Buffbots & ToA

I

ironhand

Just been looking through ToA quests and the rewards noticed a few things which are going to make BB's even more uber increasing the divide to people with/without BB's VS people with/without respectivly:-

Sand Scorched Helm (Cleric)-- 102AF, 100% qua, Bonus to casting speed: 5%, Bonus to Strength attribute bonus cap: 5, Bonus to duration of spells: 5%, Bonus to healing effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to stat enhancement spell effectiveness: 5%

Water-worn Gauntlets (Cleric)-- 100 AF, 100% qua, Cold: 5%, Bonus to healing effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to stat enhancement spell effectiveness: 5% , Bonus to duration of spells: 5%, Bonus to hit points bonus cap: 44

Ancient Holy Hauberk (Cleric)-- 102 AF, 100% qua, Bonus to stat enhancement spell effectiveness: 7%, Bonus to healing effectiveness: 7%, Bonus to Constitution attribute bonus cap: 4, Bonus to spell range: 8% - Requirement: vs. Undead

With these three items combined with MoTA 4 ( and 5 if they fix it)
you get a total of 29% better buffs (32% with MoTA if fixed). I havent yet looked through for drops (either random or either one time) but im sure there will be more items with + stat enhancement spell effectiveness.
Also items with + stat cap will see the creation of even more powerful players (Stealthers evading more due to higher Dex cap, tanks with extremely large HP's etc)

Leading onto the fact that if you dont have ToA and a BB you will be severly crippled.

No whines or QQ just serious discussion. Thoughts please.
Edit: Typo's

I

ironhand

Cleric Buffs with MotA 4 + those 3 items:-

Base AF 67
Base Dex 62
Base Str 64
Base Con 57
Spec Str/Con 89
Spec Dex/Quic 97
Spec AF 86
Spec HP regen 13

Without

Base AF 52
Base Dex 48
Base Str 50
Base Con 44
Spec Str/Con 69
Spec Dex/Quic 75
Spec AF 67
Spec HP regen 9

A

Artherk

But surely the amount a character is buffed for is still capped? I think I read somewhere on the grab bag that the main aim of these adds would be to make lower, less concentration using buffs, more effective, enough so that they could hit the cap, and thus all this would mean is that a cleric can cast more buffs but still can't go above the player they're buffing's cap. Correct me if I'm wrong here

Q

Qwegji-

I heard it was 92.

Some peeps have enough mota and +% in ToA that they can buff using yellow con spec buffs and still hit the 92 cap. Means they have more conc spare and can buff more peeps :)

I

ironhand

Thought they removed the buff cap last patch? Or is there still a cap on the uncappedness :) ?

I

ironhand

Originally posted by Artherk
I think I read somewhere on the grab bag that the main aim of these adds would be to make lower, less concentration using buffs, more effective, enough so that they could hit the cap, and thus all this would mean is that a cleric can cast more buffs but still can't go above the player they're buffing's cap.

There is a limit to the amount of buffs a cleric can have not just on his con limit but total buffs, some where around 20 buffs max i think.

X

Xeanor

There's a cap:

93 on specbuffs
62 on basebuffs

only acuity buff will really benefit from those items.

Q: My Cleric received an item with a bonus to "stat enhancement spell effectiveness", but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to the buffs I'm casting. What is this bonus supposed to do?

A: Spoke the Item Mistress: "There are hard caps in place that limit the amount of stat increases a player may receive from spells. The new stat enhancement bonus items from Atlantis will not allow players to go over these limits. Instead, players will be able to use these bonuses to achieve more effective stat and armor factor buffs from lower level spells."

Basically, it will make lower level buffs, buff for more, but with the cheaper concentration costs of the lower level buffs.

If you need a quick reminder of the hard cap numbers:

Hard cap for spec buffs: Player level * 1.5 * 1.25 (93 at level 50)
Hard cap for baseline buffs: Player level * 1.25 (62 at level 50)
Hard cap for buffs from items: Player level * 1.5 (75 at level 50)

I

ironhand

What about items that increase player stat caps? Ie :-

Cleric received:
Water-worn Gauntlets (Cleric)-- 100 AF, 100% qua, Cold: 5%, Bonus to healing effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to stat enhancement spell effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to duration of spells: 5%, Bonus to hit points bonus cap: 44

PvP/PvE server Warrior received:
Water-worn Gauntlets (gloves). 100AF 100%. Usable by Warrior/Skald/Thane. +2 to ALL Melee, +20 Hits. Bonus to CON Cap: +5, Bonus to DEX Cap: +5, Bonus to Melee Damage: +5% (vs. Humanoids), Bonus to Melee Combat Speed: 5% (no requirement).

Does that take the item cap of +75 or hit cap up ?

S

scarffs

Originally posted by ironhand
What about items that increase player stat caps? Ie :-

Cleric received:
Water-worn Gauntlets (Cleric)-- 100 AF, 100% qua, Cold: 5%, Bonus to healing effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to stat enhancement spell effectiveness: 5%, Bonus to duration of spells: 5%, Bonus to hit points bonus cap: 44

PvP/PvE server Warrior received:
Water-worn Gauntlets (gloves). 100AF 100%. Usable by Warrior/Skald/Thane. +2 to ALL Melee, +20 Hits. Bonus to CON Cap: +5, Bonus to DEX Cap: +5, Bonus to Melee Damage: +5% (vs. Humanoids), Bonus to Melee Combat Speed: 5% (no requirement).

Does that take the item cap of +75 or hit cap up ?

It takes the cap up, but the buffbot will still only be able to buff up to +93 stat. The extra hits or con has to be achieved by items i think.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Xeanor
There's a cap:

93 on specbuffs
62 on basebuffs

only acuity buff will really benefit from those items.

Acuity buff on buffbots, and all spec buffs on PLAYED clerics with less than full enhance who will be able to approach the caps a buffbot could get, using the ToA items to do so :) :)

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.linnet
Acuity buff on buffbots, and all spec buffs on PLAYED clerics with less than full enhance who will be able to approach the caps a buffbot could get, using the ToA items to do so :) :) (whilst still needing the same conc per buff as currently) I think this represents a nice boost to played buffers.

(Doh, hit quote instead of edit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom