Burnout Paradise

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
alright guys, who's up for a flatspin challenge?

Mine's on 666 atm.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The demo is up on EU PSN. Downloading as we speak (had to watch Golden Compass, wish I hadn't...)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
what's powerparking?

been playing this demo for 3 hours or so, lol. It's great fun online actually

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
i managed to play for 10 minutes this morning (damn 39 week pregnant wife wanting attention :touch: ) and just did a bit of driving round and online play, the online play was great although i don't think any of us knew what we were doing, but it was like the best game of bumpercars ever! Can't wait to get stuck in to the full version now!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
so what are peeps getting this on ps3 or 360?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
360 here.

the ps3 version is a tiny bit better. The framerate on the 360 version drops a little every now and then appearently, but it's honestly not noticeable (I've not seen it myself).

sayward

Resident Freddy
The demo is up on EU PSN. Downloading as we speak (had to watch Golden Compass, wish I hadn't...)

Golden Compass wasn't too bad, took my daughter. Anyway Deebs you can look forward to the next two films as it's a trilogy. You should read the books, they knock spots off Harry Potter!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You should read the books, they knock spots off Harry Potter!

Would prefer to kick the shit out of Harry Potter but I will settle for knocking the arrogant little bastards spots off!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
so what are peeps getting this on ps3 or 360?

I am going to have to spend a bit more time with both demos before I decide. Got soo many friends on Live though, and so few on psn.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I just cancelled my pre-order, hate TDU and liked the latest burnouts so I think I'll avoid this! Oh well I had such high hopes... :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's a bit odd. tbh I prefer Burnout 3 or Revenge still...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
It's a bit odd. tbh I prefer Burnout 3 or Revenge still...
I'm dissapointing they didn't add the crash mode equivilent into the demo, the crash junctions were the most fun in the old version.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What Wij said, Burnout 3 for me was amazing. I am dissapointed that this is not more like it. That said, it is very difficult to get much out of such a short demo. I will buy it and give it a chance.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What can I say, spent a fair few hours playing the game this weekend and it just keeps growing on me.

Online is great fun too, thanks Lecterofmoo and Ymanti. So who else here has the PS3 version of Paradise? For some of the online challenges you need up to 8 people at a time online!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
liked the demo but giving the game a miss, most of the time i prefer to play mp games after midnight when hardly anyone on xbl and psn is online

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
took this back tooday..was a nice polished game, the free roaming ruined it for me though, i really disliked the 'you are HERE//race to HERE!' style of racing...i just want one way to go :/ i kept fucking taking wrong turns..not that fun

Aada

Part of the furniture
took this back tooday..was a nice polished game, the free roaming ruined it for me though, i really disliked the 'you are HERE//race to HERE!' style of racing...i just want one way to go :/ i kept fucking taking wrong turns..not that fun

Not into the whole making your own way then?

Starman

Part of the furniture
Indeed I disliked the whole need for speed style also. But The Club isn't half as bad as I thought in the end a bargain at £20 :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH

nah not at all ;d which is a shame- i found it really annoying to keep watching the map/arrow when driving..i still managed to be raping them and then go some retarded way and loose :[ shame really, i loved the other burnouts

bob269

Fledgling Freddie

That's not entirely true tho, if you take a wrong turn or alternative route 9 times out of 10 you'll lose the race as the other racers always take the most direct route.

It's a nice idea but doesn't really work.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
To celebrate Burnout Paradise, Electronic Arts Inc. today announced a special Game with Fame Valentine's Day event on the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. This event will give couples a chance to play with Hollywood's hottest dynamic duo; Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, stars of MTV's The Hills. On February 12th from 9:00pm - 12:00am PST, Xbox LIVE Gold members can score an opportunity to play with Heidi and Spencer, grab their Mugshots, and gain fame on the roads of Paradise City. Players will also have an opportunity to chat and play with Burnout Paradise producer Craig Sullivan and other surprise guest celebrities.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've bagged all the trophies for this a couple of weeks ago (being a tight-arse I am squeezing all the gameplay I can out of my existing games rather than buy new ones :)) and can confirm that you don't need to set up games with friends to get them. You can do them easily with randoms as long as you control the game, not someone else. Even the 8 players in the stadium one (although you will have to kick time-wasters.)

The only one I need is the invite a friend to play one. Noone that I know plays anymore.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have this game. If it will help you get your last trof I'll stick it in the old ps/3 :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I have this game. If it will help you get your last trof I'll stick it in the old ps/3 :)

Cool. You can just stick the disk in and leave the game at titles. I'll invite you when I get to my PS3. You don't have to accept :)

If you've not played in while you'll get some free expansions and nice changes like replaying the last mission. Treat their customers well they do.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I remember they updated very often with stuff. Excellent aftercare imo.

Who knows, I might have a go tonight :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can see you on the PS3 but not in the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom