Busted. Teenage Kicks. Oh God.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I know no-one likes Busted. I know that we've all done our best to forget their existence and that they don't matter.

However. I was unlucky enough to see them perform Teenage Kicks on Top Of The Pops. I wanted to cry. None of them can sing, but they can't do a rock-star 'get away with not being able to sing' either. The solo was never very complicated, yet still they managed to take out most of the notes and kill it... Woe is me.

Is there anything we can do to stop the carnage? And before you suggest it, someone else had the TV remote.

mank!

Part of the furniture
THEY DID IT AGAIN?

Once is bad enough, but twice? My god. I'm off to slash my wrists.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Christ, they really really are absolutely wank, they even murdered what was a half decent song.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Mank, it's at number 1 in the chart...

Damn, I just signed your death certificate with that, didn't I?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
And there's some ghastly cover of "I get by with a little help from my friends" at number 2. I've managed not to hear that recently though. Thank fuck.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Did they do it in the awful 'heavy rock' voice they tried on the brits?

As for the 'little help from my friends, it's bad but there've been soo much worse. :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
Oh please.

Teenage kicks holds some sentimental value to alot of people but it is in no way a good song. It isn't even sung well. Fegal Sharky can fuck off.

Stop crying about it and stop watching bollocks like the brits. That way you won't have anything to moan about.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
but then neitehr would you ;)

Teenage Kicks is an awesome song, musically good? DOesn't matter!! ZEITGEIST of 70s punk or something.

mank!

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
Oh please.

Teenage kicks holds some sentimental value to alot of people but it is in no way a good song. It isn't even sung well. Fegal Sharky can fuck off.

Stop crying about it and stop watching bollocks like the brits. That way you won't have anything to moan about.

It doesn't need to be good musically to be a good song, the fact is that it's a fucking classic and Busted have not only murdered it just the once, but twice. There ought to be a law against crap bands covering good songs.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Who said anything about musically good?

I merely said it was shite.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
maxi said:
but then neitehr would you ;)

Teenage Kicks is an awesome song, musically good? DOesn't matter!! ZEITGEIST of 70s punk or something.

Yeah its a great song really, even if it only has one verse :)

Zeitgeist ? Hmm, for me Id say the greatest punk song of all time would be New Rose by the Damned, or Holiday in the Sun by the Pistols. Thats a subject thats almost a thread on its own, if anyone could be arsed to post on it :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
Who said anything about musically good?

I merely said it was shite.

You're talking shit for the sake of it then, which is nothing new.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Who the fuck are busted?

Or should I be content in my ignorance?

mank!

Part of the furniture
Ignorance is very definitely bliss in this occasion nath.

leggy

Probably Scottish
mank said:
You're talking shit for the sake of it then, which is nothing new.

Fuck off mank you pretentious little shite and take your tongue out maxi's arse hole while you're at it.

cock

p.s. It's called an opinion which you would no nothing about. Being that you have everyone else's.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Now now, I believe it was you that started the agression with

leggy said:

So manks belated agressive retort was fairly justified. So calm down, and have a banana.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Music threads make baby Jesus cry.

leggy

Probably Scottish
nath said:
So manks belated agressive retort was fairly justified. So calm down, and have a banana.

Stop being an idiot. I was pissed off with the "oh nothing new there then" comment. I wasn't rising to the aggresive retort, merely the way he put his point across as a personal attack.

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Their cover of it at the Brits was GOOD. Infidels.

mank!

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
Stop being an idiot. I was pissed off with the "oh nothing new there then" comment. I wasn't rising to the aggresive retort, merely the way he put his point across as a personal attack.

Let's just forget it, eh? The comment I made was rather dickheadish and yes I accept your point about putting my point across as a personal attack, but I thought you were being blunt for the sake of being blunt.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They played Busted on a Saturday night in our Student Nightclub. I will deffinetly be complaing to the union reps.

Never seen a dance floor clear so quickly. DJ went straight on to play Britney Spears. *sigh*. Some people.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only Busted fan in here????.....whoops.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom