BunnyHop- cheat or not?

O

old.Wriggly40

I would like to know... is bunnyhopping classed as a cheat in bwtflc?

Plz.. i would like yur views.

I am learing the "Skill" (as some ppl call it) so i was wondering if it was worth it?

I know it can really annoy some ppl.

cya's all ...

;)

umm.jpg

M

Moön

I personally agree with past comments about this

: Its against the spirit of a class based game that tfc is

: Its an exploit of the engine and was not intended to be part of tfc

: It shifts the balance of the game

Some people will do what ever is neccasary to win a match and that means bunny hoping, as far as I know its not against any rules in bwtfcl but I've heard you can get kicked for it by some admins on the public server's .

Some say you have to do it these days just to compete but I hear it's either being removed or adjusted in the next patch so learning it may not be worth while if you find it hard .

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7723

O

old.Mr War

as far as im aware there is no rule against it, but you will find all the top prem clans will always bhop

O

old.DeerHunter

As i've said in other threads, BW TFC in general does not class bunnyhopping as a cheat. This means that the server cvars will be kept as they are for the time being on both the League and Public servers. Noone will be kicked from a BW Public TFC server for bunnyhopping, despite many ppl telling me i will be. :p

O

old.Slinkster

It's a bug, not a cheat
End of story
makes defending interesting

M

Moön

Originally posted by Slinkster
It's a bug, not a cheat
End of story

hmm that hardly sums it up does it what about all the other issue's it has, the fact its an exploit and not a cheat or hack does that make it right, I mean class speed's were limited for a reason yeh .

Someone found a bug and exploited it to get the advantage of much faster speed and this has carried through from quake to halflife including tfc (a class based game), bunnyhoping is against the spirit of this class based game because the class's have limited speed to keep them balanced .

for instance bunnyhoping offensive hwg that fly past your sg and get to your flag room unhindered or the defending ones that catch up with scouts leaving the base with the flag, then whats the point in having a scout ?

Its almost like playing your games on the easy setting or with the cheats on if you ask me (no fun) and I think its far from end of story .

A

Afx

Moon theres a new patch out soon that removes it....Point of moaning about it on here now with the patch imminent?
End of story this time methinks.

M

Moön

Originally posted by 1Moon

I hear it's either being removed or adjusted in the next patch so learning it may not be worth while if you find it hard .

And I don't see any reason why people can't continue to discuss their feelings on it just because it is romoured to be removed in the next patch :)

Oh yeh and its not like there's much else going on on this forum :(

E

echo

apparently it wont be removed because that would knacker the conc/rjumps, and it is being removed in 1.1.0.8 for CS, but only reduced in TFC. but time will tell. personally i cant stand bunnyhoppers because it ruins the idea of classes working together as a team using their individual advantages - but there's no point whining about it really as no-one can stop it happening until Valve sort it. We came up against bunnyhoppers in the playoffs, even though we were 2 down, but cest la vie, nothing i'm gonna do about it now.

what does piss me off is seeing certain clans only recruiting bunnyhoppers, regardless of real talent, so long as they can bunnyhop. when(if?) this is removed i feel sorry for those clans who rely on it, they will fall straight out of the arse of the league and will not get anywhere.

hmm... yaddayaddayadda :) :eek:

O

old.Wriggly40

Bunnyhopping only gets you there faster.. if you have not got any skill.. what do you do when u get there?

Concentrating on bunnyhopping is not a good idea!!

E

echo

what i meant to say is that the clans who rely on bunnyhopping so they can go straight through a defence almost unnoticed when playing, will suffer immensely when they have to actually work their way through as a team, not just fly past sentries and defenders on their own

M

Moön

Its kinda like the crouch jump thing thier like "I'm 1337 cos I crouch when I jump making me a harder target", hmm yeh thats skill that is hmmm yeh! :rolleyes:

E

echo

makes me glad i cant do it so i havent got to rely on it :)

M

Mörgoth

Heh.. it does slightly more than get you there faster. Bunnyhopping in combination with conc jumps (usually) on the maps Well, Monkey and Rock in particular can get you completely past the first line of defense. Not all the time, but against a good fd def on well espcially, bhoping is a must.

Anyway, the only way to get *true* class speeds is for everyone to pretty much never strafe, jump, strafe-run into flat surfaces, never turn mid jump. Um. As far as I'm concerned, it makes attacking and defending more interesting in that it speeds the whole thing up. It bloody kills me to "run" from base to base, which is more like walking there compared to bhopping. Same with defense, it pisses me off when I get killed coz I'm leaving some area open to attack but on most maps I can get back there quicker because of bhopping. It's not terribly difficult if you use a mousewheel for jump, and it's only being reduced to 140% or something of the class speed, so that you can't go any faster than that, in the patch.

I'd learn it if I were you. Well more than any other map benefits hugely from it.

E

echo

im not gonna learn it because that would be incredibly hypocritical of me after slagging it off :) as a defender i dont really need it that much anyway, and with my shite fps and 56k modem i doubt if i could manage it anyway :)

E

eliminator

Without looking at the previous posts my views are that b'hopping is a skill, and not a cheat.
Ask any b'hopper and they'll tell you they practiced and practiced more to get it right.
A cheat in my book is something, which anyone can take advantage of to get the upper hand, but a skill is something a minority learn in order to get the upper hand, just my thoughts.

O

old.P1nkie

I personally feel bunnyhopping is pure skill and since I have that skill I will bunnyhop wether you or anyone else likes it or not :)

It's not a cheat and if you cant do it.. then learn it! People should stop complaining just because their fingers dont work in that motion :D

Don't worry guys and gals out there who are struggling.. It'll come natrual to you one day :p (The day before it's patched out)

Roflmao! :E

Good Luck and have fun.

O

old.Carwash

i aint bein patched out.... well not completely .

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

How can you say its a skill?

Hi

My views are well known on this issue! If lets say a scout had a rocket launcher and soliders armour, you would agree that this was a cheat!

If i told you a HWGUY could move at the same speed as a scout, would you not see this as a bug/cheat call it what ever you like.

Face facts, why would the TFC game builders go to all the trouble of having a speed resitricitons on classes? Answer to balance the game.

Another thing that gets on my tits while i am at it ;) Is that people seem to forget that tfc worked fine before BH was found. A lot of people say they are going to leave TFC if they take the BH out. I ask why! The fact they have found a way to exploit a bug in the game is no reason to slam the rest of the game!

I incase you can't tell I can't BH :) I will never BH on the principle that it is cheating, if you cheat here, where does it stop? A spy out fit for a HWGUY? Or maybe a scout with a det pack? Hell why not rewrite the entire game?

However each person has to make there own mind up on this. But i feel if you delude yourself into thinking its not then well i can't see what stops you from wall hacking etc.........

O

old.DeerHunter

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Fonz, just as long as you don't go onto a BW server spamming that every bhopper is a cheat then it'll be fine.

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

Ack i don't do that :(

I just deal with it and piss the b hoppers off by wasting there sorry arses :)

O

old.[SCW]Nessie

Yup, I can vouch that Fonz wastes BHers sorry asses. Afterall, he does it to mine (and this has nothing to do with gay antics).

:p

M

Mörgoth

As for ppl who claim they'll leave tfc and all that blather once bhoping is toned down... I think that'll be mainly attackers. Def can cope with moving a bit slower more easily than offense can. Valve seem to be doing everything in their power to make it harder to play TFC at a faster pace. Faster TFC = more fun. The more time it takes for an offense to cross the nml, the more time they're doing something tedious and boring, the more time there is for backtracking to take place. Wtf is your problem that you condemn bhopping just coz (a) you can't do it and (b) you bring up the tiresome old arguments about class speeds being relative. Bhopping HW faster than a scout ffs, yes if you have an amazing bhopper playing the HW and the scout doesn't know how to move forward except using the +forward key. People take time to learn a skill that makes the game faster and more entertaining to play and ppl like you come along and say it's a frickin cheat. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that ppl like you all work for Valve who persistently seem to want to kill off the attraction of a fast paced ctf game that TFC actually is!

O

old.Carwash

Some good points made there Morgoth, i totally agree.

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

By these words I think that you want to turn our beloved TFC into some sort of 3D Quake shoot em up? We have a great deal of fast paced frag action games like quake, quake arena etc TFC has a unique quantities that bring you back to it time and time again. It is also a team based game which quake does not always prompt as well as TFC, I grant you publics are not always a team effort :\

For me I love these aspects of the game, the teamplay prompted by classes, the unique feel of the game, the way the game develops as the players develop with it. The support that valve gives to the community. TFC is also balanced by set by the classes and speed rules. I feel the key point of rule is that no one player can do it all.

Valve have now taken a stance on how to balance the game back to how they see it should be. They have done this once before if you remember when concussion jumping was classed as cheating and other said it was a skill. Value took the ability(cheat/skill) and change it to fit in with TFC. This has now been adapted into the game, and everyone has forgetton the whole thing. I see the same thing is going to happen with BH.

Valve are going to leave BH in TFC and take it out CS. Thus valve are restoring balance to both games as they see fits with the original vision of the game. Valve clearly feel that the BH has a part to play in TFC but not CS and BH should not dominate the field of play as it currently does.

Anyone saying that a team of 4 BH players on offensive is not awesome to watch I invite you play (DTM or BC) these are the best clans i have played with this ability(cheat/skill) and have perfect grenade timing as well.

With all this in mind i can see no reason to fear change. Its coming please deal with it. Please bear in mind the last changes readdress the problems in the game and the game is still kicking. I think we can trusts valves judgement in these things, and hell if they get it wrong they are only human :)

No doubt some new skill/ability/cheat will be found shortly............ and this will all fall by the way side in dusty dust balls.

I await my flaming............................

O

old.DeerHunter

All i really want to see in the next patch is fixes for the hundreds of bugs that many people have found in the game. Not just using external programs or hacks :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom