E

Eggy

Specs:

Intel P4 2.53ghz
512mb RDRAM
80gig HD
NTL Cable (600k dl)
Windows XP Home

Running one account is fine, loads up nice and fast, runs smooth and I can easily alt-tab out and browse web etc.

Loading up a second account takes longer, but goes in ok. After a bit of jerkiness, it usually lets me alt tab between accounts. If I die in (for example) emain, and release, when I've ported back my buffbot will almost certainly have crashed. Yes, I normally run her into a wall to stop her inactive LDing.

Have tried loading both up and setting to below normal priority, which seems to make it switch faster/smoother, but still crashes.

Is it simply a lack of RAM problem? Help! :)

M

Mishy

i have a similar spec on my old pc, although less cpu power and have the same problems if i tried to run 2 accounts on it.... however my new pc, has 1gb ram, faster cpu, and can run 2 accounts fine, without crashes, and alt-tabbing etc is no problem (although i run 2 accounts on 2 pcs now :)

So ram could be the issue (i would think your cpu is more then powerful enough to handle 2 accounts), they say 512mb is the bare minimum to run 2 accounts.... although upgrading RD-Ram is expensive and sometimes hard to get hold of :\

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by Eggy
Specs:

Intel P4 2.53ghz
512mb RDRAM
80gig HD
NTL Cable (600k dl)
Windows XP Home

stuff

. Yes, I normally run her into a wall to stop her inactive LDing.

stuff

You have a better spec than me and I don't have any probs. I would suggest that maybe autorunning doesn't stop inactive LD's. What stops inactive LD's I think is sending something to the server every so often. So when you have a spare couple of seconds, Alt-Tab and press F8 or something then go back to your main

B

boni_ofdavoid

crashing on alt tab is most likey caused by video card drivers.

K

Keogh

Simple fact is the more memory the better. I have 1g ram and can run 2 accounts on my desktop with no problems at all. A mate of mine just upgraded to 768mb ram and can now run 2 accounts with no problems when before with 512mb he had big problems.

Remember that the recommened memory for SI is 384mb.

Users who are viewing this thread