buffs plez!!

L

leviathane

started a new char and retired my sorc...was just woundering if any buffer would wanna help pl me...im willing to pay for it if nessecary

O

old.mattshanes

Lev don't give up your sorc,the last 3 lvs to 50 are a pain i know but once you are 48 i think it is you can solo tanglers.Should consider yourself lucky for getting a good class so high.You doing well so far,after all not many lv50 sorcs be good to see another.

G

Generic Poster

Try solo'ing the Aqua tanglers.

It probably depends on your spec, but if you have Body high enough for the AoE root, send in a Telamon to pull agro, root and call him back.

Debuffs the suckers and start nuking one, sending in your telamon to finish him, then pull another... you want to hit AoE mezz as the root is coming to an end. Once mezzed, nuke>telamon-kill the rest.

If it proves too difficult at lv46, group a lv42'ish firewiz.

+ Kindly decline anyone else who asks to join. Unless it's me, if you tell me to go away I'll leech and pull mobs onto you and watch you die :p

L

leviathane

its nothing to do with soloing...tanglers are piss its just my life span in rvr is an average of about 3 mins...and hes a lvl 47 sorc just havent changed my sig.

G

Generic Poster

I remember once taking my sorc to a keep raid.

We were all standing outside Renaris with the usual attacks going on. I'd try to get close to mez... nuked to death. I'd try to spam amnesia from a distance, bolted to death. I'd try to stand around, and catch an AoE DoT and... pretty much die.

I guess there are ways to make a sorc work in those situations, but I gave up and started an inf.

Now during a keep-raid I can go in, take a look around, find my target and one-shot him before jumping over the wall and running to safety. It's not just about feeling usefull, but doing something other then biting the dirt.

But, I still have respect for the sorcerers out there. You just gotta love them when they hit the AoE Mezz.

T

Turamber

Classic this evening = Albs actually charge (!) a larger force of Mids. Amirder presses the mezz button ... most of the Mids stop dead, tanks converge on the ones not mezzed ... so far all going SO well (very unusual for Albs in general to use mezz right in RvR)...

Then a wizard casts AoE root, before you know it runies are nuking, healers are mezzing us, their tanks are resisting root ... lots of dead Albs.

Maybe half of the problem with Albs and crowd control is the fact we hardly have any in RvR, so don't know how to use it correctly?

In any event Levi retired his sorcerer 'cos he's fed up of being killed by assassins. But he fails to realise that in DAOC assassins kill ALL classes, and not just mages. Way to go.... :p

O

old.SadonTheGrey

If you really need a wizard even to keep company I'm here.and I won't mind the xp too ><

BTW wizards don't have aoe root... yet

N

Nalikin

Shame to see you retire your Sorc Lev

I know how much of a pain they are to play in rvr , don't live very long at all , especially after you've mezed , all the damn stealthers hunt you down like dogs on heat :p

Still fun watching all those tanks standing there thinking " ffs damn mez ! " :p even if i do end up watching em from my spirit eye :p

Anerae lvl 39 Sorc Prydwen

T

the_smurflord

Don't give up when you're so close, Lev. I know things are probably a bit sore after the recent guild incidents, but a lvl 50 sorc is a rare thing atm. I am doing my best to make one (lvl 22 atm) and all I can say is how vital they are.
If you're not enjoying it then maybe would should play an alt for a while, but dont give up.

L

leviathane

i aint gonna delte him gonna keep him for emergencies/money but i need to play something else.

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Turamber
But he fails to realise that in DAOC assassins kill ALL classes, and not just mages. Way to go.... :p

Cylian tried to kill my lovely armsbabe this evening in df

943 rp's :)
Damn those poisons hurt

Users who are viewing this thread