Bugs in Catacombs

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
So far I've noticed 2 ...

Most annoying is trying to use market lister and select the option to display items that have Any Catacombs bonuses...
250+ pages of items, even unSC'd player crafted items show up... :flame:

Second one regards the savage - not getting the different colors in the hit animation depending on what style you're using...
At least it works with warrior & paladin etc.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Iwe noticed 2 aswell, sometimes the taskdungeons is totally clear theres nothing in them.

Second its an annoying bug that only seems to happen on my savages leg armour, I got the highest tier crafted legs but they look like the lowest tier. Also when I had the lowest tier studded armour, it looked like hib reinforced legs Oo

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if it is a bug, but Erinys Charm no longer displays its bonus's when its slotted into place.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
For some reason they've decided to put a belt graphic on top of yer hauberk. My Eirene's Hauberk now looks like shit...

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
Not sure if it is a bug, but Erinys Charm no longer displays its bonus's when its slotted into place.

Thats a change afaik..it still works etc ;)

/Dracus

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
you need to check you're bonus screan where you see yo'ure resists etc...

you will +2 to power regeneration and +6 to hp regeneration and it works better to i think

Corran

Part of the furniture
all characters and npc have got no arms or feet for me :( Quite odd. All trying to turn into the invisible man it seems

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
OK starting from the top:

The issue on the Market Explorer is one we have already reported back to Mythic and we're waiting for a fix.

Effect style colours: I've noticed chains now have the same colour on some classes and some colours have been changed on other styles

Task dungeons: When you get to only having one mob try walking around the dungeon very lose to the walls or if you have it try aoe. We've reported it from our end but this is still something Mythic is working on on their own servers as well.

The problem with the armour skins, I haven't heard of it I've written it down and when I get into work I'll hand it over.

Erinys Charm I think I missed what you were trying to say... is it not delving correctly or are you just not getting the display in your top chat box when you equip it?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Effect style colours: I've noticed chains now have the same colour on some classes and some colours have been changed on other styles

Well, test a savage, missing colours on all styles I tried out

And nice to know you're on the problems ;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
erinys thingy got changed this patch so instead of being like a buff it is instead a bonus much like serenity / pom instead of an actual active buff.

York

Fledgling Freddie
Few ive observed.

1. Beard Bug
2. Task dungeon - Mobs aggro through walls
3. Task dungeon - Line of sight is all screwed up, for example, you can be stood right in front of a mob yet cant see it. (hopefully this problem will be sorted when they introduce the expanded caster freindly task dungeons, next patch)
4. Heretic - gets stuck in animation during focus spell

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
A couple of weird stuff I've noticed with my warlock ... if I try to load chamber while I have something targetted, but the target is out of sight, the loading fails but I have no messages at all and it gets stuck till I use the chamber key again. And I still have a chamber icon after ress if I was killed before firing it but the chamber will not work ... right clicking it will remove it as usual.

Also, there are really too many spots in the mines where one can fall and can only use /stuck, but I guess that's something will have to live with. Once I lagged on one those iron ladders and started climbing it from the wrong side (wall side) ... got totally stuck.

Considering the size of this expansion, it's relatively bug free ... again, thanks USA players for debugging it so well :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
armour bugging on my vamp dyeing armour pieces different colors and all of them appearing the same color(weird), not always tho and usually fixes on a relog, appears the same color to other players as well not just me

duplicate npcs in towns and tnn in hib, literally 2 of the same npc standing there on the same spot, can interact with them both(weird)

one of the low lvl HoT spells on my vamp when used in combat the vamp actually uses the whole casting animation rather than just casting on left hand while still in melee animations

sometimes I will cast HoT while running along and vamp will adopt casting animation as tho I am standing still, effect is me sliding along the ground while casting(looks retarded)

sometimes when accessing the instant dungeons in the rift where you enter through cracks in the floor I just fall through the cracks and plummit into the abyss lol. sometimes after a while of floating in nowhere it actually loads the instance, other times i have to /stuck or restart pc. doesnt happen alot but still happens.

thats about all ive seen so far do with them what you please :)

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
Krakatau said:
Well, test a savage, missing colours on all styles I tried out

And nice to know you're on the problems ;)

its been like that forever and a day.

they work with slash claws, but not with thrust.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Task dungeon and instance dungeon mobs droping loot far from where they died, and sometimes in a wall or other object where it cant be picked up. Have to run around a room after clearing it and spam "nearest loot" button, then /face the loot and hope its in a place i can get it. Annoying when farming Aurulite.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Two general ones:

1 - When on the surface of water in any zone, using first person mode (f11 or zoomed in fully) the camera is either on or slightly below the surface of the water, however there is no 'underwater fog' effect. As well as looking quite stupid (try it out if you don't know what I mean), it means I cannot target mobs directly above me as I am forced to use 3rd person mode which mean I click on my own avatar. I also imagine it could give a small advantage in RvR, as swimming on the surface in 1st person mode, you can see clearly both above and below water at once.

2 - Certain negative effects (can't remember which exactly) when right clicked on, all display as 'protected by'. When delved however they are all as normal.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
dont know how to upload screenie , but have a few here of my Nightshade

on hib/excal grped with a 50 shaman :/ was very funny tho

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
can i stress this beard bug is getting on my tits now... some gm must know the texture file.

or should we all right now these problems? i know several people who have it.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Honestly RightNow is the way to do it, that way it's documented and not just one of us trying to write down everything we read here or hear from someone in a PM and trying to track down answers when we are in the office. If we have it as a RightNow it's sitting in front of us at work where we have the resources and contacts to check into things. Please understand that first off the patch has only been in place for 5 days 3 of which we haven't been in the office (no flames please complaining to us about it won't do anything but make an already tough time of it rougher and we can't do a thing about employment law and official holidays)
We will report the bugs that are reported to us to the testing team in some cases the reports then get bounced to Mythic for solutions we will sort things as quickly as we can.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed a superb bug with the Druid Nature line insta roots (single target and AOE). Basically, if they get resisted when you hit them the timer doesn't reset, so you can continually spam them until they stick ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
When you slam some mobs in Avalon city, they stay stunned longer than the 9s as long as they dont take any damage afterwards and you move away a little from them.

:m00:

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
This one is odd and happens alot, take my 50 arsmen and 50 cleric into a task instance, all the mobs con Orange to cleric and Yellow to Armsmen, fight a mob yellow con on one screen orange on the other screen no difference in rr or ml rank.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Madonion said:
This one is odd and happens alot, take my 50 arsmen and 50 cleric into a task instance, all the mobs con Orange to cleric and Yellow to Armsmen, fight a mob yellow con on one screen orange on the other screen no difference in rr or ml rank.

I've seen that sort of thing in the past. Generally on lower level characters. A level 20 character will see a particular mob as yellow, say, and later the same level see it as blue. I put it down to the con being based on level vs current xp, rather than level vs current level. Could be wrong of course. If true, it may just mean that your armsman is 50.3 and your cleric 50.0, say.

Darzil

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Darzil said:
I've seen that sort of thing in the past. Generally on lower level characters. A level 20 character will see a particular mob as yellow, say, and later the same level see it as blue. I put it down to the con being based on level vs current xp, rather than level vs current level. Could be wrong of course. If true, it may just mean that your armsman is 50.3 and your cleric 50.0, say.

Darzil

it'll be a display bug, when the cleric zones in it's level 50 monsters, when the armsman zones in it's bumping them to level 51 but the cleric has them loaded as yellow con names.

Same thing happens with krojers champions sometimes.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Ah of course i get it now thanks Flim, when you zone out the armsmen it does display that the zone is being adjusted to XX level so your right as each zones in the lvl of the mobs is adjusted just the con lvl or colour is not.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Could some explain to me the difference to instances outside of catacombs and the once inside.

I have done the ones from Task givers namely the one outside castle sauvage were it is always the entrance in the broken tree, these seem very short no drops of anykind or the new material like seals.

The instances that show as red doors in the /map these seem to be much larger normally end up getting swarmed.

Are one type of these geared toward solo or duo play and the other groups?

Sorry if these are simple questions but i dont have manual yet as i got 2 keys from dlgamer.

Thanks

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Madonion said:
Could some explain to me the difference to instances outside of catacombs and the once inside.

I have done the ones from Task givers namely the one outside castle sauvage were it is always the entrance in the broken tree, these seem very short no drops of anykind or the new material like seals.

The instances that show as red doors in the /map these seem to be much larger normally end up getting swarmed.

Are one type of these geared toward solo or duo play and the other groups?

Sorry if these are simple questions but i dont have manual yet as i got 2 keys from dlgamer.

Thanks

Dungeon task instances from taskmasters at bindstones are geared towards any setup as they will adjust themselves to your level and how many you are. You can solo them or bring a fg there, as you wish.

Adventure wing instances in dungeons and around the cata zones are geared towards 4+ players and will adjust to level as well. If you are significantly higher than the recomended level to go there tho you can ofc solo in them - my valkyrie soloed alil in a wing of Cursed Tomb which said it adjusted for 4 level 19 players when i zoned in as 21 (all mobs were yellow that i fought), and also in an instances in the newbiearea of cata where all mobs were blue to her because she was much higher than the area was.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent thanks for that.

Are instances in tombs like barrows and such classed as Adventure Wing instances?

Is it the adventure wing instances mobs that drop the metal type seals ?

Thanks again guys sure others will find the answers handy.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
At first I got graphical glitches (including the beard bug) when I used a copy of my US edition of Catacombs installed on my PC which had been patched to 1.74(some letter).

This went away after installing from the US Catas discs from scratch (and not updated from US servers) and then copying over my login.dat and update.dat from my ToA folder and changing update.dat to point to Catacombs folder on GOA's file server.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe, I understand that rightnow may be more efficient, but don't get the impression that this is just an impatient whines thread, as I don't think thats what most of us intended :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom