Burn Notice

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its just MacGuyver really :D

Or, MacGuyver with even more extra thick cheese on.

But its got Bruce Campbell \o/

I've watched 3 episodes now. Despite a distinct lack of zap guns and aliens it shows promise.

Without giving any of the emerging plot away, does this series go anywhere? I mean in the same way that Lost really doesn't. If the plot arc has a destination then I'm thinking I'll stick with it for those times I'm looking for brain disengage, but if its another X-Files-Not-Going-Anywhere-But-Make-You-Think-It-Is type then I'll drop it faster than a hot rock.

Really would like some zap guns and aliens though

<sigh>

No, not drunk. Its very late and I'm bored at work :D

Could a mod move this to General please.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have watched 2 seasons now (minus one episode, the last one that will come on friday) and sure it goes somewhere but if it will end after season 2 I don't know but he is making progress, but still all those assignments/helping is a theam that goes all the way through... But I agree it is a good serie, not like all the other series out there.. =)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Aye its an awesome show, of course any show with Bruce Campell is awesome, its a mix between McGuyver and the A-Team, just great fun under the Miami sun, its true Michael keep getting info on who burned him but they all turns into dead ends, so we really dont know yet, but still good fun and Shanks who played Jackson in Star Gate is great as a villain spy in season two.

But stick with the show its good fun and so far im not annoyed by it like certain other shows <atm watching Battlestar just to finish it, really gone downhill>.

But my guess is that its Michaels Dad that burned him :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's a good series.

Seasons 1+2 are a bit slow and in fact the intrigue level only gets notched up at the end of season 2. Not a bad show though and improves from start to finish.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
New season starts tonight, the guest star this season is Burt fuckin Reynolds.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I didn't realise season 3 was actually out, so am trying to catch up with that first.

Athan

Resident Freddy
New season starts tonight, the guest star this season is Burt fuckin Reynolds.

Well at least the first episode had a very brief cameo by an actually good actor.

Michael Ironside as an arms dealer.

So far, so good with this episode. Michael doing what he does, and a fair few laughs etc. :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's a great show tbh, bit samey in places but well worth sticking with. :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Avoiding spoilers. Hopefully watching this tonight, really looking forward to it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just caught all the previous seasons of this and just started on season 4...

It's good stuff!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Will someone please tell me what else I've seen the actor who plays Marv (Jesse's ex boss) in? I can't find any reference to him on imdb or any cast lists and it's driving me slightly mad. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Richard Kind - Spin City was probably the most memorable, but he's been in loads of stuff.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah thanks Ch3t, I just googled "burn notice" marv out of desperation and it is indeed Spin City I remember as well as his voice in A Bug's Life. :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I loved Spin City!
That was a great TV program and Richard Kind's character in that was excellent!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah he's been in loads of stuff.
<3 Sin City.

Burn notice was annoying me but it's gone a bit more serious even though the client per episode quota is still there :p

There is a Sam Axe spinoff movie coming out apparently - which is good as this was the best scene in burn notice so far ( if you've ever seen an ep of CSI:Miami ).

YouTube - Bruce Campbell CSI

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
For me, the best Brucie moment so far is...

Very nervous bad guys with guns in house after being set up to believe they're backstabbing each other. Sam's in the garden and shoots a bullet into the ground. Next thing there's a flurry of gunfire in the house as the nervous bad guys shoot the shit out of each other.

The look on Bruce Campbell's face is hilarious :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lost my way with the show towards the end of season 2, will have to pick it up again over the Christmas holidays.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Wheeeeeeeeeee pretty damn good double episode finale.

zomg he's back in!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, the final 3 episodes were very good

I love it when they bring back the true baddass enemies. Larry and Brennan were class. Merv's death was quality, the look on his face and the sweat beading on his face.

I was getting a bit tired of the lovers tiff's at the end of every series, and glad they changed it slightly this time.

Next season should be good, they had to put him back in, it wouldn't have worked with another season of the same. I wonder if Jessie got back in as well? The dynamic with his friends will be interesting now he's working for the man again.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
oh fuck the spoilers :p

I think there'll be a season or two of him working inside and some hudge conspiracy and he realises he wants to work outside again.

it's been renewed for 2 more seasons already but honestly can you see it lasting more than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom