Buying a TV.

U

Ukle

I know 2 people who own the Panasonic one and its a damn good T.V. been thinking about getting one myself as been that impressed by it. Especially considering you can get it at the moment from Empire Direct for £700... £200 cheaper than the John Lewis price.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=PAN-TX32PS12C&clear=

/edit: just noticed the john lewis one includes a DVD player as well so is not as bad as i first thought but still a lot more expensive than you can get it for.

L

leggy

Never ever ever order from empire direct.

For the sake of mankind nooooo!

N

nath

The sony one doesn't seem to do 100hz so steer clear.

There's a toshiba 32inch that does ntsc and pal progressive scan, can't remember which but it's supposed to be very good and is around your price range.

Best thing to do is buy a few what hifi's and read some reviews.

U

Ukle

Originally posted by leggy
Never ever ever order from empire direct.

For the sake of mankind nooooo!

Why? Ordered a fridge and Sony surround system from them and they were great, and one of the people i know got there Panasonic TV from them hence reason why i linked them, and they never had any problems.

E

ECA

Looks like we're going with a Panasonic from John Lewis, you get stand + dvd player + 5 year warranty, that costs 200 quid from empire anyway :/

L

L_Plates

I bought i 28 inch widescreen very similar to the 1st link and got it for 250 quid. With a stand.

I suppose what im saying is keep looking you can get a better deal than them.

W

whipped

I have that Panasonic TV. It's a lovely machine, the only drawback being that the gun that comes with Time Crisis 3 doesn't work on it :(

Users who are viewing this thread