Help Buying Shares

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyone have any experience in buying and selling shares?

My wife has just had a business meeting in London and was handed a hush hush tip, but I have no idea even where to begin :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
iii.co.uk - and well done you've just admitted to conspiracy to commit insider trading.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My advice and experience in buying and selling shares, is to not listen to other people's advice in buying and selling shares.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ooops - and my brother is a trading cop for the FSA :D

Calaen

Looking at it I already need to be a millionaire in order to buy enough shares to see a worthwhile profit anyway.

Pile of shite.

rynnor

Rockhound
Dont forget Capital Gains Tax and tax payable on dividends :p

I would wait for the next BP bad news then buy BP shares - its an incredibly undervalued share currently - imo ofc.

If you do want to buy shares go for a self dealing share isa - if you do make any gains they wont be taxable.

Calaen

Ooops - and my brother is a trading cop for the FSA :D

I'm suprised he's still in a job after letting the banks get away with day light robbery for so long :p

Calaen

Dont forget Capital Gains Tax and tax payable on dividends :p

I would wait for the next BP bad news then buy BP shares - its an incredibly undervalued share currently - imo ofc.

If you do want to buy shares go for a self dealing share isa - if you do make any gains they wont be taxable.

Oh that sounds interesting, cann you point me in a sensible direction to find out more info?

Calaen

much appreciated!

taB

Part of the furniture
Sod shares - buy wine. Pagodes de Cos 2009 released today at £400 - a mere 60% price increase on the near comparable quality 2008. Bargain...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
well done you've just admitted to conspiracy to commit insider trading.

Like insider trading doesn't go on all the time. The higher up you get, the more it happens...

Calaen

It's all just text to me anyway. I'll stick to just spending money on myself over gambling it to be honest.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm suprised he's still in a job after letting the banks get away with day light robbery for so long :p

He's not been there that long ;)

Calaen

Ah new blood!!! Anyway tell him to buy shares in Thundercats I hear it's going to explode!

Marc

FH is my second home
Im in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I know of a company that is going to become a PLC soon. I also know the industry that the company is in and I know that within 5 years of flotation, the share price will rocket, but im unsure wether its insider trading or not if I was to buy shares on flotation

Calaen

Well fucking tell me then :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Do you even understand the consequences?

No, I meant as to wether it is insider trading. Basically, they were clients of ours, and I was the audit manager for 4 years. Because they want to float they changed accountants to a bigger firm so when they actually float, I wont have anything to do with the company. My boss reckons its not insider trading but im not so sure.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
They are not currently a listed company and have no shares trading right now so having knowledge of them is of no importance. When they float you are perfectly entitled to buy some shares if you think the price is good and they have good prospects, no insider trading angle there.

Marc

FH is my second home
They are not currently a listed company and have no shares trading right now so having knowledge of them is of no importance. When they float you are perfectly entitled to buy some shares if you think the price is good and they have good prospects, no insider trading angle there.

Sweeeet!

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Im in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I know of a company that is going to become a PLC soon. I also know the industry that the company is in and I know that within 5 years of flotation, the share price will rocket, but im unsure wether its insider trading or not if I was to buy shares on flotation

It'll most likely be linked to how you came across the information. Has it been announced to the public? Or is it just the 'knowledge' (referred to as if it were a tangible item) getting leaked via 3rd parties from someone supposedly directly involved?

If it's the latter, it's a form of stealing if I remember correct.

If suspected they'll probably assess the remoteness of you buying shares to the situation. Whether you want to risk it is another thing.

Marc

FH is my second home
It'll most likely be linked to how you came across the information. Has it been announced to the public? Or is it just the 'knowledge' (referred to as if it were a tangible item) getting leaked via 3rd parties from someone supposedly directly involved?

If it's the latter, it's a form of stealing if I remember correct.

If suspected they'll probably assess the remoteness of you buying shares to the situation. Whether you want to risk it is another thing.

The infomation hasnt been announced to the public no. The info I have is from my time as audit manager and all the meetings I had with the directors during the audit

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
No, I meant as to wether it is insider trading. Basically, they were clients of ours, and I was the audit manager for 4 years. Because they want to float they changed accountants to a bigger firm so when they actually float, I wont have anything to do with the company. My boss reckons its not insider trading but im not so sure.

The consequences remark was aimed more at Calaen. I hope he realises it's not like a tip on a horse race. These things have serious consequences.

@ Marc Now you've said audit manager, that adds a bit of spice to the whole independence mix :| Working in audit myself I'd go with no. Just no :p

As an auditor, the authorities would probably deem your duty of care regarding insider trading would be expected to be higher than that of an 'average man'.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
..."knowing" the share price will rocket...well, nothing is guaranteed!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

No it's not.

It's called common sense, and businessmen use it all the time.

If you're sure its shares won't just hit the floor then buy buy buy :)

..."knowing" the share price will rocket...well, nothing is guaranteed!

Yep. Every director of a company that's about to float thinks the share price is going to go up....

Chilly

Balls of steel
225.jpg

Calaen

The consequences remark was aimed more at Calaen. I hope he realises it's not like a tip on a horse race. These things have serious consequences.

I've already counted myself out, it's far too much fuck on for a simple guy like myself.

I imagine it goes on though everyday. And it is a gamble after all!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy

@ Marc Now you've said audit manager, that adds a bit of spice to the whole independence mix :| Working in audit myself I'd go with no. Just no :p

As an auditor, the authorities would probably deem your duty of care regarding insider trading would be expected to be higher than that of an 'average man'.

I have no idea about shares but have always thought about buying them. What do you mean by "consequences"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom