that they will at least be saved until this police state we are living in is overthrown and common sense and decency can prevail.

Do not let them get thrown away forever, maybe one day they can return.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Oooooh, DPA... hmmm.

One question on that front: The original Barrysworld Forums were bought by GAME, but all the posts were kept. Ownership and Data Protection obligations for the Barrysworld Forums were transferred from Barrysworld to Game. How is that different from it being transferred back to "Barrysworld"? Ted and DBs were under no less DP obligation than Game, surely?

Will

/bin/su
But at some point the forum signup and the Game accounts were combined. Personal details are now tied into it (maybe). And technically it never changed location to the end user before, while now it is a new forum.

Though I give my permission for you to move my posts over. :)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
dysfunction said:
What if we start cutting and pasting stuff from BW? :D
You would be very very busy for a ver very long time.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Shovel said:
Oooooh, DPA... hmmm.

One question on that front: The original Barrysworld Forums were bought by GAME, but all the posts were kept. Ownership and Data Protection obligations for the Barrysworld Forums were transferred from Barrysworld to Game. How is that different from it being transferred back to "Barrysworld"? Ted and DBs were under no less DP obligation than Game, surely?

Game bought Barrysworld and just about everything that it owned - including personal information. GAME still owns that information, and it can't hand it over to a separate body, or even sell it. Freddyshouse will have to buy GAME.

I've been thinking, what about some kind of bot that would just perform a wildcard search on the old forums, and archive all the results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom