Building Developments

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
I dunno if any of you know anything about this but youre normally quite knowledgable.

so theres a building development behind my house for some new council flats (the joys). and theres a housing estate next to this building site and some kids from said estate are going into the half complete building and throwing shit all over. they chucked some stuff our way so obviously im a bit concerned.

the question is: whose responsibility is it to secure the building site; and if something happens to my house as a result of lack of security over there (say, a broken window by some flying rocks) who is liable? any bit of law i can throw at them if they get arsey?

thanks

ps dont you just hate shitty kids?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its normally the responsibility of the main contractor to arrange security (although the landowner is also liable), and the responsibility of the police to arrest anyone causing damage. Its also your responsibility to phone the police whenever you see something going on, and if someone gets on that site and chucks a rock at your house the only person you have any recourse against is the person who chucked the rock.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Main Contractor is normally responsible for the site (i.e. it's generally a requirement on them to make it secure).

See if they have a poster up for this: http://www.considerateconstructorsscheme.org.uk/htm-whatwedo/practice.htm
if they do then complain through them on the grounds of safety because that'll more than likely really fuck up the contractor and put a rocket up their arse to sort the site out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom