Buffbots in WoW

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Having played DAoC since release, and seen what buffbots can do to a game's community, i was just wondering if there was any class in WoW that could be used as a buffbot, or if infact the buff system is anything like the one in DAoC.

Blizzard seems to be doing everything they can to leave the stereotypical MMORPG problems behind, and i see buffbots as one of these. so does anyone have any idea?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
No buffbots.

Buffs only last for 30mins and usually you can only have 1 buff from a single player.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Having played DAoC since release, and seen what buffbots can do to a game's community, i was just wondering if there was any class in WoW that could be used as a buffbot, or if infact the buff system is anything like the one in DAoC.

Blizzard seems to be doing everything they can to leave the stereotypical MMORPG problems behind, and i see buffbots as one of these. so does anyone have any idea?

have you played the game????

or you just shoot and ask questions later? :eek6:

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Saw a dude running round as a warrior with a priest bot on follow, not so much a buffbot. But a second account for heals.. no escaping it really.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Tzan said:
have you played the game????

or you just shoot and ask questions later? :eek6:

really dont understand what ur getting at tbh, and dont want to as its people with that sort of attitude that ruin most things in life :m00:

Ps. thanks to the people that cleared up the buffing issue for me, much appreciated

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
really dont understand what ur getting at tbh, and dont want to as its people with that sort of attitude that ruin most things in life :m00:

Ps. thanks to the people that cleared up the buffing issue for me, much appreciated

must be the fact that I want to ask for a raise that makes me how I am now. The only thing in life I ruin is .... < cant think of any >. People like you ruin their happyness by taking too much serious things that people like me say my :m00: friend.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Tzan said:
must be the fact that I want to ask for a raise that makes me how I am now. The only thing in life I ruin is .... < cant think of any >. People like you ruin their happyness by taking too much serious things that people like me say my :m00: friend.

You'd rather not be taken serious at all? I find that very hard to believe... As for you having a go at the first poster - are you some kind of idiot? There's not necessarily anything wrong in commenting on it not being a stereotypical mmorpg and without him explaning what he meant by it, you know just as much as everyone else does; ie. you're unqualified to really comment on it.

Rather, go save your leet attitude for later and let us at least get over the beta before we need to have a drag with the (you) CS kiddies.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well from what i heard there will be no conventional "buff bot" and thank god for that :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
well ye there isnt much point of getting one because the buffs only last for a limited amount of time :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The Druids buff ernt that good, sure it raises all stats, but not by that much.

It does not come close to a Mage int buff in how much it increases, buffs can also be purged and dispelled.

My advice if you got no use for Linen, take up First aid it does not count towards your two primary trade skills.

You can make Bandages, they help alot when soloing, or just buy some potions from the Auction house :)

Cooking is neat aswell now, as the food you make from it gives you +stam and +spirit, Stam gives you more heath and spirit increase your regain, and cooking does not count as a primary tradeskill to boot!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cyradix said:
No buffbots.

Buffs only last for 30mins and usually you can only have 1 buff from a single player.

can you have 1 buff each from 3 different players?

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Tzan said:

Hmmm are you really a pratt or is this some kind of wind up ?

Someone asks a straightforward question, which I imagine a few peeps would find interesting, and all you can do is flame with pointless comments (which I am not actually sure make sense).

Oh well back to my comfortable cotton wool world.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
You'll never stop people 2-boxing... but personally I've never met a single 2-boxer who was half as able as a strong solo player. People just do it to whore loot and give themselves more solo-ability, if the game designers put more general appeal into the "buffing"/priest classes then the issue wouldn't exist.

Oh, and agreed - AhoyHoy yuo aer teh pleb.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Xavier said:
You'll never stop people 2-boxing... but personally I've never met a single 2-boxer who was half as able as a strong solo player. People just do it to whore loot and give themselves more solo-ability, if the game designers put more general appeal into the "buffing"/priest classes then the issue wouldn't exist.

What a load of bull... Just because you hate people who's botting, doesn't mean they're "less skilled", as you claim to - rather, I'd say it's quite the contrary, as it's the more competitive players who bots and not the casual ones that doesn't even take gaming serious to some degree. Without being serious about something, you can't become gosu either.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
What a load of bull... Just because you hate people who's botting, doesn't mean they're "less skilled", as you claim to - rather, I'd say it's quite the contrary, as it's the more competitive players who bots and not the casual ones that doesn't even take gaming serious to some degree. Without being serious about something, you can't become gosu either.

but not all players can afford ot run a bot, or i think most would - it is a way of gaining an advantage over a large amount of people, which can't be overcom eno matter how good your equipment/items are

i.e. a FPS where for an extra £10 a month you can have an aimbot, an advantage over a guy who can't afford that

its the fact i cant afford a 2nd computer to run a bot on , not the actual fee though

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
That could also be put down to alot of people (taking DAoC as an example) leeching buffs from those they know, effectively putting them at a state where they basically owns a buffbot themself.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I can afford to run a bot... if I wanted - I have a second machine and the cost of an account is dirt cheap (I've three WoW beta accounts so that's hardly stopping me there...)

In EQ2 I already have a second account which I'm going to use to merchant, and I'll leave it as such.

It's not "bull" - it's an observation I've formed over more than one game - DAoC, AC2, WoW and EQ2 most recently, 2-boxers even with hours of practice themselves let groups know they're 2-boxing because even if they frantically button mash they can't for example watch the tanking and healing perfectly throughout. WoW doesn't feature command queuing for this reason and as a result things can go horribly wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom