Buying ToA

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Buying ToA To get for The 25th

Sorry to repeat this thread im sure there is already one out there, but i cant find it :mad:

Was just wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a copy of the UK version of ToA and get it for the 25th.

Anyone got any ideas where best to order from please leave info.

Thanks

Stephen

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
Sorry to repeat this thread im sure there is already one out there, but i cant find it :mad:

Was just wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a copy of the UK version of ToA and get it for the 25th.

Thanks

Stephen

ditto, perhaps if you changed the thread title to "Buying ToA in UK for the 25th?" it might help :p

Herjulf

Banned
Calaen said:

Thanks

Stephen

have done this, i ordered it online, from a "large" gamesite.
I checked with them and they said that they would get it a few days before and would send it so that we would have it at home on release day.
With on release day he meant we would have it around the 23rd-24th of february.

Or if u live near a large gameshop who usually are well equipped, check with em so that they have em in stock upon release.

EDIT: note that u willl very likely not be able to register you toa copy anyways for days.
Also expect login problems etc etc etc, same thing with every addon etc.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
have done this, i ordered it online, from a "large" gamesite.
I checked with them and they said that they would get it a few days before and would send it so that we would have it at home on release day.
With on release day he meant we would have it around the 23rd-24th of february.

Or if u live near a large gameshop who usually are well equipped, check with em so that they have em in stock upon release.

EDIT: note that u willl very likely not be able to register you toa copy anyways for days.
Also expect login problems etc etc etc, same thing with every addon etc.

Yes, but WHERE did you order it from? :p

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
I popped into GAME last week to ask when they would be getting it, and its down on there list as in and on sale Tuesday 17th Feb.

But looking back at the trouble i had with getting SI from them not sure if to trust the guy. They told me i couldnt get SI till the friday after the patch because they only put new games on shelves on fridays, but then they did put it out on the wednesday.

This meant i ended up with 2 copies of SI (one ordered online) which made me buy another Classic DAoC and make an evil BB.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Is that the EU version or the US version? There's a few places selling the US version which afaik won't work with ours. Have emailed Game customer support about ToA so maybe I'll get a reply about what is happening...

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
oh yeh, not too sure about that! Tell me what they say about it, in the meantime i used to know the guy who run the gameplay shop so gonna try tracking him down :)

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
Just had a word, and yes it is the US version, so it wont work if u bought ur copy within europe :(

release date for them is 25th, he says they should have it by then!

vendat

Fledgling Freddie
Preordered TOA from play.com last night £17.99 not too bad a price.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
vendat said:
Preordered TOA from play.com last night £17.99 not too bad a price.
Bare in mind play.com take alot longer then mainland uk companies to deliver. Talking 5-8 days because they are based on Jersey.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
I've used Play.com for most of my game purchases , and had the games within 3 days of purchase ( when in stock ) .

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I sent this to Game.net...

Your website has pitiful information on this new expansion due within two
weeks.
Dark Age of Camelot has a sizeable playerbase in the UK, and it would
appreciate being able to pre-order it and for it to arrive on the European
release day (25th February).
I know the sales laws only allow you to release new games on Fridays
(although you got around that last time with the SI expansion) but I believe
you can send out internet purchases to arrive on the release date.
Please can you do this as there are a lot of people who will be very
grateful for this.

They said:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not have much information on this title as we are awaiting
confirmation form the publishers. Please regularly check our website for future
information.

We do despatch pre-orders the day before release so you should receive them on
the day of release.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards
Andrew Halford
Customer Services Advisor
Game Stores Group Ltd

:rolleyes:

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup, pitiful advertising from Goa as usual. If GOA don't tell the retailers the release date or information about the game theres not much they can do.

vendat

Fledgling Freddie
Yes im pretty sure its euro version also they take only 2-3 days on games for delivery.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Yup, pitiful advertising from Goa as usual. If GOA don't tell the retailers the release date or information about the game theres not much they can do.

Maybe the US feedback is having an impact. stores wary of stocking it? Amazon.com reviews are poor as was and the US PC GAmer review wasn't exactly overwhelming. Maybe that accounts for it not being listed on amazon.co.uk etc. ToA is now being offered with a $10 mail in rebate in the US as well - maybe there is a disagreement about price. Then again maybe it is the GoA advertising. Something doesn't seem right.

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
o0o0o thats gonna piss off 2 of my m8's who pre-ordered it a full day at £17.99 from play :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
gruand said:
play.com ahave dropped their prices for TOA etc.

TOA for £14.99 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=156876

DAOC Gold pack for £24.99 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=156997

and the Collectors edition for £34.99 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=156998

Significantly below the 'suggested' prices quoted by Wanadoo of 30, 50 and 80 Euros )so roughly 20, 33, 53 pounds). Still not available on Amazon.co.uk either.

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
Monkee said:
o0o0o thats gonna piss off 2 of my m8's who pre-ordered it a full day at £17.99 from play :p

Not really, they can cancel and re-order at the cheaper price :) I've done that with Play and DVDs before when they suddenly go into the sale. One good thing about it being a pre-order :)

I did notice that Play's listing said 'one free month's play included' - which I'm assuming is meant to be on collector's and gold editions as opposed to just on TOA. Weird.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Ailil said:
I did notice that Play's listing said 'one free month's play included' - which I'm assuming is meant to be on collector's and gold editions as opposed to just on TOA. Weird.

This is an error on Play's behalf and does, as you assume, apply only to the collectors and gold editions.

Also Goa are working on making sure Amazon.co.uk have Toa in stock but this is really Wanadoo's fault rather than Goas and they are working to resolve it.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Ailil said:
Not really, they can cancel and re-order at the cheaper price :) I've done that with Play and DVDs before when they suddenly go into the sale. One good thing about it being a pre-order :)
no need to cancel and re-order as the price-change also affects already pre-ordered items (I just checked my preorder) :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom