Buffbots whine ;p

M

Melachi-

Not your average buffbot whine, bit difirent :p

Was over in my friends house a few days ago, he plays a Shadowblade and has no buffbot, he let me have a go, and after getting beaten by every other stealther around even if i got the jump on them and did everything 'right' i still lost. He told me it was cause they were buffed, so they would hit harder faster and take more of a beating, so i said fair enough. Ported in to emain, take a look around see all these bots around mpk, and go up to one of the guys buffing himself with his bot, im about to say 'Hey m8 could you spare some buffs ? :)' and my friend says, wtf are you doing ?

Apperntly your not supposed to do this, as ive asked a good few people now, can i ask why ?

I see buffed shadow blades all around emain just after having had a fight, i heal them, or rez them and if i have conc i buff them with haste buff... their buffbots have 16 conc buff max, they can only give themselves 6 conc buffs, so its not like the bots have no conc, is it ?

I see buffbots dont really give you an edge any more, they just level the playing ground, but i cant afford a buffbot, so is there anyone out there that will spare a few buffs ? :p otherwise next time i see a buffed SB ask me for a heal / rez / haste, will i say, oi buy your own healer bot ffs :p

--

Small unrelated question :p
Ive heard many weird things about the haste buff by difirent people, some say it makes you hit for less ? lol
Or beserkers shouldnt use it cause it makes them hit slower? rofl

What does it do? i was under the impression it made no difirence to how hard you hit, just you hit as hard a tiny bit faster

V

vestax

well imo

blah blah blah buffbots suck blah blah blah make your own buffbot instead of whining blah blah blah cry more blah blah blah someone got owned.

No one else need reply to this thread ;)

D

Damon_D

Neither did you have too Vestax ..and sure go ahead and aks for a buff, what can happen..worst case they dont give ya any ...and you get to return the favor later with "sorry cba to rezz you" or " why dont you run ya bot out here to rezz you " Ofcourse not all peopel keep an eye on there bot's msg's sooo..you might wanna be sure you got the " owner " before you refuse to rezz peopel left and right ;)

M

mavericky

I have a bot and never mind buffing people if they ask politely. However I will give preference to group and guild members with conc so am often out. (am always happy to give out end regen and damage shield)

I dont see why asking someone for buffs is wrong, just remember that they are often looking at others screens so may not see the PM's straight away.

B

Brelakor.

Ill buff anyone with my bot Otriun if you ask in a manner that dosent involve: plz, u, thx etc.

Just cant take that kinda talking:)

-Brelly-

K

klavrynd

I dont take buffs when i'm going solo and i cancel them if some friendly brick inspector casts some on me.

buffbots = lame

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by klavrynd
I dont take buffs when i'm going solo and i cancel them if some friendly brick inspector casts some on me.

buffbots = lame

/salute for the chivalry, klavrynd, and i think anyone who's tasted my whine will know my feelings towards people who buy two accounts of a game they spend 50% of their lives insulting and complaining about.

I do wonder why you'd drop a buff from someone though, if its offered freely? I would quite happily accept any aid from a cleric passing me, and stopping to offer a Str/Con or even a base str, out of the goodness of their heart (and the spareness of their Conc ;) ) i only really have a problem with bots that are basically, as you so eloquently put it, "Brick inspectors".

One day, Mythic will realise that their customers have passed the threshold of boredom and now are leaving BECAUSE of the l33tn35z that will dominate, then they will look at options to re'level the playing field, by puttin ranges on buffs.

Til that day comes, they will keep scraping in every penny they can.

Hate to quote Metallica, seeing how they sold out and all, but, "Sad but True"...

K

klavrynd

what's the difference between having a buffbot and getting buffed by someone else's buffbot? right, nothing

It's my way of earning the right to whine about skillless buffbot losers

as for the brick inspector, it's a name of someone's buffbot so i'm not going to take credit for it ~~

1234Taz

what's the difference between having a buffbot and getting buffed by someone else's buffbot? right, nothing

It's my way of earning the right to whine about skillless buffbot losers

as for the brick inspector, it's a name of someone's buffbot so i'm not going to take credit for it ~~

DAoC != skill

pressing 1 - 0 doesnt take any skill at all :m00:

btw isnt zap+avon both in warders and both have a buffbot so erm are they losers to? :rolleyes:

N

nightsorrow

buffbots = lame

YEAH!!!!! more ppl should think like that

P

pudzy

Just cos I use a buffbot dont make me skillless tbh. Savage, h2h spec, is one of the hardest melee classes to play.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by pudzy
Just cos I use a buffbot dont make me skillless tbh. Savage, h2h spec, is one of the hardest melee classes to play.

not skilless, i mean you managed to find time to warrant a second account, and don't go telling me the soul reason your paying GoA £££'s more a month, is so you can buff... dear god, no...

People stand screaming in GoA's face about the lag, the endgame going stale, the fact that it's improvements not expansion we want, the price hike is sick, the thingemy has gone all whatever - whilst handing them more and more money...

<shrugs> i got one account, i can play, i enjoy, i can moan about the service without feeling as ripped off as anyone who has a bot-only account...

T

tamron

buffbots = lame

<Cheers Klavrynd>
Only went up against you a couple of times so far, and have been brushed aside as an afterthought both times <laughs>

I'm still a young'un, but I'll definitely be seeking you out now I know your my kind of adversary <bows>

J

JixNox

To stand any chanse in RvR today solo you need a buffbot or atleast buffs. Unless you wanna travel in full groups. Feels like a month ago sense I killed a unbuffed SB

S

shanks

Get beaten unbuffed and you have a handy and convenient excuse for dying. :clap:

C

case-rigantis

when eventually i leave this game it`ll be almost entirely down to the current trend of buffbot use

it seems that my guild is the only anti buffbot guild in alb real shame

:(

ps funniest thing i heard..

2 level 24 infi`s stood in sauvage one says to the other "want a duel?" other replies "yeah love to let me just run my buffbot up from cam" :rolleyes:

D

darbey

Make all the buffs range sensitive like shammy end buff in 1.62 , problem solved, playing field will be even for everyone not just ones who can afford second account.

Z

zapzap

Klav things any stealther is a gimp, they should be removed killed and die IRL. try count amount of buffbots in PK and u see 70% are from other classes but i guess they are allowed to be buffed but not stealthers. Even see healers having buff bots in pk, skalds with buff bots stuck to them when they RvR solo.

H

Hendel_Torr

if people want to pay the money for buff botts let them it has nothing to do with anyone else plus who says it shouldnt be done what dose it matter to anyone if there buffed or not its a game if you die you die so what if there buffed or is it just RP chasing!?

K

klavrynd

a) assasins are useless in most rvr, and if you actually need one you can't find one
b) buffbots are lame, no matter for which class
c) "everyone does it" is not a valid excuse. You can't go round killing people because it happens elsewhere, can't go stealing stuff because it happens elsewhere , etc
d) hendel, it matters to me, and i hate to die because some lamer with a buffbot has an advantage

M

mordia

Originally posted by 1234Taz
DAoC != skill

pressing 1 - 0 doesnt take any skill at all :m00:

btw isnt zap+avon both in warders and both have a buffbot so erm are they losers to? :rolleyes:

Jajaja, nas.

M

Makwaerk

[
c) "everyone does it" is not a valid excuse. You can't go round killing people because it happens elsewhere, can't go stealing stuff because it happens elsewhere , etc
[/B]

Imo if someone hits me... it is okay to hit back

O

opoc

Originally posted by The Real Redi
/salute for the chivalry, klavrynd, and i think anyone who's tasted my whine will know my feelings towards people who buy two accounts of a game they spend 50% of their lives insulting and complaining about.

I do wonder why you'd drop a buff from someone though, if its offered freely? I would quite happily accept any aid from a cleric passing me, and stopping to offer a Str/Con or even a base str, out of the goodness of their heart (and the spareness of their Conc ;) ) i only really have a problem with bots that are basically, as you so eloquently put it, "Brick inspectors".

One day, Mythic will realise that their customers have passed the threshold of boredom and now are leaving BECAUSE of the l33tn35z that will dominate, then they will look at options to re'level the playing field, by puttin ranges on buffs.

Til that day comes, they will keep scraping in every penny they can.

Hate to quote Metallica, seeing how they sold out and all, but, "Sad but True"...

Amen to that :p

Is klav a mid by any chance? i seen his sig too but if he is a mid then that explains why he don't need buffs since mids are 10 men each :)

S

SFXman

Brilliant idea here.
Put a range on buffs, if the buffs are given to someone not in your group.
I find it very very lame to have two accounts just so you may buff your solo venturers.
It is different from having some other player buff you... you are buffing yourself with another character :rolleyes:
Buffbots are teh lame.
So, Mythic, add ranges to buffs on people not grouped with you.
Buffbots are just one of those things people figure out after they are molding into a vet in some MMORPG... exploitation in my opinion.

S

SFXman

This argument is not valid at all, as you said klav.
Not everyone has the opportunity to purchase two games and pay for two accounts. It is a unfair advantage and thus it is simply... lame.

T

twistedmind

good to see

It is good too see someone with some descency (or how it is spelt) left in their life. I am a excal mid and i don't have buffbot i am also a pryd hib and still no buffbot cause i think it is too expansive to have a buffbot.

First you have to have two copies daoc.
Second you have to pay for two accounts. 10.00 eur i think
Third you have to have another computer.
Fourth if you have SI then you need 4 copies of the game two for classic and 2 for si.
Fifth you need good place.

To sum this up in NOK.

two classic DAoC = 200x2 NOK = 40£
Two SI copies = 200x2 NOK = 40£
Two accounts = 180 NOK each month = 18£
One new computer usable = 6000 NOK = 600£
that is 7000 NOK = 700£ to get a buffbot
Way to expansive for a player in the army where i get 3024 NOK = 302.4 £ every month.

And you need to buy food and tickets to travel home aswell. So now you got it in english pounds and norwegian kroner the total cost of a buffbot.

P

Pansern

U dont need another computer.... im running 2xSi on my pc without probs and i dont have teh uber 1337 pc... 1300 amd, gf4 mx, 768 sdram :)

Buffbot4tehwin ! o_O

O

opoc

Originally posted by SFXman
Brilliant idea here.

Wouldn't work as most i know of that use buff bots and solo witht he buffs group with their buffbot to reduce parries and such against them.

F

Fafnir

Well i bought my second copy of daoc with SI for 300 SEK. And you cant blame people for having buff bots because you dont have the cash atm.

I have a work, i spend the cash i earn as i like. I've done the military service and i know about the petty cash they pay you, but atleast here in sweden you get free food and board too. :) And I had priorities to make, buy another game or go out and have fun and drink beer.

Its all up to you how you want to spend your money. I got the second account cause i had hard time to find groups 90% of fafnirs 50 lvls i did solo. 47-50 i did in spindel.

D

Duzzy

Originally posted by SFXman

FYI Mythic will never.. ever put range on buffs.. If they do they will lose shit loads of money when all buffbot ppl stop paying for their buffbots..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom