Buffbots

S

svartalf

Do buffbots ruin the game. Some people have them and some of us don't. Is it an 'edge', or is it too much of an advantage, your opinions here please...

A

[Abrams]

My main is a lvl 49 armsman and i use a lvl 38 cleric buffbot to help get items and exp. I'll take any advantage I can to get through the boring treadmill called levelling. Maybe if I picked a theurgist or better soloer I wouldn't bother using a second account.

It is a big advantage... I can take down red mobs with the buffbot and I don't have to wait for groups to do something usefull. The disadvantage is that you don't group so much with guildies and it gets dull after a while. I've recently being doing most named mobs in Dartmoor with the help of the bot, but even that's getting dull now.

In the end, people with the means will take any advantage they can. You can't blame them for that. I don't think it ruins the game for anyone, those without bots just have to work a little harder.

H

hellraisermk2

I don't have a buffbot, but I don't have anything against those who do. Afterall, they're paying for two accounts.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by hellraisermk2
Afterall, they're paying for two accounts.

Which is ga-ga enough already... pfft...

I don't mind them... I pity them if that's the only way they can get a decent level.

L

listepik

whatever rocks people's boats i say, as long as its with in the rules, is acceptable

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

imo peeps who use buffbots are ok to do so . they pay for 2 accs sowhy not let em .

as for sickofit saying he pitys them for only being able to lvl with a buffot . well im other way around . i would imagine lvling a buffbot would be the hardest char to lvl . cos most chaers with buffsa have to spoec in heal or smite"in alb anyway" so specing just buffs would give u a really crappy heal and mega crappy smite thus disableing solo ability. and finding it hard to find a grp .

S

SFXman

My opinion is that... who really cares if someone uses a buffbot, soloing will always be more boring unless you chat with yourself, hehe...
I wouldn't mind having two accounts and getting a high-level wiz/theurg/cleric to buff my new characters etc.. you can level so damn fast using a buffbot. But I mean this is usually only done to get past the <L20 which can be quite boring...

O

old.Thiralith

don't have as much respect to players playing buffed all time they RvR, makes them much stronger... some persons that always are buffed. fair or not? guess its a matter of taste.

T

Tenko

Nope, I have no issue against buff bots.

The other night we were happy to group with someones lvl15 enhance cleric in Keltoi but only because his lvl50 wizard was there too, Earth buffing our fighters to killer machine levels!

But what about Buffbots in RvR, would you think about them differently then?

S

svartalf

PART II of my question

SO... the majority opinion here is that you don't care if someone uses a buffbot...

When (if) you venture out alone into the frontiers with your tank, and you get owned by a solo infiltrator/shadowblade will you say, 'how?', or 'overpowered!', next time?

<What you don't know won't hurt you.. er.. maybe>

O

old.Tohtori

Re: PART II of my question

Originally posted by svartalf
SO... the majority opinion here is that you don't care if someone uses a buffbot...

When (if) you venture out alone into the frontiers with your tank, and you get owned by a solo infiltrator/shadowblade will you say, 'how?', or 'overpowered!', next time?

In that case you got owned by an infil and his "dog". Buffbots are dogs, a pet, an illegal substance. Hell buffbot is something that gets you high with no way of loosing it or any sideeffects. :p

Oh yes, wouldn't use one myself but all hail to those who need one.

D

Damon_D

Re: PART II of my question

Originally posted by svartalf

Hmmm he could just as well be buffed by a friend, then we should scream at him for having a friend ??? I use my shammy and healer as buffbots now and then for soloing if there is no groups available , but I'll take a group over my bot anyday

O

old.Tohtori

Damon, a seconed account isn't your friend...sorry to brake this to you :p

S

svartalf

Hmm - what %age of shammies are bots, do you think?

T

_tindel_

buffbots is crap and totally ruins the game, period :)
(dont come bragging to me when youre 50 later, wont work:) )

S

Smildorf

When we are in the subject of multiple accounts..
I tried creating a new account, but got the message that my cd key allready was in use..
Do I have to buy a new version of the game to create an other account?

M

Marcus75

I got a shaman and he ain't a bot - but he is a buffer and I have a hard time seeing the big diffrence between two players playing a shaman and a warrior and one player doing it. I can't say that I think one player using two accounts is so very common as it seems here and if it is, then so be it.

If someone are so desperate to be efficent and leveling fast as hell then I do feel sorry for them. I think that in most cases you end up paying more and having less fun. The simple fact that the endgame for the 2-account guys comes alot faster isn't a good thing in my book. It's like running after the subway... :rolleyes:

O

old.Aralik

what they should do is prevent the same IP connecting to the same server. Buff = gone, simple. If only Mythic / GOA listen :/

O

old.Sanar

If only 1 connection per IP would be implemented Mythic/GOA would just lose loads of money. Think also of all ppl who play through LAN connection in LAN partys or want to play with their wife/gf at home.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Smildorf
When we are in the subject of multiple accounts..
I tried creating a new account, but got the message that my cd key allready was in use..
Do I have to buy a new version of the game to create an other account?

Yes you need another copy of daoc.

M

Melodic

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

what's the difference? In both cases the player will be buffed, and if he ganks you in RvR you will have no way of knowing whether he was buffed by a group mate/friend or a second account...

and sorry for ignoring the sticky out tongue and using your post to make a point :)

I also refrained from correcting your spelling so be happy :p

I

Israfael

Originally posted by old.Sanar
If only 1 connection per IP would be implemented Mythic/GOA would just lose loads of money. Think also of all ppl who play through LAN connection in LAN partys or want to play with their wife/gf at home.

Precisely.

Banning connections from the same IP would be insane...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Aralik
what they should do is prevent the same IP connecting to the same server. Buff = gone, simple. If only Mythic / GOA listen :/
Hmm... I have many places I play from... my cousins house (same IP as him then), LAN parties (same IP as many other people), etc... so this idea is a really really horrible solution to this so-called-problem.
Only thing that bothers me about 2 accounts is cross-realm spying crap that might occur... hard to stop and a very lame thing to do.

S

svartalf

Mythic seems to be putting a semi-solution in the next patch ( I THINK), by putting buffs on a timer.. so they recipient would have to return to the pk, keep having to recast the spell on themselves. IMHO this is a fantastic idea and should be implemented more fully.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
imo peeps who use buffbots are ok to do so . they pay for 2 accs sowhy not let em .

as for sickofit saying he pitys them for only being able to lvl with a buffot . well im other way around . i would imagine lvling a buffbot would be the hardest char to lvl . cos most chaers with buffsa have to spoec in heal or smite"in alb anyway" so specing just buffs would give u a really crappy heal and mega crappy smite thus disableing solo ability. and finding it hard to find a grp .

Levelling a buffbot is really easy, just group it with your main char and leech. :p Also most people would take an enhance/rejuv specced cleric into a group like a shot... good buffs are very useful. :p

O

old.mattshanes

i get way too much msgs for buffs i am sick of it tbh:(

S

SilverHood

BUFF PLZ!!!!!!1!

Happens to my wiz all the time

Funny how the armsmen all want buffs, but they wont group with me
:m00:

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Hmmm I never said that, but how would any one know by who someone has been buff'd, Or be it that your omnipotent ???
You cant tell if its a freind or buff bot can you ?? Its not like its gonna say " so and so was kill'd by so and so and his buffbot "

P

- Pathfinder -

If people pay for a second account and level their char, they're welcome to the advantage as far as I'm concerned.

Of course I'm biased, my main's upcoming nerf will see him respecced to enhance for my rogues :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom